Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Will we see a broader range of Size in year 2? I.e. a feather is for sure not as large as a sword but both are size 0 in year 1.

I ask about this especial for what we can take home with us.

It was already mentioned that we will have some transport chest but realistic it would be size what matter how much we can pack in it.

To chip in on the glory discussion, one of my characters spammed "Perform Voice" for a while to unlock certain students' adventures and doing that gives you huge amounts of glory compared with normal adventuring and suchlike. A student who spends their first year wrestling and singing at people will end up far more glorious than one who goes out fighting bad guys.

^ Well, pop stars are indeed more famous than real life James Bond or something like that.

Legate, how much headache did the whole planning for "I saved the world 300 times" and "I slept all day, also I dated Philippe" and "I improved the food quality 7 times and did some charity work" gave the team?

It sounds like there's going to be a lot of different power levels / scales to cater to just by Year 3, let alone Year 5.

I am guessing sooner or later the student who focus on menial things are going to be dragged into something major (possibly storylines the glory hogs are doing) by their friends.

Greengrocery loner who stayed in their room all day long to avoid everything?

Sorry, that cucumber you have belongs to Sixt and he is going to disguise it as a snake to give Briardi a potent magical heart attack and you are ~dragged into the storm~ anyway.

If there's a Tetris sim, I request we get extra time, ability to reshape blocks, etc. if we have high Logistics and Revision and Wilderness Survival and Sewing and Transport and Greengrocery.

Especially Filing.

(Although I am going to fail miserably because I suck at puzzles anyway)

There is already a power creep issue in adventures - some of them have much higher difficulty checks to pass than others and would be far harder to someone who had modest stats to a death-or-glory type (guilty as charged).

The difference in random events between the first month or two and post-mid term exams is one example of how rapidly the student can advance - I generally go from picking up stress and the odd trip to the doctor hoping that I survive the school day intact, to glomphing every chance-of-event item/person to try and get a random event every day as the term progresses.

I realy wondering about the classes who need 2 or more prerequisit Skill at 10+.

Any one you already can share?

I'm i.e rater sure ther will be something with music but what it could be I don't know.

Even if you cant share the Class names for now the differnt requisits alone would be great for speculations as well and planing ahead ;).

I realy wondering about the classes who need 2 or more prerequisit Skill at 10+.

Any one you already can share?

I'm i.e rater sure ther will be something with music but what it could be I don't know.

Even if you cant share the Class names for now the differnt requisits alone would be great for speculations as well and planing ahead ;).

Any news on this?

Also is DLC 16 still planed for this year or also shifted to next year like Academagia Year 2?

1. Since multi pillar spells and knowledge related to them are still mostly in their infancy, does the Academagia teach anything regarding them, or are such spells, when they exist, the domain of individuals.who might know one specific spell that suits their purposes?

2. I can imagine the primary reason why my "way of the omnidisciplinarian" would be frowned upon by the faculty is simply due to the amount of effort required to learn just one pillar, but... Assuming that I at least disprove the staff's expectations of falling sharply behind as time goes on, what would their reactions be?

3. How do spells get formally named in academia? I suppose with most it's simply the name that everyone knows it by, but if there are more than two names, or if the creator insist on some quirky name that nobody uses, how is that settled?

Free;

1) Individuals, primarily, but there are some multi-Pillars Spells which are taught.

2) There are other reasons why it would be frowned upon, mostly related to reasons of influence and academic pride. ;)

3) The creator is usually, but not always, deferred to, if still living. Otherwise, it's common name.