Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Speaking of which, has the Team cooked up a response to these old related questions of mine?

On 6/9/2018 at 5:05 PM, Metis said:

5) How, if at all, does one convert to the New Gods? Say that a student from some far off place with no real religion to speak of comes to the Academagia and wishes to convert, what's needed/what happens/etc.?

6) Is there a fancy(/ier) term for the New Gods religion, or is it just "(worship of) the New Gods"?

What did happen to Professor Strom? Just in general, was he arrested and jailed, did he flee to places unknown, or do he genuinely fall off the face of the island to the point where he could be chill'n out as a lumberjack in Mineta with no one being the wiser?

I like to imagine he's somewhere nearby the Academagia looking to turn the tables on Sixt. From the sounds of things, I believe that the artifact smuggling thing was never formally proven, and Strom quietly resigned and disappeared before things got too hot for him.

For reference, unless I misremember joining the Thieves Guild is done through

Spoiler

Miya's student adventure. Though I've never actually gone through that one (stealing is...not my shtick), so I can't confirm whether there's anything special you need to do during the adventure to do it.

So, out of curiosity I searched for Academagia at Wikipedia. It got a hit as an entry under life simulation game. saying:

"a fantasy magic school life simulator made by a father for his daughters, and released to the public due to demand"

Is that true? That makes a lot of sense, considering the dedication picture at the opening. But if it was supposed to be just for a family, how did word of it get out that it existed? That sounds like a part of the story we have yet to hear.

• Like 1

Mmm. I usually have a good memory of factoids posted on this forum. If that was posted here, I think it must have been really early on. Honestly I would bet that it was never released on the forums, because I asked once about Ann, Janelle, and Kim, and the Legate mostly deflected the question. To be fair, it's usually not a good idea to release too much information on the internet about one's family, so I just dropped it, but I must confess it remains a point of curiosity.

Bahaha!

So, the Wikipedia entry is false! Well, when anyone can edit, you get cases of false assumptions like that.

I would try to edit it myself, but every time I try to edit a Wikipedia page, the edit gets reverted because I'm not one of their super editors. I just gave up in trying.

1. Are any students at Academagia from Malkstrang?

2. Where is Selamor?

3. Are the libraries of Selamor restricted due to containing texts about dragon anatomy?

4. Where is Malkstrang?

5. Is the precise distinction between mastery spells that teach people skills and revision spells that improve people's skills understood? Is research into this topic restricted?

1. What would the reaction be in Vernin if a non-Vernin student were to gain highest marks in Y1 Vernin courses? (maybe I have asked this before)

2. You have mentioned that sugar is old in the Empre of Man, but where is it grown? Any in the Empire?

3. Is it common for pious students to offer prayers to Rostra before leaving Mineta?

4. Is the worship of Aemean tolerated in Mineta? Conversely, has such worship ever been associated with a heresy?