Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I'm a cat person, but I like the fact that a (human) ghost is also an option, despite the problems that she brings. :)

We're getting a rock, too! ;) Why would you need anything else besides those?

Legate, even if penguins probably don't exist in Elumia itself, would they be known, and would it be possible to determine with a spell if they definatively did or did not exist?

(Oh, and Mikka, your "recording" is is simply a carefully created forgery once one carefully examines the phemes behind it! I'm only happy to allow you to incriminate yourself! Really, I don't do anything but respond to hostile actions toward myself, [or possible innocent actions that have negative influence!] so...)

I had nothing to do with any recordings, but if I am to be blamed, I will... I will create a character to be the scapegoat and set the fall on them.

I'll do it. I'll totally do it.

Legate, could you throw me the name of a high-class vineyard? Someone needs to brag about wine for something.

Mikka;

For your question:

"The most venerable - indeed, dating back to the time of the New Gods - is La Vigna del Cento, the Vinyard of the Hundred, run and managed all this time by a religious order.

That said, heretical though it may be, these days most enthusiasts of Elumian Red Wines actually prefer the stuff grown at the Podere Marino (which, scandalously, uses techniques pioneered in a certain island to the north that shall remain nameless)."

Why the whine? Bigger words (since I wear glasses) and bigger profile pictures (Now I can see that pimple on your forehead freespace!)

The only unfortunate thing is the Legate (and some others) changing his (their) profile picture into a ghostly familiar. :)

Also our signatures have been messed with.

So apparently Captain Rufus Felix Northbridge is the Legate, Nyaa has turned into a dog, 89157z is code for faux-dragon and CremePudding has turned into a woman.

The new forum layout sure is beautiful. :)

Questions! For the new cat.

1) Does a Batman expy exists? Would be great if we manage to maximize the necessary skills to be one.

2) What are witches to the Academy?

3) What is the worse thing the oldest Marchant (I forgot his name!) could do to you?

4) Where Professor Pachait from? And how long has he had an accent?

5) On average, how many students are in one college? Would you say an average of 50 in each?

6) How rare are griffins (griffons, gryphon)? Does the school also have hippogriffs?

And since I've pledge to Holdfast, 7) What is the relationship between dwarves and humans? Are they working anywhere in the city?

And since I've pledge to Holdfast, 7) What is the relationship between dwarves and humans? Are they working anywhere in the city?

You really should ask that one in the Holdfast section. Also, hurrah for faux dragons.

Leoshi;

Haha! The real question is...am I answering these with the knowledge of Captain Northbridge? :)

1) Does a Batman expy exists? Would be great if we manage to maximize the necessary skills to be one.

No, but...it should. :)

2) What are witches to the Academy?

Undereducated magic users. To be looked down upon.

3) What is the worse thing the oldest Marchant (I forgot his name!) could do to you?

[Redacted], of course!

4) Where Professor Pachait from? And how long has he had an accent?

I'm not entirely sure, Meril, I think. I guess he's had his accent all his life. :)

5) On average, how many students are in one college? Would you say an average of 50 in each?

As a rough guess, that's about right.

6) How rare are griffins (griffons, gryphon)? Does the school also have hippogriffs?

Fairly rare, and it does, yes.

There are some human barbarians in the northern caverns and tunnels, but apart from trade, you'd rarely come across one. There are always a few itinerant adventurers from the human lands passing through, but almost no residents.

I'm tempted to change my avatar also just because!

Given that Aranaz's specialty has been folded into other pillars, and that many hard battles over its existance have been fought, I am curious on a few points.

1. Just how long ago was the reworking of Orthography in the curriculum?

2. Just how obscure and forgotten is Orthography in public knowledge, as the endgame reference to it implies?

You answer confidently that orthography is the field with the most potential.

"Orthography?" [Character]Character/Random (Default) asks. "What's that?"

3. Aside from the Player Character, what kind of people would choose Aranaz as their college? Is it strictly because of legacy? (kids whose parents were Aranaz, and so on?) or is there a lot of "new blood"?

4. Since according to the school, Orthography is merely a subset of Glamour and Enchantment, doesn't that imply that if you have some skill already in those areas you should be a little better than you would be otherwise?

5. Related to 4, As I am attempting to be an omnidisciplinarianist (ah I do love prefixes and suffixes!) I already have skill in both Glamour and Enchantment. If one or both of those classes were considered important for Aranaz would I be able to "competency" out of having to take them? This of course applies to all the college required courses if applicable!

4. Since according to the school, Orthography is merely a subset of Glamour and Enchantment, doesn't that imply that if you have some skill already in those areas you should be a little better than you would be otherwise?

Ooh! I can answer this! I can answer this! Did you see where I called Astrology "merely a subset of glamour and incantation" in the unethical astrology post? I think orthography suffered that fate. It's now considered to be primarily a kind of Enchantment rather than a field of magic which stands on its own. Nevertheless, enchanters and calligraphers have very different skill sets, and orthography draws from the calligraphic skillset rather than the enchantment one.

Well, I kinda already knew a good chunk of that... I was more or less asking specifically if any bonuses might apply for having related knowledge on the subject that might not be directly applicable.

Example: just because Soccer and hockey are very different sports doesn't mean that they don't have a few similar concepts. Surely an insight into one field should have some use in the other.