Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

CP;

1.How will people react if someone talks about "eating Dragon Eyes" leisurely? (no context)

They would probably feel that you are making some kind of a joke in bad taste.

2.Is it possible that someone might manage to Gate a sun/moon/star/meteor? Will that disrupt whatever Astrology grand-destiny-map-mumbo-jumbo? Will it be already determined beforehand?

Gates is local to whatever Gate you've made, so no one has tried it extra-terrestrially, so to speak. As to if it is already determined beforehand, you'll have to ask Neo and the Oracle about that. :)

3.School security - I remember seeing a burglar in the modtools. He never made it in, but still, how likely is a burglar to get in - with or without magic?

As Schwarzbart noted, if it is a teen, there is a chance. As an adult, you would need to be exceptionally magically skilled to have a similar chance.

I know it's a rather specific question, but the item "Pigments of the Airy Void" (sold by that shop Aranaz students get access to, "The Wand and Brush") are quite powerful and also illegal for some reason. Anyone know why they are illegal, perhaps something about how they are obtained?

And what do they look like, a small purse of tiny rocks or some such?

Dreamweaver;

Here's your answer:

"They're illegal because they're precipitates from Gates between the mundane world and certain other planes of existence; they literally dribble out and crystalize.

When dry, they have consistency rather like salt, but they're of colors beyond human understanding; it's uncomfortable to look at them."

Hi all,

This is a pretty er...embarrassing question. But I can't find the Cleanse and Remake spell. It says I know it but just where abouts is it exactly? It's a spell right? It should be where the spells are shouldn't it? ... maybe I didn't read something properly...

Cleanse & Remake is found in the spell section, yes (Actions-> Spells).

If you can't find it, check your Piety (Religion) level. If the base skill (without any boni) is below seven, you simply haven't learned it yet. If you do have Piety at seven and still can't find it, you either lack one of the necessary Phemes - Righteousness, Humility and Beseech (they unlock at Relgion-Ethics 1, Religion-Piety 4 and Religion-Prayer 5 respectively, which means you might be missing two if you just trained Piety)- or your game is bugged.

The easiest way to get C&R is to just train all your Religion skills simultaneously by visiting the Temple of Iuducia, btw.

Heya, new to the forums and just recently introduced to the wonderful splendiferous thing that is Academagia, and I had a few in-game questions for the Legate.

1) How do the major regions of Elumia, let's say Auncsey, Meril, Vilocia ( or just Staade), Renaglia, and the Strozzan Islands view each other, or what stereotypes they believe about the others? (fake!ex. All Vilocians are hosers to the Auncish)

2) Is there a fantasy Slavic equivalent somewhere? Because if there's a fantasy!Ukraine I will cry tears of joy and happiness.

3) What is Morvidus's attitude towards students who are into being artsy, considering the rivalry with Vernin? Would a kid in Morvidus that expressed an interest in art or architecture be mocked and bullied? Or is the hate for Vernin just for their opulence and snobbery?

4) Where are Prudence Cossins, Iustus Venture, Emilia Picotti, and Durand de Thiomenes from? I'm guessing Prudence is Auncish, but I'm not entirely sure about the rest.

5) I'm in love with Oan as a character (she'ssocooool), is she going to appear and have adventures with us in future years?

6) Where is Sae'on, and what culture is it's real world analogue? I don't see it on the map of Elumia, and I'm deeply curious about the bubble-volcano city. I've been operating from the impression it's either east or south-east of Elumia.

7) Have there been incidents where an Elumian defects to Dragon-controlled lands? If so, how many?

8) What are the grounds for charges of treason in Elumia? Does it differ from nation to nation, and/or is it possible to get branded as a traitor to Elumia as a whole?

...aaaannnnddd I think that's all for now. If the answer to any of my questions is in the in-game lore, could I get a nudge in the right direction to uncover it, please? I'm still flailing around trying to comprehend all the options and paths there are to take. @.@

Anima;

Welcome and here you are:

1) How do the major regions of Elumia, let's say Auncsey, Meril, Vilocia ( or just Staade), Renaglia, and the Strozzan Islands view each other, or what stereotypes they believe about the others? (fake!ex. All Vilocians are hosers to the Auncish)

While there isn't yet a firmly rooted sense of nationalism, customs are different enough that there are prejudices. You can read about some of these in the culture specific Skills, I believe. Auncesay provokes a lot of strong feelings in the people for Meril and Staade, for a variety of reasons.

2) Is there a fantasy Slavic equivalent somewhere? Because if there's a fantasy!Ukraine I will cry tears of joy and happiness.

There is, yes, but not a Ukrainian area specifically. That was left behind on Cyve during the Exile. I know Russia and Poland exist, and there's a Vlach area, too, although they aren't technically slavic.

3) What is Morvidus's attitude towards students who are into being artsy, considering the rivalry with Vernin? Would a kid in Morvidus that expressed an interest in art or architecture be mocked and bullied? Or is the hate for Vernin just for their opulence and snobbery?

Opulence and snobbery, primarily, but there might be some bullying just because of who is in there. :)

4) Where are Prudence Cossins, Iustus Venture, Emilia Picotti, and Durand de Thiomenes from? I'm guessing Prudence is Auncish, but I'm not entirely sure about the rest.

Prudence is from Auncesay, yes. Iustus is from Cassatta, Emilia from Ilica and Durand is from Breuil.

5) I'm in love with Oan as a character (she'ssocooool), is she going to appear and have adventures with us in future years?

She will appear, yes. I don't know if she is actively adventuring with you, though.

6) Where is Sae'on, and what culture is it's real world analogue? I don't see it on the map of Elumia, and I'm deeply curious about the bubble-volcano city. I've been operating from the impression it's either east or south-east of Elumia.

It's very cosmopolitan now, but it's cultural roots lie in the east. It's trapped in a bubble in the southern portion of Elumia, near the ruins of Monteon.

7) Have there been incidents where an Elumian defects to Dragon-controlled lands? If so, how many?

Yes, but not very frequently. Dragons are unpleasant masters, and it's rare that treachery is rewarded by them. They're more of a 'get all your information and then eat you' kind of negotiator.

8) What are the grounds for charges of treason in Elumia? Does it differ from nation to nation, and/or is it possible to get branded as a traitor to Elumia as a whole?

It differs from noble/city to noble/city. The only way to be branded a traitor to Elumia as a whole would be to join the Dragons, or do something incredibly atrocious.

Thank you for the answers Legate, they're much appreciated. I'll look into the skills you mentioned. Out of curiosity though, what counts as "incredibly atrocious" for Elumia excluding defecting to the Dragons? Is it the same general ethical/moral "don't cross the line" with our society or is there specific acts considered atrocities by Elumians that would be unique to them? And are Elumian!Russia and Poland near Staade in terms of geography?

Anima;

They would be ethical/moral transgressions so egregious that almost everyone would react with repugnance. Nothing specific that I can think of.

Volkynsky and Plezyca (the largest kingdoms in this area) are to the east of Vilocia (Reisengen.)

Schwarzbart;

The largest known is in myth- during the original war with the Dragons, they talk of beasts as large as mountains that could flatten cities by landing on them. In modern times, the largest known was a great black that was so large it cracked the Wall in death.

The most famous underground city in Elumia is of course Sae'on, but Ruckmarn is extensively built underground, and one of the cities of Dona Adria is built into the caldera there. Dragons tend not to like underground spaces (which is why the humans under their rule often built catacombs), and generally forbid their construction.