Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Supposing that you are casting a spell, and currently you are inscribing phemes on the palette - and a deadly musmus fly (yeees deadly!) is buzzing in your ear and you really need to get it out so you swat the ear with your hand - the one holding the wand. Oh oh!!!

But what happens? The spell fizzled, nothing you can resume work once the deadly deadly fly is out of your ear, generally a vastly unstable spell that will knock the whole room down, generally an unstable spell but it MIGHT just work, something else?

Considering we are a school of mages I'd like to know if I should flee if I see a fly buzzing in class!

I shall let the fact that my question was poorly phrased slide and instead head a new direction!

Does blood hold any significance in magical terms?

Blood usually seems to hold magical properties, perhaps relating to the religious baseline of micro-cosmos-macro-cosmos...

In games as well, though slightly altered at times (*cough* dragon age *cough*)..

Anywho, just curious. Also, I shall bring this question up a last time:

Do we switch rooms at the begining of the new year? (The idea of 5 years with candy smell isn't at all a pretty one)

As 5th years leave new rooms are opened up, I figured we might swtich into the second-years' rooms once we begin again :) (One can hope right ;))

More a question to anyone who recall, did we have a minotaur working at our forge (or somewhere else?), or did I imagine that?

I can't remember and I had this amusing idea for an event, but sadly it isn't as funny if we already got a minotaur population on campus.

Adrian;

No; the nearest place to hunt would be outside of the city, in the mountains of Giardo or the forests of Porziana. Both of these places are over 50 miles away, though.

That said, there is some hunting in the city (for rats), and occasionally nobles will organize 'hunts' on their estates. And, of course, there is the Imperial Reserve, if you don't mind your hunting carrying the penalty of death...:)

So sewer rats (and/or whatever dwells down there), or mingling with the nobles enough to be invited, or join a pirate ship for a lift to the Porziana forests... humm! Of cause, noble's hunting is likely the "hunting" we see done on pheasants, which has to be the lames, tamest and saddest display of human hunter instincts... *cough* anywho! Thanks for the reply :)

I'll be getting some new boots and spare robes for some good old fashion sewer hunting!

In the Aranaz adventure (the old one that shipped with the main game), your character is given an opportunity to join the student council.

How does that work? One member from each collage for each year or two members, or even more (I suppose 2+ would make the most sense, so non-Aranaz students could also join)? Are their titles such as President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, Grunt, etc, etc? Are those titles for each year, or do only the fifth years get 'em?

(...Some of these may be answered if I just played the Aranaz adventure again, I bet...)

I need as much information on both the Auncish and the Strozzan people as I can get: typical food, looks, customs, manners, language use, naming patterns... are there any lores/research in the game that I should specifically look to?

Mikka;

No Comment on the Student Council, but it will figure into Year 2.

I'm not sure on the specific Lores, but there are several that deal with these two. I know that the Auncish have an Adventure coming up in DLC 10, and wasn't there one for them in DLC 9 as well?

In simple comparisons to real-world Europe, the Auncish are the English and the Strozzan are the people of southern Italy/Sicily.

In simple comparisons to real-world Europe, the Auncish are the English and the Strozzan are the people of southern Italy/Sicily.

Ooo. Do any of the other areas map to real-world locations (well, fantasy and imagined real world areas)? I know there was once that had a definite French (or perhaps Flemish) feel, at least in adventures...

Legate: That just leaves Staadan, then. Anywhere that it corresponds to?

Sort of going back to the original reason I asked the question: is there a place that corresponds to Spain, specifically, or would perhaps Strozzan cover it well enough? Considering how much South Italy was influenced by Spain in its formative years, I guess for a fantasy country it would fit well enough...

Around what time each day do classes start and end? Is each class around an hour, or less or more?

Ooo. That's actually perfect for my uses. Monteon and Medinei, then. Are there any languages spoken commonly in Medinei (and I suppose by the remainders of Monteon) besides Elumian?

Also, are there any other common languages spoken in the world our besides the five our characters can learn? Er, that's probably a silly question- I'm sure the answer is probably yes, as it's a big world out there. I'm specifically wondering about the far south, in the Pashates and beyond.

(And what's Mhadi's native language?)

There should really be an Elumia topic that collects all the information about the various different countries that we've learned through game and forums. Nyaa's has some, but focuses on the specific stuff important to the characters. Hm...

Mikka;

The language of Medinei is 'Fiandeiran', and Monteon's language was 'Terata'. The latter is mostly lost, though, and the modern-day remnants of Monteon speak 'Canta'.

Mhadi speaks Alesfan, the language of Alesfa.

There are many, many languages even in Elumia- Cassatta speaks a different language, as do the people of Sommeil. The same is true of Schus and Azern, and the list goes on and on, especially if you start including the off-map lands. :)

There should really be an Elumia topic that collects all the information about the various different countries that we've learned through game and forums. Nyaa's has some, but focuses on the specific stuff important to the characters. Hm...

They should be in World Lore section and there isn't much questions about world culture/geography.

Edit: I also skipped 2 very short questions concerning land boundaries since land ownership might change overtime and I'd rather someone color code a map (for each year) of it instead.