Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

@Legate of Mineta: 1. I know that you have said that all religions outside the Empire of Man worship dragons, and that any scholar publishing otherwise within the Empire of Man would be violating canon law. I resume, therefore, that whether it is true that all religions outside the Empire of Man worship dragons is [redacted]. Is this correct?

2. Would the existence of a cult dedicated to pacifying a local dragon through religious rites and bribes even as it would practice more important religious traditions not based upon dragon veneration/pacification count as dragon worship under the canon law of the Empire of Man?

3. Would the existence of a cult dedicated to teachings claimed to have been written by humans for and about humans but guarded by dragons for centuries before being recovered by a human count as dragon worship under the canon law of the Empire of Man, perhaps because there would be an assumption that the dragon created the teachings to mislead humans?

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Do law courts have anti-lying wards ?

2. When mastery was legal, was it permitted to use mind-reading in law courts?

3. are contingency fee agreements known and permitted to lawyers?

4. Could one use glamour magic to make a person with visual impairment have normal vision, even if only temporarily?

@Legate of Mineta

so legate, I saw that attributes will be reduced in usefulness for year 2 

1. would u say a 20 in an attribute would be really powerful though?

i saved scummed the hell out of my final pc for year 2 and got fitness to 10 and charm to 9 in mid year just right before mid exams

Just wondering if raising a attributes beyond 10 is worth it for y2 or if it’s going to be a waste of time and 10 is good enough

1) Just wondering what attribute and skill level combination is considered apprentice, journeyman and master for jobs like jeweler? (i.e. I suspect Finesse 10 Jeweler 10 is still apprentice but 20 -20 might be already at the border to journeyman while Fin 30- Jew 50 could be a fresh master)

I think I asked a similar question in the past but not remember if I got an answer

@Legate of Mineta

Alright, I just finished watching full metal alchemist and this got me wondering

1. Could I embed runes on to my self or items to do shit like transmute the ground into weapons and shit

2. could i enchant runes on my self to do some of the things they do in FMA like transmute spikes and throw them at my enemy? Conjure fire and shit with runes? With no wand of course 

if you haven’t watched FMA just search for a couple fight scenes on YouTube and they do that with runes and stuff k

edit: if you can’t do that with pure enchantment magic mixed with other then how about manipulation of evoirment with runes

1. Transmutations like that would be the realm of Revision. Just don't let the professors catch you tearing up the floor. ;)

2. Certainly. Doing it on a reactionary basis would be another matter, though. A lot of preparatory work to do that.

I've seen the 2nd animated FMA show, which was accurate to the original manga as I recall. And yes, I meant being able to use it fast enough to be useful at a moment's notice in a fight.

Oh, and for the record, anything resembling human transmutation would almost assuredly fall under Gates magic. Nasty stuff, that.

@freespace2dotcom

Wait a minite

human transmutation falls under gates? 

How come? Wouldn't it fall under revision though

or are u talking about things in the searies of FMA like the philosophy stone and humanculus

i mean I get some homunculus fall under gate since they technically are monsters but couldn't like king Bradley fall under revision because he is a modified human

wouldn't the philosopher stone fall under revision and enchantment to make?

revision is about changing something into something else and gate is teleporting, traveling to dimensions, and monster creation right? Or am I missing something about how the magic works?

Although I don't know the series, human transmutation is Revision as long it not touch the spirit or mind. But when it comes to bring back the dead or create live where non was before then you need the forbidden magics. I even can see the thematic trade one live for a other in Academagia as well, like we have the story that one of the former Legate of Academagia aged the students slightly to keep young till she messed up the spell.

We also have the thematic make gold in a year 1 adventure already but this gold is not permanent! The world always want to bring back the changes you made as a mage to the status it should be, unless you manage to change the ideal (or how it is called)! That's why staying alive also will get more and more difficult the longer you already have extended your live thanks to magic. Healing magic in return is quite simple as it just means you change to status to something that should be anyways, at last if you didn't wait to long after the wound happened.

Buuuutttt Gate magic also contain the creation of new species as we learned in an adventure but I suspect its more like this species already exist in one of the many dimensions and you just call it.

Huh, well thanks for clearing things up m8 

on another note I got more questions...........

1. Who do you think would be able to be convinced to join college Aranz in the future? How about lambert or Malthazar, or everine, I found them interesting but them being in different colleges may cause me problems in the future so........ Just wanted to know your opinions on the guys, he'll how about Miya 

2. Who do you think will learn illegal magic in y2? Just wanna know this because it would be nice to have another gate buddy to help me around, I already know lambert and his........ Hobies to say, but how about Antonio, Malthazar, Everine wanting to create his cartoon characters and thus uses gate to create his drawings. Again just wanted your guys opinions

3. I heard teaching is possible in this game to other students, if you can teach illegal magic to students in your clique, would it affect y2 and stuff like that.

I can imagine Everine spending all summer trying to make his drawings come to life with gates monster creation but fails and ask us to help him create it as an adventure for y2 since we taught him gates in y1. You know what, that's a great idea, someone make an adventure about that when y2 releases, legate pls send my idea to the team. Although how realistic do you guys think this is for Everine?