Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

23 minutes ago, Rhialto said:

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Are there any flying crafts (aside from extremely magical devices such as broom-sticks, carpets, etc.) capable of being operated by only one person? Enchantment of mechanisms to allow one person to control an airship would count.

2. Is branding used as a punishment for certain criminals?

3. Has Godina College ever tried to merge the Contu school into it?

I suspect a cloudwood coach pulled by Pegasus should exist in this setting and 1 person should be able to operate it. Also balloon pulled by winged animal should fit.

Well, since we still haven't gotten the answers to the big block of questions, I'll add some more and delay it further! HAHAHAHA!!!!

1. How common are the pointy hats that we traditionally associate with wizards and witches?

2. In this era, does champagne exist and if so, what would it be called? (Also can it be stored safely?)

3.  Can Gate's chaos factor be invoked at will? Naturally one would have no control over what happens with the spell after invoking it, and I doubt many would be willing to risk the side effects, but I would imagine some might try to do so for the sake of trying to figure out how to remove it from the equation all together.

4. Are there any girls who are known to dye their hair at the Academagia? Magically or otherwise.

5. Who are the All-Academagia Rimbal team's biggest rivals?

6. Does Girars have a problem dairy foods or with magically created meat? It seems from his description that his big issue is with the moral dilemma of actually killing animals.

7. Who is the pickiest eater of the students of the Academagia?

Free;

1) Not too common in Renaglia, but not unknown in the City.

2) No, but there are a few sparkling wines which, although rare, are known.

3) No...that's part of the Chaos itself. :)

4) Known to? In the upper classes, certainly. In Y1...well...you'd have to find out...

5) I will ask.

6) You'd have to ask him.

7) Mmm, a few possible candidates. But the pickiest? I'll ask. :)

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Are all religions practised by humans but not official in the Empire of Man assumed to be controlled by or derived from dragons?

2. Is it legal for practitioners of religions that are not official in the Empire of Man to discuss their religions with followers of the Empire of Man's State Religion, or is this seen as illegal proselytization when not done in ways that denigrate religions that are not official in the Empire of Man?

3. Are all orphanages in Mineta religious institutions?

4. How common are flying vehicle pulled by flying beasts?

5. Are flying beast used to pull and push ships to the harbor / docks and if so what beast are used for this? (I ask because at the age of sails it was usual rowboats used for this but I can't see how rowboats could work without magic)

6. how far is the development of bicycle? 

7. How long are muscle-powered-propeller for airships in use?

Rhi;

1. Are all religions practised by humans but not official in the Empire of Man assumed to be controlled by or derived from dragons?

Not necessarily- the worship of the Old Gods is not Draconic, but may be subverted by them, and in any case is heretical at worst and misguided at best.

2. Is it legal for practitioners of religions that are not official in the Empire of Man to discuss their religions with followers of the Empire of Man's State Religion, or is this seen as illegal proselytization when not done in ways that denigrate religions that are not official in the Empire of Man?

If under the auspices of the Imperial Temple, it is acceptable- they tend to have these kinds of discussions out of the public eye, however.

3. Are all orphanages in Mineta religious institutions?

All are, unless you count the Thieves' Guild? :)

S;

4. How common are flying vehicle pulled by flying beasts?

In the Upper City, they are uncommon. Elsewhere, fairly rare.

5. Are flying beast used to pull and push ships to the harbor / docks and if so what beast are used for this? (I ask because at the age of sails it was usual rowboats used for this but I can't see how rowboats could work without magic)

Usually they use lines brought to the ship by small Volnauge coracles, a tough process when the winds don't cooperate. If animals are available, that would be preferred.

6. how far is the development of bicycle?

There isn't anything quite like it- but the industries of Ruckmarn have many, many wheels and gears, so...;)

7. How long are muscle-powered-propeller for airships in use?

Often used, for instance at the docks. But rarer elsewhere, because wind is much more powerful and efficient.

1) What is the main burn material used for the steam engines? Wood, charcoal, alcohol, peat or something else? (I recently saw a documentation that told that at the start of the industrial revolution spiritus from potato was used in Europe)

2) Are there rules/laws who can dig for resources and what have to be done with the hole / tunnel once the extraction is done? (I suspect resources that we dig out from the ground, like ore, are way more limited in the Academagica setting compared to the earth)

Thanks, now I understand why the industrial revolution can only go hand in hand with the lost of the old rulers as otherwise there would never enough coal to fire it. (Means also the nation going this path can't sustain the need for coal over a long time and shortage in coal will be a reason for war sooner or later.) If some sort of fuel from plants would fire the industrial revolution it might be a bit slower but a big breakthrough in magical assisting the farms could be enough for starting it.

Schwarzbart. Don't forget that the phenomenon that drives the wellsprings also seems to replenish coal right at the seams. While I can agree that there probably won't be a huge amount of cheap coal to go around, I also don't think that there will ever be a critical shortage of the stuff that you are foreseeing.

3 hours ago, freespace2dotcom said:

Schwarzbart. Don't forget that the phenomenon that drives the wellsprings also seems to replenish coal right at the seams. While I can agree that there probably won't be a huge amount of cheap coal to go around, I also don't think that there will ever be a critical shortage of the stuff that you are foreseeing.

And here I thought only things that are falling down from the isles are reformed in the wellsprings.

1) Are the wellspring really replenish material that was burned and so changed to smoke and ash?

2) If burned material really surface in the wellsprings then what about ore and other materials that is changed trough alchemy and / or chemistry processes?

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Are there wards to protect people from having astrological spells cast upon them? Are such wards very advanced? I would think that they would be, since astrology, more than other pillar of magic, is tied to nature.

2. Since Cyve is recognized as a planet, has there been astrological effort to use Cyve as the basis for magic, just like comets, stars, and pother planets are used?

3. Have any students tried to use astrology to figure out answers to exams? Are such uses of astrology warded against?