Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Where is Malkstrang? In Vilocia?

2. Are many mercenaries from Cimone? I ask because there is a dueling style named after it (though not one practiced by Zoe Melis, ironically).

3. Is there any mystical or pedagogical practice based around visualizing phemes (possibly in association with visualizing effects that phemes are associated with)?

On ‎16‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 3:00 PM, Rhialto said:

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Where is Malkstrang? In Vilocia?

2. Are many mercenaries from Cimone? I ask because there is a dueling style named after it (though not one practiced by Zoe Melis, ironically).

3. Is there any mystical or pedagogical practice based around visualizing phemes (possibly in association with visualizing effects that phemes are associated with)?

12 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

4. Is it possible to create spell like effects with brew / alchemy that don't show as magic? (i.e. something like a polymorph potion)

11 hours ago, freespace2dotcom said:

5. Any response to the potion question I asked earlier?

Edit: Legate! Please fix your sigi! :(

@Legate of MinetaI suspect you answered to question 5 but not to question 1-4

Like most subjects of the Lore, there aren't many precise descriptions: Malkstrang is far North at "the very edge of the world".

"The Wharfs at Malkstrang I:  "Before the great exile, the wharfs at Malkstrang were the launching point for great sea-faring vessels and the home to mighty conquerors and explorers. Now, thrust unwillingly into the sky, the wharfs are far from the sea. Poised at the very edge of the world, they have become a home only to the vilest of men: gamblers, murderers, thieves, blackmailers, and assorted tricksters."

• Like 1

To be fair, I've seen 'heel' used in that same context out of wrestling, but admittedly not recently. It used to be more common, I think, but it's usage is somewhat antiquated today. I think the villain of 'it's a wonderful life' was called a heel at one part, but that film is quite old.

Referencing the eighth Religion research lore, is Fire's "gift" the actual origin of the word "Hell" in Academagia, or is that just a later translation thing? The actual source of the lores isn't clarified (as far as I could see), so I can't tell whether it's from a millennium old stone tablet or a book that was published late in 1650.