Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

5 hours ago, Rhialto said:

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Any updates about my question about reptile study?

2. If this question is inappropriate, I apologize. But are there any laws against engaging in romantic relationships with the undead?

3. Since the Empire of Man's laws are meant to apply to all of humanity, are there ever tensions between local prohibitions and imperial prohibitions? Are there legal principles that (in theory) are meant to resolve such conflicts? Do they tend to favor the Empire (when applied)?

4. You have mentioned that canon and secular laws conflict about publishing certain types of research about certain subjects. Has the Academagia (or any of its professors) ever gotten into trouble with canon law but not secular law for research?

5. Where there other well known mass abuse of students done by the Regents or Legate beside the youth stealing spell form a Legate?

So, Legate, You've said that a child who managed to get the basics of every one of the pillars in their first year in the PreBan era would have been singled out for extra special schooling, I have some questions on this.

1. Ignoring the case of the player who must go along certain rails, I'd like to ask if there was a case or two of exceptional students getting enough attention to warrant this kind of singular training recently, and what did they do to get it?

2. In the case(s) where a student received this training, can you tell us what kind of conditions that were needed to be agreed to in order to receive it? Since you said from your description that they were being groomed to be a part of the Imperial Court, it would seem that there would be a lot of expectations placed on the child in question...

3. Since this kind of tuition is considered analogous to that which would be received by the first children of royal families, I can't imagine what the cost of that tuition would be. If the Academagia's *normal* tuition is routinely described as *princely^  as it is, are we literally talking about paying an Emperor's ransom for this kind of privilege? *shudder*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These question pertain to... Let's just say an idea that has been mulling over in my head for a few years now. A much better idea than my Aiden idea which I've scrapped.

4. As you've mentioned previously, High ranking servants of Dragons were occasionally given the privilege of raising an unwanted or low ranking Dragon from birth. How do the personalities of those dragons turn out? Do they tend to have a familiar attachment or a soft spot for the race that raised them? (At least relative to their higher ranking, tyrannical counterparts are concerned!) And how close do they remain to their blood relatives?

5. Concerning these 'lesser' dragons, When they come of age in Draconic society, and are completely seen as an undesirable competitor for power etc. etc by their many draconic siblings. What tends to happen to them? Especially if said dragons are not strong enough.to compete with their siblings, but wily enough to not die either.. Would the dragon ultimately get ordered off on a fool's suicide errand?

Free & S;

1. Ignoring the case of the player who must go along certain rails, I'd like to ask if there was a case or two of exceptional students getting enough attention to warrant this kind of singular training recently, and what did they do to get it?

I'll ask. :)

2. In the case(s) where a student received this training, can you tell us what kind of conditions that were needed to be agreed to in order to receive it? Since you said from your description that they were being groomed to be a part of the Imperial Court, it would seem that there would be a lot of expectations placed on the child in question...

Same.

3. Since this kind of tuition is considered analogous to that which would be received by the first children of royal families, I can't imagine what the cost of that tuition would be. If the Academagia's *normal* tuition is routinely described as *princely^  as it is, are we literally talking about paying an Emperor's ransom for this kind of privilege? *shudder*

It would be, yes. Almost no expense spared.

4. As you've mentioned previously, High ranking servants of Dragons were occasionally given the privilege of raising an unwanted or low ranking Dragon from birth. How do the personalities of those dragons turn out? Do they tend to have a familiar attachment or a soft spot for the race that raised them? (At least relative to their higher ranking, tyrannical counterparts are concerned!) And how close do they remain to their blood relatives?

There are many tales of betrayal by such progeny, so...probably too close. :)

5. Concerning these 'lesser' dragons, When they come of age in Draconic society, and are completely seen as an undesirable competitor for power etc. etc by their many draconic siblings. What tends to happen to them? Especially if said dragons are not strong enough.to compete with their siblings, but wily enough to not die either.. Would the dragon ultimately get ordered off on a fool's suicide errand?

They were Ranked as any Dragon, but obviously there was an indelible and inescapable flaw that could be exploited.

6. Can you tell us by now if a variant of Game+ make it into year 2 or is the idea already on the cut table?

No comment yet.

1) Are there some holidays that Legates cannot move, due to canon laws?

2) The lores (and story) mention evil gates mages and evil mastery mages as figures in cultural and scholarly awareness. Are evil reptilologists similarly known at either level?

3) Does the Schohanwicht School train people in reptilology?

1. Although I have no doubt that answering whether Gates Mages wrote books dedicated to describing, summoning, and etiquette of interacting with particular entities (akin to grimoires or certain tantric texts) would be merely answered in this forum with [redacted] - if it has not been already - I have a question. Would it be legal for any mage or non-mage to ask about or research such a question, so long as no actual gates spells were casted or gates books located (without destruction)?

2. Does the Schohanwicht School teach in higher years the protocols/etiquette behind interacting with intelligent extra-dimensional beings?

I hope you're now keeping a list of the questions for the Team, rather than compiling them the day you choose to ask them! There can be quite a few. Still now that you say you're going to do another sweep, I've got to get in a few more.

1, Can you tell us a little bit about Pievre's All-magic academy? When was it founded, and what was the driving force for the founding? Since most magic academies specialize in one pillar, there's got to be a good story behind this.

2. Aside from the library spaces, are there other places on campus where spellcasting is seriously frowned uipon?

3. Will Pamela have a more proper picture in Y2 as opposed to a generic ghostly image? I want to know what she really looks like! Can I ask about a description of her general physical characteristics when you can make them out on a good day?

4. So, since Gates items can be legal if they are of old construction, I think we need to know about the legality of recharging uses of such an item, especially if Gates is not required to do the recharging.

5. Hypothetically, in the Case of Octavia Egaldi, If Mastery magic was available and not horrendously illegal, would it have been easier to heal her with Mastery. rather than  the very delicately engineered Negation that was used in that adventure? Or is it safe to say that to do so safely would have required a high level master of Mastery and an equally complicated spell?

6. Did the Misuse of Mastery caused many accidents like Octavia and Professor Knoht in the past? If so, why is that particular danger not discussed at all when discussing the magic? Is that danger completely overlooked in favor of highlighting it's "evilness"? (Or do some people consider that a perk of Mastery, lol)

7. So, Hypothetically, if my Character was from a destitute family, but managed (somehow) to befriend a certain Chard and even got her Pauper's bane for her, what would she have to say about the irony of that, particularly if that was brought up to her.

To the questions posed by @freespace2dotcom, I add my three:

8. Has any student, at Academagia or any similar educational institution in the Empire of Man, ever been executed for illegal reptology, or is this merely theoretical?

9. How would one gain permission to study reptology (not just at Academagia)? Are the permissions supposed to be carefully recorded?

10. Would it be legal to suggest that a similar licensing scheme be adopted for gates/mastery magic?

1) Was there "recently" a breakthrough in food generating that the Academagia setting going toward the industrial revolution? Because having more people working on producing something else then food need the food production become more efficient what in real world Europa apparently at last partial was covered by using plants from the new world.

2 hours ago, Metis said:

Reveal hidden contents

I:

The popular story about Prudence having eaten a bat has been exaggerated slightly. She was on one of her regular trips to her great aunt's shack (she's a bit of a hermit) when it happened. Sure, she ate some bat, but it was cooked and she hadn't thought to ask what the meat was before gobbling it down. The great aunt scrounged up whatever meat she could find, and happened to be a fan of bat meat herself.

Anyway, Prudence didn't find out until later what it was she had eaten, but she thought it was an interesting story and told one of her friends. The friend promptly told everyone else, constantly adding gross details with each retelling. This didn't exactly help Prudence's slightly anti-social nature.

II:

Prudence is able to play the simple melody "Hot Cross Buns" on over 30 different instruments, a list she is fond of recounting to her closer friends. She lacks the dedication to really stick to one instrument well enough to be very good, but music teachers tend to compliment her on how well she picks up new ones. She says that the only thing holding her up from increasing her list's size is the lack of new instruments to play.

III:

Prudence is very fond of animals. Though people may make fun of her, she can talk to most animals all day long and never really miss the responses she would get back from humans. She even says that wolves will sit and listen to her stories where people will not. This affinity for wolves has only hurt her twice out of nearly a hundred times, but one time was right after she had eaten that bat, and she guessed that the smell on her breath must have made the wolf attack her.

IV:

Prudence hates her name so much that she started to take actions to get rid of it. She wanted a new name, but she doesn't have enough friends to really get a new name and have other people use it. She has even thought about transferring to a normal school, just so she could get a fresh start and use a new name. Now, she feels a bit more secure about it, though.

V:

Prudence keeps it a surprisingly closely guarded secret that she enjoys fishing. She has caught well over fifty fish in her life, and even holds a few size records at individual ponds. She doesn't tell anyone, though, afraid of being considered even more of a tomboy than she already is.

VI:

Prudence has a small collection of nesting dolls, or matroshkas. She practices stacking them perfectly with magic. Her collection is kept carefully hidden under a floorboard in her dorm, but she has shown it to one or two close friends in the past.

VII:

Prudence's father died when she was young. She didn't know him that well, so it isn't especially traumatic for her, but she does think that the lack of a father figure for her may have made her more aggressive than she would be otherwise. Her mother acts more like a friend than a parent, so she doesn't really respect authority in general.

VIII:

Prudence has yet to kiss a boy. She finds this rather irritating, as she also believes that she must be the last in the class to have never done so (which isn't at all true). Boys are so frightened of her, and her tendencies to fight with them, that she isn't particularly successful at becoming close to them in general.

IX:

Several of the boys Prudence beat up were also the boys she liked. She can't explain why she does it, but one good guess is that the boys she likes are also the ones she talks to, and then the people she talks to are more likely to annoy her enough that she'll hit them. At least that's her best guess.

X:

Prudence can't tell the difference between hunger and thirst, and this makes her feel rather insecure about her eating habits. Though this is actually true for plenty of people, Prudence often decides to drink water when she isn't sure, because she's afraid of gaining weight when she isn't even hungry. This in turn increases the number of bathroom breaks she takes when out somewhere, which some people have made fun of her for.

@Legate of Mineta: Is the material in this selection of lores about Prudence Cossins still canon? I ask because the only one that I see as contradicted (possibly) by any in-game material is the idea that she was getting used to people addressing her by her name before the PC helped to complete her Y1 adventure.