Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I don't think that General magic (or whatever it may be called) would be too different from all the individual pillars. I see it as being a supplement to Aranaz's speciality. Orthography is already considered a unique combination of established magic, so I could see the college adopting other combos, and maybe even specializing in various types of magic combos. It would certainly make it impossible for Aranaz to be disbanded if their focus was seen as unique as the other pillars, and not 'merely' deviations of them.

6. Will Familars gain additional passive abilities in Y2, and will they be activated by bond? If so, I have an idea that maybe Mr. Pebbles' bond with the player should grow automatically in Y2, and I would like to know if this is possible so that I can make a delicious chance of success penalty for the player. :)

1. I remember that Arch-Mage or Arch-Magister or Arch-Wizard, one of those, is a formal title that a wizard could get for...something. Traditionally the title is handed down by the Emperor, though, so it's currently not entirely relevant.

4. I highly doubt it.

1) I am speaking about merit title ovbiously I expect hereditary in an aristocratic society.

4) Well I'll be surprised really. In this period, it was common for people of the same profession to gather in an organisation to have more weight politicaly and to better prepared to defend themselves against hazard (people in crisis in a region could be financed by a more secure one etc.). And other things (teach the apprentices. Share knowledge etc.). Most often than not in guilds which is often used for mages in other settings.

So I expect mages to have something of the sort. Maybe not for ALL the mages of ALL elumnia but that would be counter productive to mage political influences. :P

Well, I tend to be a bit observant as to when the Legate is 'mysteriously' silent. This is because valuable insight can be had when he doesn't answer, which is important because you don't know how to write your story without insight!

Legate, you said that a Mastered individual would not show any signs of being Mastered, other than acting weird.

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1274&p=17660

Yet in di Cossa's case there were several nosebleeds, and...

He cuts you off. "Your friend isn't here right now," he says, in an entirely wrong voice. He starts to bleed from his nose, but doesn't seem to notice. "And the person who did this on purpose is your friend Eustacio. If you want to save your own life, you'd best get to Mineta in a hurry. The Aultrine Chapterhouse has just fallen down, and I'm trapped under what's left of it. Rescue me."

[Character]Character/Selection/Vernin/Rui da Casga then falls down and starts shaking.

"Mastery," the professor whispers. "[Character]Character/Self, you can't...."

can you explain these discrepancies?

The PC knows Rui and what his voice sounds like, someone who's less familiar with him might not notice. Unless Mastery made his vocal cords suddenly shift to mimic the voice of a centuries-old man because his mind was taken over by a centuries-old man. Besides which, di Cossa wants the PC to know it's him. Him being subtle is a bad thing, in that example.

As for the nosebleed thing, though, I think somewhere between 2012 and now "nosebleed" just became synonymous with "being Mastered". Probably because of this, actually.

"Your friend isn't here right now"

"Entirely wrong voice"

"Starts to bleed from his nose"

Yeah. Definetly that's the nose bleeding that gave away mastery. I would have never suspected if their wasn't blood on Rui's nose. :rolleyes:

but as to why mastery causes nosebleed maybe it happens when the Master is too forcefull with the puppet or when s/he is :

Schwarzbart;

Imperfect Mastery can definitely show some signs, and close association with a person will reveal that they are acting unusually.

Geasa are legal, in the sense that both parties must 'willingly' enter into it.

They are considered to be 'Glamours'. There are some forms of Geasa which are related to Astrology, though, and some that even are considered to be Revision.

Contract Geasa are all that are taught.

What would happen If I knew some Gates magic on a purely academic level, and got mastered into using that publically by a person that didn't know Gates but knew I knew?

And since Astrology is magic belonging to the enemies of Dragons and they don't use it... Do they allow that magic to be used by those whom they allow to use magic at all?

@Freespace because even the knowledge is forbidden the best that would happen to you is that you get cloisterised (the worst is your eliminated out right).

There might be even a investigation about the mastery if there where clear marks that you got mastered but otherwise I suspect the one who mastered you even stay clear of any charges.

Edit: There is even a big chance that if someone else cast the gate spell and it just looks like you did the spell that it is you who hit the force of the law, at last if your not Noble Born.

For noble born I suspect that usual a competent Negation Mage will investigate and unless you or your parents made to many enemies the worst penalty you get is a livelong ban from the country.