Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Call me crazy, but it feels like the Legate has been very busy lately. He was on for what 10 minutes in the past 4 days? I smell something big is on the way. Y2 may yet still come out this year (if we're really lucky) and DLC 17 is supposed to be about a month before that?

The timing is getting close. Its just a feeling I'm getting.

Call me crazy, but it feels like the Legate has been very busy lately. He was on for what 10 minutes in the past 4 days? I smell something big is on the way. Y2 may yet still come out this year (if we're really lucky) and DLC 17 is supposed to be about a month before that?

The timing is getting close. Its just a feeling I'm getting.

That'ss what I thought as well.

But I fear we are just crazy optimist. :(

Because this is the final DLC which is mostly going to prepare us for Y2, which is an important step, hence the whole thing needs to be supervised by the lead designer/planner... which is who I think the legate really is. ;)

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=512&p=931

...this is a great area for expansion, and some are more difficult than others. As the designer, I do not want to solve any of these in a trivial way -I want them to be special and interesting- so I feel these are more likely to be dealt with in the sequel. Still, I'll ponder if there is something we can do.

If the group that has been working on Y2 for the past year or three now suddenly need to be supervised by the lead designer/planner so closely that he can't spend ten minutes to check a forum over the course of four days I imagine it's because something bad happened, not because something good happened. That said I think the flu theory still sounds more likely than a catastrophic hard drive failure, since I'm sure a team of programmers in this day and age know how to keep very fancy automated back-ups.

Free;

Regarding Stryker...no comment. :)

paz and Schwarzbart;

1) Is there Medical Astrology in the settings?
Not really, no. It's great for prevention, though. ;)
2) Is Rostra the closest to the Old Gods? Any info you can share about her?

No, she is one of the New Gods. There is a lot of info about her, but I must refer to you to the Lores, first... ;)

3) Is it possible to give a permanent decrease of a attribute trough a adventure?

It should be possible, but I don't think it actually works, if I recall correctly.

4) Can Needleshanks really speak as it is mentioned in Hedgehog Familiar Bond Adventure02 Exit 04 success or is it just the player understanding him?

I believe it is only the player understanding him.

...and no news on 17 yet! I wasn't sick, fortunately, but delayed. :)

1. Will there be cases where we might want to wait a year to take a class because a more favored instructor will be teaching the class the following year? Or is the teaching pretty routine except or substitutes.

2. Just to be clear, when the Bans took place, was the involuntary cloistering done only to students? or also those that were already out of school? or were even advanced mages long since graduated hunted down too?

3. I know you have concept art of the proscribed colleges' uniforms, but what about their crests? I don't suppose you would mind telling us a bit about them?

4. Does Prudence only hate it if you say her whole first name, or even if you abbreviate it? And what would happen if somebody managed to sing a song like the Beatle's "Dear Prudence" over the PA in 1, a mocking manner, and 2, completely legitimately serious?

5. How much would Contu's school cost for the next year's tuition, and, apart from game mechanics reasons, why would the school not allow a kid who had 5000+ pims on hand and ready to pay, and was also at an appropriate skill level to undertake more advanced studies?

6. What in the way of cost is discussed when applying/getting accepted into Schohanwicht, anyway? I have problems believing that such education is given away freely,even given the circumstances surrounding Gates.

7. Is it possible for magical ability/sensitivity to be passed on to offspring?

8. If coins were tossed into lake Ardica, would the spirit of the lake see them as trash or keep them?

1. Will there be cases where we might want to wait a year to take a class because a more favored instructor will be teaching the class the following year? Or is the teaching pretty routine except or substitutes.

2. Just to be clear, when the Bans took place, was the involuntary cloistering done only to students? or also those that were already out of school? or were even advanced mages long since graduated hunted down too?

3. I know you have concept art of the proscribed colleges' uniforms, but what about their crests? I don't suppose you would mind telling us a bit about them?

4. Does Prudence only hate it if you say her whole first name, or even if you abbreviate it? And what would happen if somebody managed to sing a song like the Beatle's "Dear Prudence" over the PA in 1, a mocking manner, and 2, completely legitimately serious?

5. How much would Contu's school cost for the next year's tuition, and, apart from game mechanics reasons, why would the school not allow a kid who had 5000+ pims on hand and ready to pay, and was also at an appropriate skill level to undertake more advanced studies?

6. What in the way of cost is discussed when applying/getting accepted into Schohanwicht, anyway? I have problems believing that such education is given away freely,even given the circumstances surrounding Gates.

8. If coins were tossed into lake Ardica, would the spirit of the lake see them as trash or keep them?

1. Unless the professors have a (bi)yearly rotation for who teaches/researches, which I'm pretty sure they don't, no.

2. I doubt that Academagia graduation was the cut-off for whether you'd get cloistered or hanged. As for mages long since graduated, probably on a case-by-case basis.

5. Some agreement with the Academagia, if not a legal limit. Or 5K just isn't enough to grease the wheels.

6. Since you're not supposed to be able to get to Schohanwicht without the Secret Heritage background ever since DLC...something, one can assume the PC's parents take care of that. Unless you're also a Black Sheep, I guess. Than again, there might not be a cost beyond succeeding with their classes. Inter-dimensional travel cost and taxes aren't that high, I'd think.

7. Everything else up to and including the genetic kitchen sink can be, probably magic talent as well.

8. I imagine see it as trash, but recognise the value enough to use it as fuel for a prank. Water spirits also don't pay too many taxes (unless the Academagia taxes her, in which case...what?)

Question of my own: Does the dimension in which Schohanwicht resides have a name, at all? I would presume it doesn't for secrecy reasons, but it having one would be nice (if only for forum discussions since "the Schohanwicht School Dimension" is annoying to type...).

He's referring to "how do I quote Metis without my quote block being caught in paz' Negation crossfire?" ;).

Seems like paz altered the space-continium on top of that... wait what is this appendice on my belly... :P

To Free:

3. For some reason I see Icanix uniform being yellow and Kazuz being red. Can't remember why tough.

6. I don't think Shohanwich require any fee to enter the school (note that this is also the case of the Academagia) altough I am sure you have to pay something somehow... .

Free;

I'd think so. :)

Everyone, although there were some exceptions, as Metis noted.

I believe you'll see them for yourself in the future. :)

Abbreviation is probably fine. She would come for you in case 1...maybe bully you in 2. ;)

I'm not sure, but it is more. They would definitely let you in...you can pay tuition and never attend, as you know. ;)

Oh...you believe it's free do you...? Muahahahaha! Isadorbg is thinking correctly...

As Metis noted.

I suspect trash, although it may depend on the person throwing it in.

9. Does the dimension in which Schohanwicht resides have a name, at all? I would presume it doesn't for secrecy reasons, but it having one would be nice (if only for forum discussions since "the Schohanwicht School Dimension" is annoying to type...).

It does have a name, although I don't recall it. :(

I actually see Kazus uniforms as navy blue, with Icanix as maroon.

Edit: Legate posted before me.... :(

5. Holy cow, Contus Y2 tuition will be more than 5000 pims? Jiminy Cricket!

6. I *said* I had a hard time believing it was free. I was merely wondering if a player had been told that certain things may be expected of them.

1. Can you tell us the name of that Pievre All-types-of-Magic-Academy?

2. If a Nation decided to independently decide to repeal the Bans on Gates and Mastery within their borders, what would happen to it?

3. Are there cab services in Mineta? Given the size of the city I'd expect so.

4. Where are executions usually done in Mineta, and are they public spectacles?

5. The Tempation of Gates 'Emotion' strikes me as a person being affected by actually using the magic. Can you tell me if that afflction would occur under even a purely academic knowledge of Gates?

6. Theoretically, could self-Mastery be used to control this Gates-Maddening? (I could just imagine what would happen if a student was caught actually doing this, lol)

7. Are there wands that are so tuned to a specific pillar that they cannot cast a spell from another?

Funny, I've always imagined Icanicix as yellow and Kazus as (another) shade of dark green.

2. If a Nation decided to independently decide to repeal the Bans on Gates and Mastery within their borders, what would happen to it?

5. The Tempation of Gates 'Emotion' strikes me as a person being affected by actually using the magic. Can you tell me if that afflction would occur under even a purely academic knowledge of Gates?

6. Theoretically, could self-Mastery be used to control this Gates-Maddening? (I could just imagine what would happen if a student was caught actually doing this, lol)

7. Are there wands that are so tuned to a specific pillar that they cannot cast a spell from another?

2. Diplomatic isolation, particularly if they unbanned Mastery. After that whichever nation decides they shouldn't have done that will send a few spies to perform a few false flags operations, go to war with that as justification, and either they win and restore the status-qua(?) under their "clear and benevolent rule" or everyone gets crushed because the untrained army of Gates wizards pulled a Dragon out of a Chaos Factor magic hat.

3. I'd expect so.

4. I imagine they wouldn't be too public, probably don't want to have a six year old suddenly show up and witness a person getting his head chopped off. If Mineta has a walled-off prison with a courtyard I imagine executions take place either in it or a basement-like room specifically designed for executions. If there's no such prisons than either the basement or in public, either on a platform build on a large intersection or dead end street.

5. I don't see why someone reading about all these wonderful toys wouldn't be tempted to use them.

6. Mastery is the school for exerting mental control, so yes, I imagine so.

7. I can't think of any two schools that are so naturally opposed that aligning a wand with one would exclude you from using the other.

isadorbg;

for 1 I don't think it was ever given a name. (at least we didn't hear it.)

metis;

for 5 I think it's obvious that you haven't read that 'emotion' hehe. "There are hundreds of paths that nobody sees. But you do. There are thousands of little voices that nobody hears. But you do. Sometimes you take a path that isn't there, or talk to someone that doesn't exist. Sometimes you don't notice. Sometimes others do."

for 6 I don't know if the effect is mental or related to Gates magic which Mastery may not have any control over.

Free;

I don't recall, but I'll see if I can get the answer.

There would certainly be war, and probably sooner rather than later.

Yes.

They are sometimes, especially for high crimes. There are several places where these are held, and most are in the Lower City.

Who can say? :)

I cannot comment. ;)

Yes, although it's fairly uncommon. It doesn't have anything to do with opposition Pillars, just the construction and materials of the Wand.