Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Not that I am expecting any such thing to occur in game, but have there been any efforts by scholars to discover phemes that would correspond to individuals (akin to the True Name Concept)?

2. Are there confidence artists or charlatans who claim to have discovered such phemes?

3. Are there any phemes that, while not gates or mastery related, are so potentially dangerous that they are banned or restricted from general knowledge?

4. Any update about my question about reptilology?

So, here's a really awkward question from a real life discussion I had recently.

Are boys circumcised in setting at all? Given the vastly different religious background, I'd have to guess no. But then again, given the existence of magic, that particular operation has the potential to be a lot less painful and squeamish than it is in real life, so I am curious. I'm pretty sure we never asked that question yet, Probably because of the empathetic pain it almost brings with such discussion. haha.

@freespace2dotcom, @Legate of Mineta: One can be circumcised for reasons related purely to medical health rather than religious or cultural practises. I, for example, was circumcised - and I am and was a Buddhist - a few years ago because I had phimosis and wanted to avoid the increased risk of penile cancer associated with phimosis. I remember that the night after the operation, I was so much in pain that I could not sleep, so I played Academagia. :) I hope that these remarks are appropriate.

@Legate of Mineta: Of all the the things to be redacted, discussion of Baron Midian was the last thing that I would have expected. I guess that I should read the lores about him in more detail then, in order to find out why he is so special. Speaking of religious or cultural practises, here are some questions.

1. Are there any strands of Millenarianism within the Empire of Man? By this I mean religious beliefs that society is corrupted or evil at a certain level, but a divinely appointed transformation will improve it.

2. Are there any strands of Apocalypticism within the Empire of Man? By this I mean religious beliefs that there will be, possibly very soon, a clash between the forces of good and evil in which good will triumph.

3. If a scholar were to do research about the Oursouki religion and conclude that it is not about worshipping/serving dragons, would it be legal for this work to be published?

4. Do dragon worshippers hope to restore slavery under the dragons with themselves as vilici (overseers of slave-owners' slaves)?

According to the Lore, Baron Midian is the son of Baron Midvis of Hattingdon, he was a spoiled child, but forced to do several apprenticeships in his youth, after his father's death, he became the baron of the province.

• Like 1

I only commented on religious aspects, because I kind of felt that given the time period of the setting, the beneficial health aspects of doing so would be unknown or understated. I'm not very knowledgeable in the subject and I'm not especially interested in dwelling on it more than is strictly necessary. It's just a subject of a momentary mild curiosity.

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Are there any places within the Empire of Man whose inhabitants can be described as having almond eyes?

2. Is Feng, the owner of Feng's parlour, an Estero? [parenthetically, the term Estero should be Esterus in Latin/Eluminian - unless it is a non-standard noun, which in fairness it might be, as with leo].