Black Chicken Studios Forums
Adrian

A few in game questions

While my favourite college is Aranaz I also like Morvidus a lot, and to lesser degrees Avila and Vernin. Interestingly my Aphrael Dreamweaver currently has 3 Mordivus students with -5 or worse relations, so I guess there is more rivalry with them than the traditional Aranaz vs Durand (I don't even have negative relations with any of the Durands). I suppose that'll change in the following years.

I've a few more questions:

About familiars, the bond skill poems are awesome. I read half the familiar skill level applies to help in adventures, but does it apply in all situations, anything? Like events? Only thing it doesn't apply to is the exams?

I just noticed that getting planning to 2 gave my familiar 1 insight and 1 intelligence, this is intended yes? It seems I can get my familiar's stats quite high that way.

I think I remember reading there was some sort of limit on glory with 10 points, is that true? I'm not just talking whether there are further effects, I mean will the game forget about any further increases like it does with other maximized skills (not that glory is a skill really)?

That's interesting, though not too surprising since for me the Morvidus student tend to not like me either. I'm pretty sure they're more influenced by the -1 background choices dealing with penalties to relationships.

So long as it isn't Philippe or Joanna at -5 right in the beginning I can manage. I'm very defenseless in the beginning.

Well in my case it was caused by starting at -5 with Girars (quite fitting personality for the trait description too) and then being confrontational with Philippe and Joanna (in events/adventure) which caused them to bully me (which made me raise my bullying skills myself, so who knows, I might be the new bully at school). I might end at bad relations with Vettor as well. Overall I'm at bad relations with anyone who tries to mess with me, I'm being rather confrontational. :)

I picked the heroic family background with only 1 starting fitness so my stress maximum was 0, I actually restarted as Phillipe bullied me on day 3 and I didn't see any way for that to turn out well. Girars has been pretty complacent though, not that I'll ever forgive him for humiliating me before game start however!

Dream;

Yes, you can boost your Familiar stats pretty high, if you work at it! The Familiar Bonus works for Adventures and Events, as I recall. I think it may also apply to your Actions.

Glory isn't capped, but it's contribution dramatically diminishes.

No!

The best fighting song is still Fighting from FF7!

Questions!

I found the shout out to Academagia in your Holdfast update. So is this a hint that the Academagia universe is connected to the Holdfast universe? Or is it another world we can travel to via Gates?

Oh no no no Schwarzbart. YOU write up an adventure using Gates magic first. Then I'll write the next one. ;)

Sorry folks, I'm too busy with my current writing commitments with Mr. Pebbles Y2 and the chocolate cake club (which I've decided will start in Y2) to fool around with more writing adventures.

Legate!

1. Do you think we should be using oil lamps or torches in the hallways? Don’t you think we should be using magelight instead? Less flammable you know?

2. I might have missed this but what is our school motto?

And now, questions from your own students. What? Don’t give me that look. They would have found you eventually!

1. Iustus: Huh? Oh er…

So about my lycanthropy. Are you sure there is nothing you can do about it? And do I really have to reveal to the entire school about it? Also can I change roommates? Herbert is nice and all but he is kind of a chatterbox. Er… thank you Legate.

2. Olivia: Ah! Legate, how delightful to meet you in person finally. Do you know where a student could get a good haircut? Not for me of course since my hair (and Amada’s) is perfect. I mean for all these other students here who have no sense of fashion.

3. Vettor: (Whisper) So umm… will I ever have a chance with Amada? Wait! There’s no need for detention right? I was just kidding!

4. Flippy Marchant: What’s so bad about detention wimp? All we do is just sit around reading or writing or listening to boring lectures from whoever is sitting in on that day. Incidentally, wedgie time!

5. Cyrus and Avgust: So if a certain character never came to our dorm, when are you going to authorise the renovation of our dorm?!

6. Sheary: Will there ever be a Teacher Appreciation Day?

7. Alan: Why is a gold coin only worth 57 pims? Shouldn’t it be more?

Okay! That is enough questions for now. Rui!

Rui: Epicus! Smokebombnicus! *Poof*

:)

Leoshi;

I see you brought the whole clique!

1. Do you think we should be using oil lamps or torches in the hallways? Don’t you think we should be using magelight instead? Less flammable you know?

Sure, but it's cheaper to use oil.

2. I might have missed this but what is our school motto?

And now, questions from your own students. What? Don’t give me that look. They would have found you eventually!

1. Iustus: Huh? Oh er…

Spoiler

No. Probably. Definitely not.

2. Olivia: Ah! Legate, how delightful to meet you in person finally. Do you know where a student could get a good haircut? Not for me of course since my hair (and Amada’s) is perfect. I mean for all these other students here who have no sense of fashion.

The Maditalefa Salon is probably in your price range,

3. Vettor: (Whisper) So umm… will I ever have a chance with Amada? Wait! There’s no need for detention right? I was just kidding!

*Frowns and peers*

4. Flippy Marchant: What’s so bad about detention wimp? All we do is just sit around reading or writing or listening to boring lectures from whoever is sitting in on that day. Incidentally, wedgie time!

*notes down to reintroduce punishment sessions*

5. Cyrus and Avgust: So if a certain character never came to our dorm, when are you going to authorise the renovation of our dorm?!

That's not up to me, but your Regent.

6. Sheary: Will there ever be a Teacher Appreciation Day?

Sheary, you are such an excellent student. A real model for others. We'll put you in charge of the parades.

7. Alan: Why is a gold coin only worth 57 pims? Shouldn’t it be more?

Yes. :)

I didn't bring a clique! I brought a tour group. :D

Also, I just remembered the school motto over the big gate. *Smacks self* Sorry, Oan.

1. Oil? I thought this was a school for mages?!

2. I can't find it in the mod tools!

4. Seriously though, Someone like Flippy wouldn't feel too bad about sitting at a desk as punishment. Does that mean punishment is expanded in Y2?

And for, 7, keep in mind in the old days there was a genuine $1 gold coin, which was very, very small, but was exchangible with 100 copper pennies. (NOT copper stamped zinc like today). If a pim is the size of a pre decimal british penny, (much larger than us penny) then I could see 57 being worth a small gold coin.

No. Probably. Definitely not.

Is that out of safety concerns or general apathy? I hope it is one of these two, because the alternatives are honestly terrifying.

My turn! :P

1.How will people react if someone talks about "eating Dragon Eyes" leisurely? (no context)

2.Is it possible that someone might manage to Gate a sun/moon/star/meteor? Will that disrupt whatever Astrology grand-destiny-map-mumbo-jumbo? Will it be already determined beforehand?

3.School security - I remember seeing a burglar in the modtools. He never made it in, but still, how likely is a burglar to get in - with or without magic?