Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Metis;

No comment about *that*. :)

The evil blood magic or the Lost and Found box? If the former, well, I'll take that as an invitation...and then... :P.

Theory of Incantation RL III.

And yes, after a quick read on your post dont fit very well, but implies there are some darker blood magic somewhere else.

One of these days I really should do a "read all lores" playthrough. Probably will for my Y2 character, once Y2 actually, you know, exists ;).

I suppose peasants that don't know the front end of a wand to the back might mistake innocent blood magic rituals as, well, not being innocent, though I suspect there is indeed an evil side to it. And if not, well, there's always more research to be done.

There is some Blood Magic under Familiar Kinship 9.

Also the Revision spells developed from Sabinu Nos (i.e. Positive Alteration of Organic Matter) are some kind of blood magic as they use live force to power them.

So you don't need to wait for year 2 to find spells that use your own live force or blood to power magic.

It it possible, through Gates and/or Mastery, to utterly destroy a person to the point where his or her ghost will remain in a vegetative state permanently? If yes, would it then be possible to magically bind that ghost to something so he or she can never find rest (for what good it'll do if they lack the consciousness to know what rest is)?

Also, any progress on PM/old bag questions?

Hmm...interesting, but not quite what I need. I'm thinking more along the lines of someone breaking a living person's mind and spirit utterly, then murdering them, and then magically binding the individual's ghost to something so they can never find peace. The difference is that the victim's ghost wouldn't have any memories to forget, or the mental capacity to learn anything new. They'd just be stuck on the material plane basically out of spite.

Unknown to the public in the present day, or was nothing of the sort ever known by anyone ever? I intent for that example to have occurred centuries back, and rest assured it was by someone with more secrets than...someone I don't know because than that person wouldn't have that many secrets, technically.

Oh, and rest assured also that the victim...wasn't missed overly much. Nor was the perpetrator, for that matter, so people taking stuff with them to their (portable) graves is possible.

Legaaaate~!

What would happen if an ancient Mastery spell was found enchanted into the old Kazus hall which normally did nothing except hide it's own presence, but if tampered with might have some undesirable negative effect on the inhabitants of the building itself?

Is it more difficult in Y2 to research Mastery Methods than it is to research Recipes, simply because Mastery Methods is a skill that logically you wouldn't be able to find as much information on as easily?

Another question: Sync's skill description says "though the Praetexta Court allows its study in strictly supervised environments". Can the Sphinx legally claim that any student she teaches personally is "strictly supervised"? It's not going to matter, technically, but I am curious.

Edited by Metis

Is it more difficult in Y2 to research Mastery Methods than it is to research Recipes, simply because Mastery Methods is a skill that logically you wouldn't be able to find as much information on as easily?

Another question: Sync's skill description says "though the Praetexta Court allows its study in strictly supervised environments". Can the Sphinx legally claim that any student she teaches personally is "strictly supervised"? It's not going to matter, technically, but I am curious.

Is this strictly supervised requirement for all Sync sub skills or only for Mental Bridging? I wondering because the 3 other SS sound more like difficult self-control or mental skills then like magic.

Edit: Maybe in year 2 its possible that the Main skill is no higher then Mental Bridging as the whole skill depend on knowing this sub skill.

Metis;

I am not sure.

For the Sphinx...no, I don't think so. :)

For the record I'd like that feature, if only to distinguish research that should obviously be more difficult than usual (Gates/Mastery/Sync, who knows if Revision Methods are harder to find than Recipes though).

Pity, though it does make me question the legal status of her position since...there kinda isn't an Emperor anymore.

Is this strictly supervised requirement for all Sync sub skills or only for Mental Bridging? I wondering because the 3 other SS sound more like difficult self-control or mental skills then like magic.

Edit: Maybe in year 2 its possible that the Main skill is no higher then Mental Bridging as the whole skill depend on knowing this sub skill.

I would assume only Mental Bridging, since I don't think Mineta could survive as a society if they systematically cracked down on anyone who learned a drop of Empathy.

This, pretty much, although I don't know if it's possible to remove/change the "parent skill is third highest subskill" rule. Assuming it still exists in Y2.