Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1.How are report cards given out? I would guess by mail and would be sent straight to the parents. But the possibility exists that the school would give it to the kids to bring home. How detailed are they? Do they simply give a class grade or also ranking and such? Anything that I should add to my gradebook?

2. When is the cutoff when a kid has to vacate the school grounds after the school year? 2 weeks from 28 kaliri?

3. Are we going to have flexibility on when we actually leave during those two weeks this so that if I want to leave immediately or square away some matters beforehand I can use my perogative?

4. What is the date that all returning students must arrive by in order to register for the upcoming year? It seems like Juvinalia is set up to be this, being a technical first day without actual classes, but I awas wondering if the school doesn't force kids to arrive a day or so sooner in order to make sure stragglers have a day or two to arrive.

5. According to the "world of academagia" thread.. Curfew for First Years is at the 9th Bell of the evening. What about second years?

6. Can you explain Mineta's "Golden Council" Is it supposed to be some sort of parliament?

Free;

1.How are report cards given out? I would guess by mail and would be sent straight to the parents. But the possibility exists that the school would give it to the kids to bring home. How detailed are they? Do they simply give a class grade or also ranking and such? Anything that I should add to my gradebook?

They are delivered by courier and contain grade, ranking, as well as any additional information the Instructors would like to provide.

2. When is the cutoff when a kid has to vacate the school grounds after the school year? 2 weeks from 28 kaliri?

Less than that; 2 days.

3. Are we going to have flexibility on when we actually leave during those two weeks this so that if I want to leave immediately or square away some matters beforehand I can use my perogative?

No, you'll be departing within those 2 days. It depends on your Background.

4. What is the date that all returning students must arrive by in order to register for the upcoming year? It seems like Juvinalia is set up to be this, being a technical first day without actual classes, but I awas wondering if the school doesn't force kids to arrive a day or so sooner in order to make sure stragglers have a day or two to arrive.

It's also 2 days.

5. According to the "world of academagia" thread.. Curfew for First Years is at the 9th Bell of the evening. What about second years?

9th as well, I believe.

6. Can you explain Mineta's "Golden Council" Is it supposed to be some sort of parliament?

No, it's an advisory body to the Captain, only...with teeth. :)

Hmm...the best I can think of who would fit that description (the "sealed good in a can" part) is Salvatore di Cossa, which should say something about how few good people there are walking around. If only because I assume that the Sphinx and Stryker are neutral rather than good. Besides which neither is sealed, they're just...seclusive, I think? Is that the right word?

Kind Durand? If he's still alive I assume he's either on the surface or he's essentially a corpse. "Immortal" doesn't necessarily mean "unable to age", unless the Dragons felt like keeping one of their worst enemies around in perfect health...depending on exact-you know what, never mind. As for di Cossa, he's a character you meet in The Keystone adventure. He's...well, he's probably not as evil as Diavesque. Probably.

As for the Sphinx and Stryker, I imagine they've seen people rise to and fall from power so often that they don't ally themselves with any cause. Individuals, maybe, but even then only if it clearly benefits them.

Legate, If you cannot tell us the Y2 class list even yet, then can you at least tell us the number of required classes all the colleges have? Is it different from Y1? If Aranaz has three required classes now I'm gonna be upset. :angry:

Better that you tell me this now than later. ;)

History and Orthography, what's the third class? Calligraphy 2? Enchant 1? How does the Academagia differentiate first year from second year courses anyway? Regardless, here's to hoping Hedi and Godina don't get stuck with a dead weight class (Grammar) and a class that doesn't fit the college at all but at least has a few good adventures tied to it (Music) in Y2.

And Legate, how's progress on that PM question I asked before?

Especially considering the amount of variations possible if you play both years. The team has their work cut out for them in future years. I suspect Y3 will not be seen until at least 2020.

Metis;

In fact, the answer is coming to you shortly!

Send a reply, I hope you like it. *Maniacal laughter*

Might as well be, by the end of year 5, as an epilogue.

That quote from me was actually in response to Schwarzbart mistyping the Heraldry skillset as Smitery, IIRC.

Wow if the core class are already different between the chars of the same college in year 2 this will become even more interesting to play trough countless times then year 1 already was.

...Speaking of, is that Y2 class list still stuck in traffic? I vaguely recall that being asked recently, but I don't quite remember, so sorry if this is a repeat.

1) I would assume not, unless they're made into actual NPCs.

3) Probably not, but that would be a cool feature. And a good reason to actually train your Familiar.

5) Pretty sure that in Y1 it's just flavour...not-text that never comes up. No clue whether it'll be important in Y2.

paz;

1) Will Morgana, Stryker, Eunecya, The Captain, Ilaro and the Lady pirate gain portraits in year 2?

Probably not, but it would be very cool!

2) Will any npc's trade college at beggining of year 2 like the player can?

I do not believe so, no.

3) The familiars will have some sort of calendar like the player does with they own activities to choose from?

No, it is still from the Player's Calendar.

4) Can you join the newspaper club in year 2?

Yes, but [redacted].

5) There is a calendar_ wheater on modtools, does that do something on year 1 or will do something on year 2?

Weather, you mean? It was flavor in Y1, but does have an impact in Y2.

Given that mechanical watches in the days of old was an artisan affair, with people on a whole block building the individual parts and a master builder to assemble the parts. I doubt wristwatches could be made without magic, and I think that would be too expensive for the setting for even a rich person to want to pay for as there would not be much added benefit.

As far as accuracy goes I could see them being a minute or so off every day but as you would need to wind it up every day anyway, you could adjust that when you winded the watch.