Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

In regards to summoning, Will we continue to discover spalls that summon X animal, or will we be able to get a flexible, "general purpose" summoning spell for anything not too exotic? would the games engine handle that even?

How fare off I'm with my assumption that the 2nd timeslot we get available in year 2 was used for homework in year 1?

Also I assume for getting the teaching of the extra class we also have to assist the Professor and that's why it take a complete timeslot for the 5 days, is this correct?

Hmm, I'd thought it might be a later bedtime ;-)

Given the utility of free slots (+3 or 4 skill levels, +1/6 ability point and 1 skill, etc) compared to another class slot (maybe +1 to 1 or 2 skills) it sounds like the reward is something of a poisoned chalice - do you get anything funky like a few special "teacher's pet" adventures or suchlike?

If not it sounds like you are better off not excelling :-(

Although being swots my lot would aim for it anyway, though if I could be the Sphinx's pet or a junior librarian it would be right up their street ;-)

I just wondered because there was a talk a wile back where it sounded that some Class Skills will have different training multiplication depending if you have the class or not.

If I remember right it was about Familiar Training that this would be more difficult to learn for all people having it not as class what would make the choices of class more important.

(In year 1 we have the situation that for many skill it is even better if you want to focus on them that you not taking them as class)

In addition to what Schwarzbart said there's also the problem that often classes outright won't teach you anything on a given day, wasting the timeslot, and many just don't train certain skills at all even though it's part of the class parent skill. Zoology, for example, never teaches Worms despite that being a subskill of Zoology.

What I really want to know is whether classes in general are a good thing or a bad thing, in game terms. You get punished for skipping them too much, but at the same time you get rewarded for doing so because they so rarely actually teach anything for how often you devote time to them.

Yeah, one of the things I'd like to mod or see modded is the curriculum to seriously buff the amount of skill steps classes teach, probably also teaching another skill or two, especially skills like Worms that it's class doesn't teach at all. Call me greedy for more skill step increases, but I'm not really sold on the "super special awesome school for the best and brightest" idea when it's classes barely teach a student with a perfect attendance record enough to pass the exams. In fact looking through the mod tools it looks like Zoology just teaches fewer skill steps when compared to, say, Revision. A whole dozen less. I guess that explains that, if I'm not just seeing things.

In the real world I was taught where to find Laos on a map only to forget the location of it and everything else up to and including the Atlantic Ocean a few years later, so I'm not really sold on the "acquire knowledge" part of RL classes. And with Zoology apparently missing out on a dozen skill steps I'm not sold on the Academagia classes either. Is that a bug or is the class just rubbish?

Obviously Zoology is intentionally flawed in its curriculum, because it would be too useful for Gates users otherwise.

When creating monsters, it's vital to have an understanding of the phemes of differing anatomies. Scales, or feathers, or the traits of worms and insects, all theoretically very useful.

CONSPIRACY.

I will defeat you, Academagia. I will defeat you and also all the Dragons.

Are 11 point/12/13 point relationships with other students likely to do things in Year 2 and beyond?

Why does Joana always end up in a Clique with a character I actually like and want in my own Clique? Why can't I just teleport her to the moon?

My hope is that Familiars will be more useful in Year 2, not that I have a problem really with how they are now, just a little underwhelming and also I don't get to actually feel like my familiar is important because they don't really do anything visible unless you get lucky with what familiar you get. Will they ever get to cast spells? If I make my Familiar a master of all the pillars, including the forbidden ones, will they be able to do something with that? Is there anything interesting that can be teased about familiars in Year 2?

Does having attributes at 30 make me a crazy person?

Obviously Zoology is intentionally flawed in its curriculum, because it would be too useful for Gates users otherwise.

When creating monsters, it's vital to have an understanding of the phemes of differing anatomies. Scales, or feathers, or the traits of worms and insects, all theoretically very useful.

Zoology does train Anatomy and Animal Husbandry once, unlocking the skills for personal training, and while Worms is thrown under an airship it does teach Birds, Insects and Mammals well enough. I also notice it teaches Conceal twice, as well as Practical Jokes once.

If there is a conspiracy, I think Professor Pachait is fighting against it.

Why does Joana always end up in a Clique with a character I actually like and want in my own Clique? Why can't I just teleport her to the moon?

Well teleportation to the moon might get difficult (and illegal I suspect) but once you learn to be properly manipulative you could always mess with her head with the Schism spell and get the prospective clique member kicked out, ready for you to comfort and offer a place in your own clique..

What happens if I use Train Your Company to teach my whole Clique Mastery? So far it seems like nothing happens.

Also I'm 70% sure I could teleport Joana to the moon. There is a 29% chance that she would end up elsewhere, though.

Could I use Gates to make my own Dragon? Obviously I could use Mastery to enslave one, but can I make one?

I really hope Gates unlocks some adventures in Year 2. It is my favorite.