Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I cannot, no. But I'll ping the Team. :)

Edit;

And here you go!

Dawn Ferrets originally got their name because of their coloration - their coats can be golden brown to striking orange to pale blond, while their noses tend to be bright pink. That said, around the tenth century, astrologers in Vittoria decided to play up the association and to see if a magical affinity for the sun could be bred into a line of the creatures - a trait that would become even more pronounced in Familiars, of course, to the benefit of their wizards.

The results were mixed, and faded across hundreds of generations, but to this day Dawn Ferrets are naturally diurnal in a way that most of their cousins aren't, and they seem to require much less sleep overall.

To put it another way, most ferrets sleep maybe 18 hours a day, and don't much care if it's day or night. Dawn Ferrets, in contrast, are very active, even manic, from sunrise to sunset - and then they like to burrow down somewhere safe and not move until the light comes back.

Aww, cute. And perfect for what I need. Thanks to you and the team!

If a duel is scheduled for the morning or afternoon of an exam, will the student be allowed to repeat the exam the next day as if they were sick?

It just came to me, because I think I set Miya to duel in the afternoon, and I was thinking about Cat dueling in the morning, then I thought, 'oh shoot, is that going to disrupt people's exams'? Because I think people would be mad if their exams got interrupted. As long as exams take priority, though, that's all fine and dandy. :)

So, if You were to get into a duel with a master Negater like Briardi, how would you go about that? Would your best chance be to use exotic spells that have unusual phemes so that said negater would be have to spend more time and energy figuring out your attacks or use brute force general defense spells?

And how much time do wizards spend preparing for duels? Not students perse, but actual wizards with their reputations on the line.

Will we see classes dedicated to the dueling arts?

Well, in Real life, with duels being serious business, there often were tutors in such things. Usually, I think the idea was to look over what the opponent's tendencies were and exploiting a fatal weakness, and Training on that moment over and over again until it became reflex. Would there be such tutors for dueling, even if there wasn't a formal class for it?

Another thing. Since compasses are of limited use, exactly how does one find the location of a given location? By this, I mean... Are buildings/cities built with respect to the cardinal directions? Or do the islands rotate? (even if just a bit it would make something like due north quite difficult to follow as "north" would contstantly change in relation to you.)

Also, Given that the islands move around Cyve, do they have any maps of the surface world as observed in modern times? How many continents are there?

I remember you telling us that some cities are observable, and that from their looks that magic had likely influenced the design. (thus, if correct.. magic still exists on the surface) Can you elaborate on how that was/can be determined?

Well, do the people on the islands have cranes for construction? Those go back quite a ways in real life so unless people in elumia would rather just let "a wizard do it" I think it should be plausible for them to exist in setting.