Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1) Will it be possible to leave the Heirloom Knife with your parents or even gift to a other family member?

This knife is something I don't want to sell but becomes useless very fast and so I prefer If I don't have to take it to the Academagica again in year 2.

(Unless we can hide it in the boots or something)

2) How will year 2 handle it if the player change his College if said character joined some club or organisations in year 1?

Schwarzbart;

1) Will it be possible to leave the Heirloom Knife with your parents or even gift to a other family member?
This knife is something I don't want to sell but becomes useless very fast and so I prefer If I don't have to take it to the Academagica again in year 2.
(Unless we can hide it in the boots or something)

You can leave it with your Parents, but I don't think you can gift it to other members of your family.

2) How will year 2 handle it if the player change his College if said character joined some club or organisations in year 1?

I don't think that's an issue, unless it's the specific Durand and Aranaz associated organizations, in which case it's broken. Well, unless. :)

Paz;

Unfortunately no, the worship of the Old Gods has essentially died out, apart from very minor communities. It may appear later, though! :)

2) How will year 2 handle it if the player change his College if said character joined some club or organisations in year 1?[/size]

I don't think that's an issue, unless it's the specific Durand and Aranaz associated organizations, in which case it's broken. Well, unless. :)

Is this a hint that a Aranaz Student could join Durand so that it just looks like he betrayed his old College but in reality spy for them? That's interesting enough to play a Aranaz Student again just to follow this plot in year 2!

3) Wrong Schohanwitch will take its very own timeslot so its your 3. timeslot on school days it takes and if you also take a extra class all 4 timeslots are taken on schooldays.

4) Was already answered that the focus is on Academagica and the other schools will not offer choices.

5) Because of the answear we got for your question 4 I doubt there will be anything from Schohanwitch but learning both forbidden magic will sure raise your risk to be busted at Academagica.

paz;

1. Can you rechoose the portrait for year 2 if you imported a character from year 1?

No, I don't think so.

2. Since Total Control its an action, is the player free to abuse without giving an aura that a Mastey spell would do?

No. :)

3. Is the 8th class ( the 2nd extra ) the Schohanwitch or can we pick something else?

As Schwarzbart notes, it's another slot.

4. Will the player have some choice on which classes he will take in Schohanwitch school? I imagine a much smaller program when compared to Academagia, not necessarily inexistent; and if not in year 2, if its planned for later years.

As Schwarzbart noted. ;)

5. What is the position of Schohanwitch school about Mastery?

Gates only.

1) Is it possible within year 2 to forge and Enchant a sword that also works as full working wand?

Optimal would be if we could enchant The Sword of Kush to be also a Balanced Wand but that probably would be to much ;).

2) For what year is it planed that the player can put their own creations of enchantments together for a item?

Thing is that a sword would probably be a bit too heavy to use as a wand. Of course you could enchant the sword to be lighter, but than it wouldn't be a very good sword. A dagger might have the right weight/length to act as a substitute wand...but than you'd be using a dagger as a wand. I don't think people will appreciate you waving a dagger around, especially if that dagger can shoot fireballs.

Depend where the student did report it and how (s)he report it.

I think the most common variants would be this:

If the Student go to the Captain of Mineta to report such a case I'm sure if it turns out wrong the time of this student at Academagica is over no matter who the parents are.

Same if the student try to bring this in front of the civil law court.

But if said student go to the Headmaster of Academagica then it all depend on how good the relationship is with the Regents and the Legate but for sure the relationship with the named professor falls into a deep black hole.

Keep also in mind if i.e. Catherine Chard report such a thing even if there is only her word as prove the changes are big that the professor still get locked away.

Probably is dependant on the severity of the crime you're testifying against, as well. For falsely testifying that someone used forbidden magic you'd probably get the guillotine, but if the charge brought against your victim is, say, pickpocketing I doubt people would care beyond throwing you in jail for however long.

Of course that assumes you're lying about having it knowingly, "merely" being stupid would be another matter.

1. What sort of opportunities exist for magical learning outside classroom environments? Say I was going to improve my omni skills after graduation... Where/What might I go/do?

2. Any new news on Y2? :)

3. Have any wars started due to a student at the Academagia insulting another student during class?

4. How long ago has the Library of Longshade been sitting in neglect, exactly where is it on campus, and what are the reasons that a professor might come down there? I can't imagine that they would go there just to see if a student is tresspassing there...

5. How often did mages learn both Gates and Mastery together back in the preban era? Was there a general taboo about doing so even back then?

6. Do dragons chew their food or swallow whole?

1. There's always schools like Esteban's, I'm pretty sure they don't limit themselves to teaching first and second years. And if they do, well, you might be able to keep visiting the Sphinx.

2. "Still working on it :). We're hoping for a 2014 release, but we'll see.", or so says the world's chattiest magic 8 ball.

3. One or two, sure. Never underestimate how petty students can get.

4. At least over three centuries if there truly are Gates/Mastery books scattered around, boredom and/or a desire for some privacy. I'm sure the PC isn't the only one who's discovered Longshade, although perhaps s/he's the first in a long time to actually figure out the filing system.

5. As Schwarzbart said. Frankly it might have been slightly more common than, say, Incantation/Glamour since mechanically Gates/Mastery both go off of Fitness while Incantation/Glamour goes off Finesse/Charm, but if students were smart back in those days the difference would probably still be minimal. At least present day students don't always take classes suited to them (Aaran...).

Free;

1. What sort of opportunities exist for magical learning outside classroom environments? Say I was going to improve my omni skills after graduation... Where/What might I go/do?

Beyond self-study, you can always make use of the local academies in your after hours. Nothing specific to omni, though!

2. Any new news on Y2? :)

"2. "Still working on it :). We're hoping for a 2014 release, but we'll see.", or so says the world's chattiest magic 8 ball." ;)

3. Have any wars started due to a student at the Academagia insulting another student during class?

Hahaha! Vendettas have become the start of wars, yes.

4. How long ago has the Library of Longshade been sitting in neglect, exactly where is it on campus, and what are the reasons that a professor might come down there? I can't imagine that they would go there just to see if a student is tresspassing there...

I'm not sure the exact location, but I think it is in the main hall. Professors do come down to look for books...sadly, the filing system is inscrutable. ;)

5. How often did mages learn both Gates and Mastery together back in the preban era? Was there a general taboo about doing so even back then?

No specific taboo- it was uncommon, but not unknown.

6. Do dragons chew their food or swallow whole?

Depends on the dragon! :)