Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

4. I imagine they wouldn't be too public, probably don't want to have a six year old suddenly show up and witness a person getting his head chopped off. If Mineta has a walled-off prison with a courtyard I imagine executions take place either in it or a basement-like room specifically designed for executions. If there's no such prisons than either the basement or in public, either on a platform build on a large intersection or dead end street.

I'd expect the reverse based on history, executions were major public entertainment and children in particular are invited as it is seen as both entertaining and educational - you want the children to grow up honest right? We may blink at the idea of people selling toffee apples, beer, etc to the crowd, or the idea that people pushed to be at the front so they could enjoy the full splatter effect, but entertainment was scarce for the poor back in the old days, heck even nowadays you have executions held before football matches in some countries. I never understand people who want to live in the past :unsure:

I'd expect the reverse based on history, executions were major public entertainment and children in particular are invited as it is seen as both entertaining and educational - you want the children to grow up honest right? We may blink at the idea of people selling toffee apples, beer, etc to the crowd, or the idea that people pushed to be at the front so they could enjoy the full splatter effect, but entertainment was scarce for the poor back in the old days, heck even nowadays you have executions held before football matches in some countries. I never understand people who want to live in the past :unsure:

True, though I think the difference is that in Mineta a single individual can have the power of an army. Or an actual army, in case of Gates magic. Also, when people talk about "the past" they generally don't say "Europe was so much better during the Black Death epidemic". Or whatever it was called. It wasn't a war so I don't think my history classes gave it more than a passing mention.

1) Will it be possible for Students living in a other region then Mineta to arrive earlier so that they can refresh their relationship with some Regent and the Headmaster before they have to fill the application for year 2?

2) Is the player char be able to bring fame back to Astrology?

3) .... even if (s)he is not from Avila?

old unanswered question

4) Is this strictly supervised requirement for all Sync sub skills or only for Mental Bridging? I wondering because the 3 other SS sound more like difficult self-control or mental skills then like magic

5) If my char have i.e. Academy: Chameil School, Heritage: Staadan, no Family: The Secret Heritage and enough wealth can he learn at the Academy trough the summer break?

Schwarzbart;

1) Will it be possible for Students living in a other region then Mineta to arrive earlier so that they can refresh their relationship with some Regent and the Headmaster before they have to fill the application for year 2?

It is possible to arrive a little early, yes.

2) Is the player char be able to bring fame back to Astrology?

Not in Y2.

3) .... even if (s)he is not from Avila?

Same! :)

4) Is this strictly supervised requirement for all Sync sub skills or only for Mental Bridging? I wondering because the 3 other SS sound more like difficult self-control or mental skills then like magic

It seems to be only for Mental Bridging.

5) If my char have i.e. Academy: Chameil School, Heritage: Staadan, no Family: The Secret Heritage and enough wealth can he learn at the Academy trough the summer break?

No, you will be in Staade, unfortunately.

1) Chameil School is in Staade to my knowledge so it would suite if the player can visit this academy. That's why I asked if the player can visit it.

next old questions:

2) Do a Artificer need the knowledge of spell magic or do he just need the knowledge of the Pheme and how to work the Pallete into a item? For the game my question comes down if a Artificer need to study the basics of the spell magic or if it is enough if he learn the necessary pheme. (Only got a speculation as answer)

3) Can we get info about the prerequisite from year 2 classes that have 2 or more prerequisites?

4) Can you share some common historical year 5 focus for each College?

5) What familiars can speak the human language and what familiars might be able to learn speaking it with enough teaching?

It seems to be only for Mental Bridging.

Makes sense, but per current game mechanics that would still give someone the skill unlocks of Sync itself. Speaking of, is that mechanic still present in Y2?

continuing from Schwarzbart's old questions

6. Is there danger of Revision studies falling into Gates, like Glamour can fall into Mastery if you cross a line.

7. I've noticed that several lores based on Proscribed arts that are snippits from what appear to be published works, also were published during the time of the recent proscriptions. I am mildly crurious, therefore, if such works should be assumed to have been written by underground authors, or is there a tolerance for Mastery and Gates in the context of historical knowledge?

Schwarzbart;

Hmmm...you know, you are right. That may be an oversight in my test, but I'll ask.

2) Do a Artificer need the knowledge of spell magic or do he just need the knowledge of the Pheme and how to work the Pallete into a item? For the game my question comes down if a Artificer need to study the basics of the spell magic or if it is enough if he learn the necessary pheme. (Only got a speculation as answer)

Spell magic is confirmed.

3) Can we get info about the prerequisite from year 2 classes that have 2 or more prerequisites?

I'll ask again. :)

4) Can you share some common historical year 5 focus for each College?

Let me ask the Team.

5) What familiars can speak the human language and what familiars might be able to learn speaking it with enough teaching?

Alas, still no answer! ;)

6. Is there danger of Revision studies falling into Gates, like Glamour can fall into Mastery if you cross a line.

No comment...

7. I've noticed that several lores based on Proscribed arts that are snippits from what appear to be published works, also were published during the time of the recent proscriptions. I am mildly crurious, therefore, if such works should be assumed to have been written by underground authors, or is there a tolerance for Mastery and Gates in the context of historical knowledge?

Underground authors, primarily.

Metis;

For your question, essentially yes.

1. As I played through the summer months, I became curious of the summer holidays. Could you tell us a bit about them so I can take my mind off the fact I still don't have Y2?

2. Can you explain how the Dragon herald tricked durand? I don't think that makes sense to me, but the ater results of which were that he was basically cursed to wander forever, right?

3. How fast was the Exile? Did the islands raise up in hours? how long before the islands settled and didn't crash into one another so often?

4. If the exile was designed as a way for the Dragons to escape humanity, were all the islands that were raised under draconic rule at the time? (and so took the new gods to truly free what was left of "Elumia"?

5. Did most people at the time of the exile speak Elumian? (The old version, not Renaglian) Or something else?

6. Since the events of the adventure "miles to go" are mindblowing to most, can you enlghten us on what is commonly taught regarding those events publically, if anything?

7. What are considered when "The Calamites" (plural) is spoken. All I can think of is the Fall (literally, ha) of Monteon, and maybe it marks the beginning of the decline of the Empire, but is that really all?

8. Where is the safest place to observe the Moneon Malestrom personally? Where is it centered?

9. So, how has Sommavale avoided being conquered by dragons depite being on the wrong side of the Wall? (It seems like such a nice staging point, too.)

10. Regarding the Venalicium, why hasn't it 'absorbed' the lesser libraries of Longshade or Mantele by aquiring the books in good shape? Lack of space?

11. Although some backgrounds already give ample reason why the Academagia chose to acccept a player's application, *cough* Rich Nobles *cough* Will we who have more vague backgrounds have a reason also?

3. How fast was the Exile? Did the islands raise up in hours? how long before the islands settled and didn't crash into one another so often?

6. Since the events of the adventure "miles to go" are mindblowing to most, can you enlghten us on what is commonly taught regarding those events publically, if anything?

8. Where is the safest place to observe the Moneon Malestrom personally? Where is it centered?

10. Regarding the Venalicium, why hasn't it 'absorbed' the lesser libraries of Longshade or Mantele by aquiring the books in good shape? Lack of space?

11. Although some backgrounds already give ample reason why the Academagia chose to acccept a player's application, *cough* Rich Nobles *cough* Will we who have more vague backgrounds have a reason also?

3. I imagine it was at least fast enough to see clear movement with just a naked eye. I can't imagine that the process was so slow that a few families living on what would become floating islands ended up packing their bags and just climbing down onto the surface with just a ladder a day after the event started.

6. I personally imagine that human history books have greatly glorified their own part in those events, and played down the werewolves like side character minions to the Triad. Tragic ones, seeing their "curse" and undeniably cruel masters, but supposedly insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

8. From within an observatory build on top of a mountain/hill that is equipped with a very high-powered telescope. At least I imagine that a large, though immobile telescope at a distance has a higher visibility/safety ratio than trying to get in closer with a portable, though significantly weaker telescope.

10. Either the librarians assume that the books they could salvage are too worn and old to be of use (Longshade), or it's because the Venalicium is designed to only house information students need to learn for their homework and exams and adding in a bunch of specialized junk would just confuse the poor and struggling first years (Mantle of Stars). It would explain why the Venalicium is the only library that hands out Study levels rather than actual skill steps.

11. The PC wouldn't have been accepted if there weren't a reason. And if that reason isn't immediately obvious, well, Astrology is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Free;

1. As I played through the summer months, I became curious of the summer holidays. Could you tell us a bit about them so I can take my mind off the fact I still don't have Y2?

Hmmm, I don't think there is any information easily provideable, but I'll see. :)

2. Can you explain how the Dragon herald tricked durand? I don't think that makes sense to me, but the ater results of which were that he was basically cursed to wander forever, right?

[Redacted]

Amongst the surviving accounts, it seems to have raised up very quickly; the islands did not settle for years, if not decades.

4. If the exile was designed as a way for the Dragons to escape humanity, were all the islands that were raised under draconic rule at the time? (and so took the new gods to truly free what was left of "Elumia"?

No, many lands were under human rule.

5. Did most people at the time of the exile speak Elumian? (The old version, not Renaglian) Or something else?

Several other languages, all now mostly dead.

No comment. :)

7. What are considered when "The Calamites" (plural) is spoken. All I can think of is the Fall (literally, ha) of Monteon, and maybe it marks the beginning of the decline of the Empire, but is that really all?

Not all, but that's the origin of it all.

There is no specific place that is safe to observe it; the winds are very chaotic near there. It is centered on the old capital.

9. So, how has Sommavale avoided being conquered by dragons depite being on the wrong side of the Wall? (It seems like such a nice staging point, too.)

Good question. :)

Different endowments, archaic rules and space.

As Metis noted, there is *always* a reason! :)

1) Are there some Students where the tuition is hold back till (s)he can work and pay it back or is it complete free for the player chars where the parents can't or refuse to pay?

2) Will the students where no one from the family pay the tuition have to assist the professor in later years to work of the tuition?

Schwarzbart;

1) Are there some Students where the tuition is hold back till (s)he can work and pay it back or is it complete free for the player chars where the parents can't or refuse to pay?

It would be amazing if you had to repay the tuition! However, I don't think that's in Y2.

2) Will the students where no one from the family pay the tuition have to assist the professor in later years to work of the tuition?

That would be cool, but as above. :(

Bit late, but here's a another old question that's gone unanswered for a bit:

Who is the owner of the old leather bag, and does it have any significance? In my Y2 WIP I typed it as actually being Rain's bag, but the team might have other plans, so I don't know. BTW, if my interpretation of the bag has credence to it that completely meaningless bag mentioned in passing only once is why I can perfectly accept Nhordum botching an Enchant roll even though he could, in theory, have taken like fifteen seconds to cast a few Enhance-loaded 6th Fingers and end up with a triple digit Enchant Roll (he was enrolled in both Revision and Enchant, so he doubtlessly has both). Nhordum is as chill and unmoving as a glacier, so even in that situation it'd be odd for him to forget something important, but having possession of Rain's bag in that situation would unquestionably break even his concentration.

Further context in the actual post, since the forum doesn't like quotes in quotes. Or quotes in general.

BTW, any word on what happened to paz? Looking back through the topic it's incredible obvious that all his posts vanished.

To my knowledge if someone delete their account under this forum software everything is gone that the user ever provided.

That's what I thought at first but the account is still there: http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?app=members&module=list&showall=0&sort_key=members_display_name&sort_order=asc&max_results=20&quickjump=P&name_box=begins&name=P&st=20