Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

What are the typical planting months/seasons, and what are the typical harvest months/seasons?

Or, to be even more thorough: does Mineta have Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter? If so, what months fall in to what seasons? If not, what seasons do they have?

Professor Briardi claims that Collage Durand is associated with Earth. Do any of the other collages have elemental associations? I have my own thoughts, but I want to see how correct I am or am not before babbling about them. >.>

Since seeing the Summer School thread, I was curious. In year two, will we be able to continue with the tuition/apprenticeship? Say that a character has a spy background. Will he continue training as a spy during the summer, since he doesn't have school and such? Or is it just a background thing?

Where do the Athletics and Zoology classes take place? I keep thinking the Zoology one moves around, but is mostly in the critter pens, and that the Athletics is in the gym save for when it needs to be on the fields, but I could be totally be wrong.

Could also use an answer to the quesiton about the seasons and about the collage elemental associations. :3

MadHatt;

I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised with your options during Summer Vacation. :)

Mikka;

Athletics and Zoology do have formal classrooms, but especially the former doesn't really use it. Zoology does get out and about a lot.

For your questions about seasons- Mineta has fairly irregular weather as compared to the rest of Renaglia, which is mild, and can grow in every season but winter. The City of Mineta is predominantly affected by the Current of Embers, which brings a lot of weather to the island, and its growing season is usually Summer/Fall, with the last harvest in October.

Cheimare - Nivelos would be considered Winter, Aruit-Anedius is Spring, Kaliri-Theriventus is the summer and Athonos-Gelamenus is Fall.

The Colleges do not have true elemental associations, although some are associated by dint of their namesake (Durand is associated with Cyve, and thus, over time, 'earth', just as Godina is associated with fire or lightning, etc.)

Awesome, thanks! :)

As I'm modding, I've noted that two of the characters turned in to (jokingly said) theatre brats, which has made me work on an on-and-off adventure not associated with either of them, indvidually, but involves the first year students puttingon a short skit for a variety show of such: with, of course, the player-character somehow being norminated to be the planner of it and thus having to deal with all the chaos and heartbreak. Which made me ask: which other students do you think are likely to be seen at the theatre/and do acting (or be interested in prop development, magical effects, helping out, so on)?

Catherine is of course most obvious: she shows up in almost every Theatre random event. Luti is angry at you for screwing up a theatre performance in another, making me think he hangs around there. Tabin is at least doing costumes there at one point, and he's there goofing off at another. Carmine's trying to write for a play at one point. I assume all of them are theatre kids to a degree, and getting Casper and Rixeda to help with painting backgrounds likely wouldn't be too difficult (though dealing with their different styles of art and making them conform to one style and not argue (and making sure Rix doesn't feel her creativity is being stifiled) might be harder). Am I wrong on any of those? Is there any I'm missing?

(Prudence is goofing off ruining Catherine's dress at another points, but I think that's just Prudence being Prudence.)

Mikka;

Here's the response:

"Mikka has officially stumbled onto one of our cunning plans, yes - and made it better! Catherine definitely emerges as a theater chick, despite herself (We threw in dialogue somewhere about her family hunting actors for sport), which does indeed set her up in a terrifying parallel with Luti. :)

Tabin, on the other hand, is totally accidental - but we love it. Same goes for all the rest - we also are amused by the idea of one of the terror kids (Neso or Noemia) getting sucked in somehow.

And triple points to her if she finds a way to make Joana drag Philippe into a Romeo and Juliet style production so she can molest him on stage. :)"

Thank you, Legate! Now I have even more ideas for that adventure. Though it may end up competing there with Oan's and the Avila boy's (and then Schwarzbart's full one) as longest adventure ever. Oof, really need to get these students released soon. Stupid portraits!

This is another weird question that you may have to check with the others about if you can answer at all... I'm asking asking about the two Avila boys. What were Cyrus's reasons for choosing Athletics, Rhetoric, Glamour, and Music? (Persumedly, to impress girls was a factor.) What were Avgust's reasons for choosing Arithmatic, Botany, Enchant, and History? Or at least, how would each boy clarify if asked? Doing a quick event where the Avila boys discuss what collage they would ask to be transfered to if Avila went back to girls-only (and inquire that of the Avila character), and it came to mind.

I'm thinking you could have a love story, and then you have Joana hearing and storming in to want and get her and Phillipe in the leads. But she has competition: Olivia heard it was a love story, and she's the prettiest girl in school, of course ("Shut up, Neta, no one's talking about you!"), so wouldn't it be correct for her to be the lead female, and then, of course, the most handsome boy should obviously play the other side, and Casper keeps peering up from the 'props section' to sneak over towards where the actors are, mumbling 'Magalda, Magalda' under his breath, and Vettor is on special effects crew because he could either do this or detention for some prank and this gives much more oppertunity for trouble and he's all "I THINK THE LEAD SHOULD HAVE RED HAIR... I mean, I'm just sayin- ahaha, squirted you! Ahahah, never mind. ...But she should!", and Catherine has her hands on her hips doing a "Are you going to allow these amuatours to take the part that naturally belongs to the best actress, which is, of course, me?! ...Also, I am not kissing anyone poor, or any amuators", and Joana and Olivia scream no one is kissing Phillipe/Cyrus by me at the same time and then, well, hopefully the scenery crashes down on everyone, because everyone is doomed.

That's a bit over complicated, though.

This is treading the line between 'Questions in game' and 'Questions about the game', but I figure it's okay to ask. Dueling. The thread.

* How much damage is a Wound? Is it three?

* Initative, and then initative, rounds. What do they mean? What's the difference between them?

* Salute-standard, Salute-short, Demi-tour long, and Set-to. What does each mean when it comes to preliminaries and where everyone stands?

* Are dueling 'seconds' used in the duels of the first year students, even if not listed or included in mechanics?

Mikka;

I believe a Wound is ~25% of your Vitality.

Initiative can change (based on your Rolls) from Round to Round, whereas Initiative, Rounds does not change order after the first Roll.

Standard/Short/Long tells you the distance at which the Duelists begin combat. Set-to is no preliminaries at all, but the Range is variable, usually Short, if I recall correctly.

Yes, they are there, although not implemented mechanically. They have a function in helping to preserve the Dueling Circle.

Schwarzbart;

Sure, I will have to dig that up. :)

Thanks in advance :)

A other question, have the team already thought about how to handle deliverys from year 1 that failed to get to the player in time?

If yes how will this be handled?

There just 3 ways I can see right now

1) They will all be confistated, its the Stundents fault for this things not geting to him/her in time. They can be happy that they dont get any punishment for this also.

2) They will be send after, maybe with some extra cost assotiated.

3) The player will get them at the start of the next year.

I was considering hosting a open-air cencert, but wondered where one might host a such in Mineta...

There will be considerable risk of fires, so prefereably in the open far away from thatched cottages or otherwise easily-flamable buildings :)

I found a few, but not sure if they are what I was looking for:

Jhonass Park?

Public Square Park?

I was thinking the Public Square, but unsure if it is suited, but I'd rather know if there was a place I missed entirely that is ideal.

(The music will be telling a story from the days gone past, so not -just- frivolity)

Isn't the Dimmae Theater the right place for this? Just look at 22 of the The Academagia map.

It dont have a roof so it full suite your request for a open air concert and you dont have to bring in so much magic so every one can good hear it.

(trust me on this because I already was in a live Performance in a Building like this the Actors didnt have any microphones but you could clearly hear them even on the upper rank. Also a Band required on Electrical Equipment haved to turn down drastical the loudness of theyr equipment or it would become unbearable! )

But the most important thing is you dont disrupt anyone who is not in the Theater with your music.

Actually that is something I've thought about at times as well, I think I may just have settled that they are out 'doing stuff'. I don't think I could look at proffessor Sixt the same if I learned he had an opera-singing daffodil which insisted on riding his shoulder to class... ;)