Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

*cough*

Who knows what kind of political influence I could have by then. Orsi is likely an ideal friend to have, as you could *probably* come out to him in private in late Y5, and tell him of your intentions. If his connections are as dirty as I suspect, I doubt he would be too repulsed by the revelation. (even if he indeed is not an illegal mage himself, he is 'friends' with illaro who probably is, although probably not to a very large degree)

That's all speculation though. In any case I'm still I the early planning stages. I'll let you know my plan in late Y5. hehe.

<facepalm>

A glamour Parade would serve the same function, and not get them to hate me. This is about UNBANNING gates, not the other way around.

...Maybe I should set the tune of the music to 'Prince Ali' from Aladin.

:rolleyes: If you want to get attention, drastic measures are necessary. As is protecting your head from pikes.

*cough*

Who knows what kind of political influence I could have by then. Orsi is likely an ideal friend to have, as you could *probably* come out to him in private in late Y5, and tell him of your intentions. If his connections are as dirty as I suspect, I doubt he would be too repulsed by the revelation. (even if he indeed is not an illegal mage himself, he is 'friends' with illaro who probably is, although probably not to a very large degree)

That's all speculation though. In any case I'm still I the early planning stages. I'll let you know my plan in late Y5. hehe.

Considering the stunt Orsi pulls during Carnage on the Fields and how he/Briardi react to it? I don't think Illario lend him that robe.

Well political power definetly seems to be the key here: needed to even got a chance to debate an unban of the 2 nasty ones. Needed to pass the mention and also to keep your head on you shoulder !

As for the amount needed well the legate of academagia sure is a great support but I soubt it would be enough and i I am not sure he is favourable even tough I am convinced like you that he has many *herm* "suspicious" allies.

But that seems like too much a hassle. I am sticking with my plan of rallying the dragon and rule as the human overlord. An easier and much more rewarding path no doubt ! :rolleyes:

pff that what you get when you half-ass you dark side conversion :angry::rolleyes:

No doubt Legate Orsi does not have a fear of Gates magic. As is mentioned in that adventure, however, Using an item like that is not the same as actually casting a spell of that nature.

I think anybody who traced the use of the Glamour would be, unpleasantly surprised...

And as for the dragon plan, I think being eaten by a dragon is something you may or may not have overlooked, isadorbg.

And as for the dragon plan, I think being eaten by a dragon is something you may or may not have overlooked, isadorbg.

Hehe well my plan sure has its risks but like they say "Triumph without perils brings no glory" :rolleyes: .

Plus its not worse than being killed for illegal use of magics really and I am sure they are misunderstood :rolleyes: .

Plus its not worse than being killed for illegal use of magics really and I am sure they are misunderstood :rolleyes: .

Even I wouldn't believe Dragons are just "misunderstood" so easily. I might if the Dragon has a sky-high Persuasion (read: Bluff) roll, though.

Anyway,

I could not help but notice that college Vernin's famed towers were created using techniques from the Aultrine order. (that makes a lot of sense.)

What if the reasons why those towers fell and were largely abandoned was for similar reasons to why the Aultrine chapterhouse falls in the Vernin Adventure....?

ummm... Vernin was known (past tense) as the college of towers but only one of those many towers still stand. (and its 'abandoned')

So the rubble must have already happened.

My question lays in the idea that perhaps whatever the source of that destruction was, well.. Lets hope it's not still around.

Not the chapterhouse. screw that. That *probably* only happens if you're Vernin.

The Old Vernin towers! who and/or what destroyed them so long ago, and are 'they' still around.

Considering they were part of the Academagia the answer to that can be anything from "Dragon spy sabotage" to "First year student rolled a 1 on his Avoid Chaos Factor check". As for who or what did that and whether they're still alive, well, who knows? I can tell you who doesn't: Giovanni di Lucca Alazzo. Buy the pants off of a Dragon with a pants fetish? Possible, but knowing Enchant as well as he should? Nope.

Yeah. Poor Giovanni. He gets no respect. :(

Vernin's obviously hit some tough times lately. I hear their lukewarm water dispensers broke down, forcing them to use only hot or cold.

Somebody needs to raise funds for all those repairs, after all.

Yeah. Poor Giovanni. He gets no respect. :(

Vernin's obviously hit some tough times lately. I hear their lukewarm water dispensers broke down, forcing them to use only hot or cold.

Somebody needs to raise funds for all those repairs, after all.

Pff jealousy ! go back to your petty fight with Durand maybe one day they will notice you.

I can't really respect a man that's not qualified for the job he has, especially if it's a position as important as a College Regent. At least, that's the general impression I got.

Ha ! Yes the regent has some limit on Enchant (from a Vernin point of view) but his skill with Revision make Storey a child in comparison and his skill in Diplomacy and Politics ashame the whole Hedi college and even more their Regent whatever his name his.

All that Giovanni is cannonally able to do revision-wise is altering his apprarance.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, but there's no proof that he's any better than a second or third year morvidus student right now, which is ironic, as morvidus is Vernin's rival and by the sound of your whining you're just jealous that we in Aranaz don't need lukewarm water dispensers. We just mix our hot and cold water. :)

Oh, And I don't care if Durand notices us or not. I operate better in the shadows anyway.

Pff jealousy ! go back to your petty fight with Durand maybe one day they will notice you.

Is it just me or are all college rivalries except Aranaz butting heads with Durand either shallow or completely non-existent? I've so far played a Vernin, Morvidus, Durand and Godina character, and none ever had anything happen that would point to a college rivalry. In fact, my Godina character was the student that was pestered the most...by a few Aranaz and Durand kids. I honestly can only assume that these current rivalries came to be after Icanicix and Kazus were abolished, taking their (well-founded) rivalries with them. Mind that that wouldn't explain Avila/Godina, though.

Ha ! Yes the regent has some limit on Enchant (from a Vernin point of view) but his skill with Revision make Storey a child in comparison and his skill in Diplomacy and Politics ashame the whole Hedi college and even more their Regent whatever his name his.

I can't say I see Storey as anything but an obstacle to avoid, even when playing Morvidus. As for Finus Piaxenza, well, his description notes him as both gifted politically and much-loved by students and parents alike. Also, if Y2 adds a Sync/Glamour dream magic combo you can bet I'll be knocking on his door. Not sure how open-minded he'll be about that but, heck, if he wants very interesting research (and if he doesn't, guess who usually has a base 13 Persuasion)...

I can't say I see Storey as anything but an obstacle to avoid, even when playing Morvidus. As for Finus Piaxenza, well, his description notes him as both gifted politically and much-loved by students and parents alike. Also, if Y2 adds a Sync/Glamour dream magic combo you can bet I'll be knocking on his door. Not sure how open-minded he'll be about that but, heck, if he wants very interesting research (and if he doesn't, guess who usually has a base 13 Persuasion)...

You're the one thinking Alazzo is unfit because of his lack of Enchant knowledge so pleanse tell me how the hedi regent (whoever he is) can be considered competent when its the Vernin Regent who is responsible of the foreign relation of the academy (not that so surpising too as everything Vernin).

Now, be careful here.

At the rate we're going, Professor Vickery is sure to intervene when both of us start throwing fireballs at each other and set his rose Garden afire!

Now thats one I often forget that his a mage make me think of hagrid somehow.

I suppose that was a bit too subtle (for once). So:

1. Why, exactly, are the current college rivalries as they are? And why are they barely noticeable ingame? Just the Random Number God being a Random Number...Clown won't work here. Eh, Goof? Sure. The Random Number Goof.

I'd ask the second question but that one is sure to get [redacted] as an answer, so yeah.