Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1) Combat mages need a way to prevent friendly fire! Is this one of the mentioned differences between the teaching of Contu's School and Academagia at what class the necessary skills/ability/ spells are learned? I suspect for Contu's school its part of their regular Incantation training of a later year while for Academagia it is a follow up for a side class like Geometry or a possible Enspell class.

Schwarzbart;

There is a regular technique used, a 'key', which is shared among like mages, which prevents damage to warded or marked areas- this is how 'friendly fire' is most often avoided. There are other ways, but this is often the simplest. Note that guarding such keys is critical, and at least once in history a battle has been decided by the theft/scrying of one.

Edit: The Key is usually a pattern of extraneous phemes associated with a ward or a marked area.

1) It sound like creating a new key is quite time expensive and need a specialized skill set. Do Pirate and Mercenary teams have the ability to create their own key?

2) How are the key handled in longer warfare with mercenary on both side? Given that mercenary might change their employer during the time of a war wouldn't it problematic to change the key each time a mercenary team leave the employment?

3) Is Contu's school teaching how to create such a Key? 

4) Given the anti battle orientation of Academagia at moment is the creation of such a key still be thought and if so at what College?

Schwarzbart;

1) It's pretty simple to do (but it does make Spells marginally more complicated- not a problem if you are capable of casting larger battlefield effecting magics, of course)- in small groups, most wards are placed on people, so that Spell effects 'wash' over them. Sometimes wards are placed on temporary enchantments, such as armor.

2) Keys are routinely changed- generally by the day. If mercenaries are used, they are warded, but not usually given the key.

3) Yes.

4) Yes, and you'll learn it from Godina, and likely all the others, too.

I so I’m almost done my last god pc but I have a problem, I’ve been getting first place in all Kaliri test except history( Aymeri beat me by one point......... 124 he got and I 123........) i was going to boost my zoology with Phemes but found in the wiki to increase zoology

any of u guys got any knowledge on how to increase zoology?

@Raydestroyer: Are you using favors from professors to increase skill maximums or get extra credit? The easier way to increase zoology maximum is to get one's Natural Philosophy skill to 4, for a permanent passive bonus.

@Legate of Mineta: 1. why are goblins traditionally not classified as feys? They had a kingdom, and are associated with illusion magic.

2. Has a goblin ever studied at the Academagia?

alright, im pretty sure  answered this question before but i'm gonna ask because I forgot

1. relations with our teachers and reagents will decay just like students right? will this count also over the summer?

2.will their be  difference if I befriend someone in y1 instead of y2? or can I befriend them in y2 and things will all be fine and dandy

edit: 3. I ordered items through catalog on the last week but it will arrive in 5 - 10 days but haven't received yet, I'm pretty sure my main background is gates parents so will I receive my items from the catalog randomly when I'm going to meet my parents even though it makes no real sense if I'm going somewhere else not in mineta?

4. I have a lot of items I want to keep but can't take with me because it makes me exceed my concealibilty max, is their a way to leave items in mineta safely upun return?

5. can I buy a library to leave all my books in before I leave for summer? so many books............

On 4/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, Rhialto said:

6. why are goblins traditionally not classified as feys? They had a kingdom, and are associated with illusion magic.

7 Has a goblin ever studied at the Academagia?

8. Given the ability of gate magic to create new live and the ability of Revision to change existing live was / is there a culture of growing symbionts that enhance humans? (Should be quite profitable if the symbiont only live for 1-2 years and are useful for combatants)

Ray;

1) Yes.

2) You can Befriend in Y2.

3) No, Catalog Orders won't find their way to your Parents' home- although I suppose you could have written their address, that's not how it is mechanically. :)

4) You can leave Items at any Location...

5) No, not in the Y2 sense.

6) I'll see how the Team wants to phrase this answer. :)

7) I'll ask.

😎 Hmmm, not in the sense that you are asking, although golems (as you know) did exist.

2. are there people / fey / creatures that prefer to use living plants / animals to make their items instead of dead / killed ones?

3. Are there "golem" made out of still alive plants / animals i.e. to get around the mastery ban?

4. Are magical modified animals used to replace the lost workforce / combat potential golem had?

5. is there a well known fugitive who use undead? (Maybe even a pirate with an undead ship crew)

6. Are items made out still living plants or animals known / traded in Mineta?

7. Are there laws against creating items from something still alive?

1. During y2 will students be able to join clubs or make clubs? I can imagine prudence making a club in y2 after doing her adventure

2. Could we the player create our own club or is that a feature for future years? Looking at malcestra final lore, it seems he knows a bit about your ambitions and is willing to follows where ever you go ever since he did his fortune telling thing.