Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1. Would a student be punished for using the ability "Gift of the Familiar" outside of a familiar's dying through some other cause?

2. Could "Gift of the Familiar" finally get rid of Mr. Pebbles?

3. When mages use the "Gift of the Familiar", can they have familiars again?

4. Can the Bond be improved beyond the level in Y1?

@Legate of Mineta

1. Was the understanding of mental illnesses set back by the banning of Mastery?

2. Would asking such a question as "Was the understanding of mental illnesses set back by the banning of Mastery?" get one into legal trouble or trouble at Academagia?

3. Is Prudence Cossins on the fetal alcohol spectrum?

4. Are any other characters on the autistic spectrum?

5. Is Marlein Knoht depressed?

6. When Academagia students are convicted of using illegal magic, are students required or encouraged to watch the punishment?

7. On a lighter note, is it a valid career path for a human to study satyrs or serve as a diplomat to satyrs?

1) Is it common for people who had some form of stipend for Academagia that they work it of in a job at Academagia after they graduated?

That is interesting so there will be some way to get a new familiar despite Gift of the Familiar say there is non. (I suspect its Gate based as gate magic have of all school of magic the best understanding in binding other creature to your service … maybe its the way that your character is then the familiar ^^)

On ‎29‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 8:05 PM, Schwarzbart said:

2) Can you tell us what year 3 have as core classes this year? I wonder what Oan would tell our chars that she learn or have to do for the academy beside her Incantation studies.

Did the team answer on this by now?

1. Is Malkstrang really a city where every person is a thief, or are these merely exaggerated travelers' tales?

2. Would students in Y2 be old enough to be legally competent as witnesses to contracts?

3. Would one need to be a powerful mastery mage to create a mastery spell that masters one person and can be rapidly expanded to master other people in response to circumstances?

I agree with isadorbg especial it is compulsory subject for Vernin students to my knowledge what means Vernin students that already learned brew to a high level in year 1 will be punished big times.

(If I remember right there some NPC  Vernin students in our year who have a focus on learning the brew skills)

@isadorbg and @Schwarzbart: Attending Brew class, as I see it, is useful for three reasons even if a character have a high level in it at beginning of Y1:

1. Gaining a PC formal recognition as a brewer, which may allow for more course options in Y3.

2. Brew-Related Adventures.

3. Gaining higher levels in Brewing (because of how classes work).

@Rhialto The Legate told us that the Brew class have the level 10 limit so point 3 is already down.

Point 2 Adventure help NPC student how much?

For year 1 it was already told that we can do a test for a prerequisite skill if we didn't take the class in year 1 and I doubt year 3 will take this much different so your first point is also absolut no reason for this class. 

Only if brew also get the different options the other classes have in place of going to class it would be worth to take it and Vernin students would not be hampered.

@Rhialto the main problem is with the NPC and not with the player!!!!!! As the player could try to minimize how much (s)he learn from brew in year 1 but some NPC students in our games still go full force in learning the brew skill in year 1. (Sure it still would make some older save less then optimal for the player to continue because (s)he focused on Brew as Vernin but that is then just a reason to play year 1 once again)