Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

3. Will Pamela have a more proper picture in Y2 as opposed to a generic ghostly image? I want to know what she really looks like! Can I ask about a description of her general physical characteristics when you can make them out on a good day?

3. Yes.

Will there be a story behind this like what happened in year 1 and the bound made her more real?

4. Recharging is legal, but paying someone else to recharge a Gates artifact - or conducting any non-monetary exchange for the service - is illegal.

I see so its more like: I wish to buy this potion / scroll from you and it would be nice if you could charge my Gate Staff as well … can you name me the price for the scroll / potion?

@Legate of Mineta: Speaking of Pamela and Gates, 4 questions:

1. Have there been romantic relationships between humans and ghosts (not that I am saying that such needs to be an option with Pamela)?

2. Would such a relationship be legal?

3. Have Gates Mages ever transferred ghosts into physical bodies?

4. Would researching whether Gates Mages ever transferred ghosts into physical bodies be legal?

Finally, does your answering these questions delay the release of Y2?

We have had this discussion on binding spirits before. For some reason Schwarzbart, you seem very fixated on Mastery being used in the binding but the legate has already confirmed that isn't so. For 'Taming' you can use Mastery but that also isn't required. Rhialto's understanding is essentially correct.

• Like 1

@Legate of Mineta: Writing after several days spent wrangling with numerous passwords as I adjust to my new computer, I must ask:

1. Are passwords regularly used as parts of magical wards?

2. Has there been research into magical ways (short of mastery) to identify passwords by using, for example, astrology and glamour?

How effective can you be in getting passwords to wards that way?  and are countermeasures available? Say if I had a 2 password system, and if they only knew the first, it would let them in, but not out?

2) In countering magic is it enough to make 1 pheme not to work or act different and is such a thing possible?

3) Can Revision counter magic by altering how pheme from a spell work? (making a pheme to not working sound clearly like Negation and altering sound like Revision to me) 

Lets put this in an example a closed door is protected by negation magic that make a pheme in common unlock spells not work on it while the revision protection alter i.e. a unlock Pheme into a reinforce one (not sure if this pheme exist but it's just as example) 

20 hours ago, Metis said:

Didn't the event with Grit's Fang have something like that? I recall there being an investigation option about using either Revision or Negation is favor of the other, because of some trick that was set up with the magical lock?

Yes but it just general say that because the protection or lock is Negation based Revision works better.

1) At what year is it planed that we are learning revision based counter magic?

1. Ignoring the case of the player who must go along certain rails, I'd like to ask if there was a case or two of exceptional students getting enough attention to warrant this kind of singular training recently, and what did they do to get it?

I'll ask. :)

2. In the case(s) where a student received this training, can you tell us what kind of conditions that were needed to be agreed to in order to receive it? Since you said from your description that they were being groomed to be a part of the Imperial Court, it would seem that there would be a lot of expectations placed on the child in question...

Same.

These are 2 questions that got lost in the shuffle last time.

Aaaaand:

The last formally acknowledged case was all the way back in 1602, with the arrival of Raoult de Thiomenes, and he was a special case for all kinds of reasons.  He was the second-born child of the Duc de Thiomenes, and he had been groomed from his earliest years (though note that he was unquestionably a prodigy) to one day be the Governor of the Academagia (the office of Legate of Mineta originally having an unrelated, but sometimes overlapping, set of duties).  The Duchy at the time was probably the single greatest concentration of magical scholarship (and raw power) in the north, and Raoult had been trained by a fairly terrifying coterie known as the Circle of Eight and One, which had sent him to the school with formal attestations of his skills and invitations for the Regent of each College to set him a challenge, true to their Pillar, to overcome.

This was basically putting a target on the kid's back, of course: a number of the Regents of the day didn't want to be instrumental in building the legend of the glorious de Thiomenes line.  He succeeded at the tests all the same, and was allowed to study as the only member of what was called the College of the Optiones, under the tutelage of the Legate of the Academagia directly rather than to any single Regent - but by his third year members of Aranaz had skillfully maneuvered him into a feud with the Sphinx, and he found himself cursed to leave Mineta and never to return.

There have have been other students with equally prodigious skills in the years since, but running the official gauntlet of the Regents just seemed inadvisable thereafter.

Wait. The sphinx can curse humans (noble humans with powerful magical and political connections, at that) without being killed as a monster/menace to humanity. How is that possible? are there religious taboos/traditions about the sacredness of the sphinx? Is the sphinx sacrosanct as the last reasonably friendly entity to remember imperial power? Or are there clear laws outlining when the sphinx may curse people?

I thought that name was familiar...

A relative of Durand? It is spelled a little differently... Is that a typo or a different name? If it is the same, I guess that would explain why he has knowledge of all sorts of obscure magics, even if he is only so-so at casting. Is this fairly well known in the present day? Would Durand comment on it if he was asked?

Another question that probably should be asked, is about how many students at the Academagia have multiple members of their family that attended the school? Would it be easier to list the students who were the first in their family to attend?