Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Out of deference to Prof Vickey. I will ignore that comment. This time.

Not all the college's rivalries are active right now. Morvidus vs Vernin was pretty harsh 80-100 years ago from the lores though.

What, did the new generation decided to rebel against old standards and instead doing it's own thing? I wouldn't think a heated college rivalry would simply die down without outside interference.

BTW, free, question since you're an Aranaz fan: Does To The Entrance give you the option to erect the King Durand statue? That was originally planned to be denied to Aranaz students, but than originally there were also other options beyond simply accepting the money. I don't exactly want to play an Aranaz character just to find out (because holy moly the early game is painful), but I'm curious.

what ? take Von Rupprecht. If you looking for puppet strings then look no further altough you ought to be disappointed for "the forbidden pillar mystery" part :rolleyes:

Mmh the info on the rivalry is interesting. Can you give us more info if possible? (I am sure we crush them anyway :rolleyes: ).

To be fair I have only played the game once with an Aranaz character (with DLC 16)

The early game is a pain, and I have a habit of cancelling poor starts. To be fair I don't remember To The Entrance very well. I think I know which one you're talking about but if so I kind of just skeeted past that one because it was hard and I took the path of least resistance.

To be fair I have only played the game once with an Aranaz character (with DLC 16)

The early game is a pain, and I have a habit of cancelling poor starts. To be fair I don't remember To The Entrance very well. I think I know which one you're talking about but if so I kind of just skeeted past that one because it was hard and I took the path of least resistance.

<_<...Beware courtesy indeed.

Anyone else happen to have played a DLC16 Aranaz character? I was wondering if an Aranaz character having that statue erect would perhaps provide an opening for ending the Aranaz/Durand rivalry in Y2 or later. I do recall the possibility of rivalries changing thanks to the PC, but I don't know about them ending. (Avila/Godina and Morvidus/Vernin hardly need to have their respective rivalries ended since they kinda don't care about it already).

Could we get this thread back to be a question thread instead we have any talk we want?

My current questions:

1) Was there ever a rivalry between the different regent about what college a certain student should join?

2) Is there chance that this could happen for a player char who stand out from the rest of the students (In better and in worse)?

(Wonder because my current char fill the year 2 requirements for joining all colleges except Hedi and Vernin and have all Regent at 10)

Will give it a swing, sadly my little Aranaz has no survival instincts and doesn't yet know how to attain any but we'll get there. Sad thing about many of the later added abilities is that there is no way to learn of them save chance, as all of the phemes and locations where you might meet them are unlocked by the same abilities... ah well!

Could we get this thread back to be a question thread instead we have any talk we want?

My current questions:

1) Was there ever a rivalry between the different regent about what college a certain student should join?

2) Is there chance that this could happen for a player char who stand out from the rest of the students (In better and in worse)?

(Wonder because my current char fill the year 2 requirements for joining all colleges except Hedi and Vernin and have all Regent at 10)

1. I doubt there'd be anything beyond discussion, if that. The colleges each have their own focus, none overlap enough where a student could show some sort of talent which would allow them to really excel in two college specialities...but no other. At least, I can't think of anything like that.

2. I don't think College regents really have a say in which college you attend. Advice, sure, but the ultimate choice is yours. I really can't imagine any of the regents seeing a student as so incredibly awesome they'd go out of their way to get you into their college. Maybe if you have Diavesque and von Rupprecht learned about that, somehow, but otherwise? Can't see it.

Will give it a swing, sadly my little Aranaz has no survival instincts and doesn't yet know how to attain any but we'll get there. Sad thing about many of the later added abilities is that there is no way to learn of them save chance, as all of the phemes and locations where you might meet them are unlocked by the same abilities... ah well!

Practising Curiosity will open up enough Explore skills to raise the parent skill, which should be enough to open up To The Entrance. Unless it's specifically keyed to Wilderness Survival, which would be silly because you never do/need anything of the sort.

2 - Actually Regents do have a say about who attend their college. Even tough on admission, the student is asked to make a wish for his favorite college it is the Regent who choose in the end who enter the college. Their are also the one responsible for giving grant for tuiton for those who don't have the mean/they think they should get one. Wich mean they have a budget to spend. In theory a Regent can allow "anyone" they whished to integrate in their college.

So its enterily possible that at least at one point there was a conflict between regents to get one student to enter their college altough this time it was the student who had the final word i guess. :)

come on... you just need a bit of imagination :) .

The emperor's kid ? or a king's child, maybe ? anyone that has the important relation that 2 regents would fight for ? a extremely talented student who'll give to this college prestige and thus influence for its regent? Tom RIddle ? ME ? :rolleyes:

Schwarzbart;

Oh yes, definitely.

Yes. :)

I do remember seeing that the NPC students can and do attend the Praetexta court. So exactly what happens lorewise to explain what happens if they attend it multiple times? And will we have a chance to have a mini adventure to speak for our friends in Y2?

And here I thought you had some moral value.

to wish the elimination of a NPC, you make me sick ! :P:rolleyes:

Actually, I had an idea involving a...secretly twisted student NPC that, if challenged to a duel, would instead commit suicide. And violently haunt the player afterwards, both as an NPC using Bully - or something like that - and during an adventure where the PC goes from learning his/her quarry chose death by discovering the messy scene the NPC left behind, to close encounters with the still bleeding and burning ghost that will burn everything standing between him and him dragging you down to wherever he's going.

That may or may not have turned out to be a Glamour in the end, perhaps Sync/Glamour dream magic even, all to pretty much tell the player to take his/her unworkable standards and point them in the direction closest to the edge of Elumia.

In your first year, you cannot be expelled- the reason being that they prefer you are worked with to improve your behavior.

...or something like that. :)

Please ignore the contradiction of how that doesn't apply to the player, and only to the player.