Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Schwarzbart;

It's a Geasa, I think, they use for control. Still Mastery-ish, though.

Free;

1. If the Previous Legate of the Academagia was a practicer of Mastery, can you reveal how he finally got discovered? From what I can tell, it was not a major secret at least around campus.

The story isn't known...;)

2. Although Avila was Girls only, was in still possible to do what Malacresta is doing? (taking the classes without being in the college)

It's possible.

3. What was the reason for letting boys into avila, anyway?

A Student was able to lobby for the change. I believe you'll learn about that in Y2.

4. When Kazus and Ickanix became locked up and disbanded, did any classes that they taught fall into another college? (Obviously not the pillar classes)

Yes.

5. If an old anti-Mastery Negation ward were in place somewhere, should that send warning flags?

Who knows? :)

While I enjoy reading the modtools, I prefer the vanilla game. I do have an interesting idea for a mod though, that of a low quality yet thorough hackjob entitled "The Acadechesia."

While the concept is relatively simple, it would take far too much effort since it would involve editing just about every entry to fit the theme of "A school designed entirely around the making and consumption of cheese, situated on the peak of mount Dairy Air."

I even framed it as a completely phony story Miya Hikari would tell the kids at the Academagia, based entirely on the Academagia itself, so it would have legit roots in the base game, too. Maybe I'll even make it should I get sufficiently bored after the last Y1 modtools come out.

PS. Legate, Please tell us the class information for Y2. I'm probably going to pester you about it every day now until you cough up the info... Or tell me to stop. Fair warning...

Can you tell us if it's held back because it's not yet finalized? I imagine that's why it's guarded, since it's not like we won't find out later anyway.

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1274&p=24881

Ah, it's a nice and shiny new day! (Except where I am where it's cold wet and rainy, but meh)

Legate! Please get authorization from the Team to tell us class info! :)

Now, on to my questions:

1. Are there any meatatarian students in the Academagia?

2. Are the vegetarian students pure vegans? Or do they eat dairy goods and other animal byproducts?

3. How combat capable is a character who has 10 in all pillars compared to someone who wasn't half as good but had the elemental warrior training?

4. Is Avila's tower #8 leaning in a direction where it is threatening to fall on another building?

5. Although Oan says no dragon flights have made it past the wall in Centuries, have they made it past the wall prior to that?

6. Are Regents chosen once there is a vacancy, or can one petition for a forceful replacement? (Assuming the person being replaced hasn't had their reputation besmirched by an ambitious professor...)

7. Can Gates magic "open the door to a person's heart?" (That would technically qualify as a gate, too....)

8. Do professor have contracts for employment?

9. Say 8 or so mages cast a spell together. Could one mage undo it alone if very powerful and had prepared for it?

10. Do discussions/debates on unbanning Mastery happen as often as Gates?

11. Holy crap! I just realized this! Professor Strom was "caught" trading in certain artifacts, and in the main story Legate orsi supposedly paid somebody to obtain an artifact! Are these things connected?

1. With how many students there are chances are there's at least one.

2. Depends on the student, though I imagine at least Girars goes full vegan as much as possible.

3. Depends mostly on the situation. Someone with 10 is all pillars could do things the amateur (as much as an amateur as an Elemental Warrior apprentice can be, at any rate) couldn't, but place both in a null-magic area and suddenly the EW's physical training matters a whole lot more. And really, when you're fighting wizards where would you want to fight moreso than a null-magic field, if at all possible.

4. If it were I'd imagine the faculty would be slightly more concerned with it, though they probably don't believe it's going to fall at all and do nothing even if it would theoretically fall onto another tower at just the right angle to make that tower fall onto another, and so forth.

5. Presumably, since otherwise she probably would have remarked they never made it past the wall.

6. I imagine you can, though unless you provide a ridiculously amazing reason (probably of the "reputation besmirching" kind) the petition would likely be rejected out of hand.

7. Based on something Paz mentioned (which I'd quote, but, well... <_<) I'd say so, although Mastery is probably more suited for that (since technically "open" doesn't specify how it's opened).

8. Probably, if only for bureaucratic record.

9. Depends on a lot of factors. If eight first years tried to combine their powers to set a building on fire all at once I imagine Mjolnir could rather easily undo that, be it through Negation or through monsoon out of nowhere, whereas first year trying to interfere with a ritual cast by the Legate and the Regents...probably not. Assuming a situation where the wizards are equal it would depend on the spell - a ritual with a weakness could be nicely exploited by a lone wizard, whereas a less error-prone ritual could still be disrupted indirectly. A ritual to set a building on fire isn't going to succeed if you Revise the building into stone, and that doesn't necessarily take more than one person.

10. I imagine not. Few people could imagine a good use for Mastery, whereas teleportation is a clear and obvious boon to even a commoner as the elimination of long-distance travel time and costs would (in theory) make everything cheaper and more easily accessible.

11. As if that question will be anything other than [redacted]. Well, maybe [redacted], but [redacted] or not it's still either [redacted] or [redacted].

3. I'd go with the elemental warrior. For this novice level of magic I would say warrior training is more important than theoretical knowledge especially since 5-10 isn't that big of gap in year 1 (attributes can easily "make up" for the lack of knowledge). Now if you had said half of say 20 it might be different. ;)

7. the M... magic is the one you're looking for ;). probably not far from its S... offshoot. :) Except if you wish to have physical access to the heart that is. :D

9. Of course if he has enough power. I am sure Orsi has enough for more than 8 year 1 student. :P

11. [redacted] you know it, you love it. :)

edit: Ninja'd by Metis. :(

edit2: 6. From what I remember Regents and Legate position are quite fragile and one can be quikly demoted if not carefull. So the forcefull replacement has probably happened more than once not sure for how long it's take to replace one in case of vacancy tough.

You guys know... If I ask a question that is obviously [redacted] there are two reason why I bother to ask. One is to generate discussion amongst us forumites, and the second is to maybe get a reaction out of the legate.

Edit: PS, can anyone help me find the random event that leads you into the professor's lounge to accidently learn Gates stuff? (in the modtools) thanks. I've been trying to find it for a while now.

Free;

1. Are there any meatatarian students in the Academagia?

Hahaha! I don't think exclusively, no. :)

2. Are the vegetarian students pure vegans? Or do they eat dairy goods and other animal byproducts?

No, just vegetarian, I believe. Girars may be an exception, but I doubt even he can be 100%.

3. How combat capable is a character who has 10 in all pillars compared to someone who wasn't half as good but had the elemental warrior training?

It would entirely depend on what the person has learned or practiced! The odds are more in favor of the elemental warrior, though.

4. Is Avila's tower #8 leaning in a direction where it is threatening to fall on another building?

No. :)

5. Although Oan says no dragon flights have made it past the wall in Centuries, have they made it past the wall prior to that?

Yes, although it was rare even then.

6. Are Regents chosen once there is a vacancy, or can one petition for a forceful replacement? (Assuming the person being replaced hasn't had their reputation besmirched by an ambitious professor...)

You can, but you would need a great deal of influence behind you.

7. Can Gates magic "open the door to a person's heart?" (That would technically qualify as a gate, too....)

[Redacted]

8. Do professor have contracts for employment?

Yes.

9. Say 8 or so mages cast a spell together. Could one mage undo it alone if very powerful and had prepared for it?

Yes.

10. Do discussions/debates on unbanning Mastery happen as often as Gates?

No. :)

11. Holy crap! I just realized this! Professor Strom was "caught" trading in certain artifacts, and in the main story Legate orsi supposedly paid somebody to obtain an artifact! Are these things connected?

[Redacted]...but you knew that. :)

So, assuming that I met Stryker this mysterious person dressed head to toe in black, and did a formal inquiry as to who this person was... What would happen?

And if I did an informal silent query with Orsi, also coming forth with details of the scary lady and the encounter between the two of them? (leaving out any mention of Diavesque of course, lol)

If you ask about his appearance in If Hearing Is Believing you'll probably be told nothing more than that he's one of the groundskeepers. Not all of them might make a habit of dressing head to toe in black, but that's one eccentricity I don't think the Legate will mind mentioning.

As for Exploring For The Sake Of... Um... you'd be told you wandered into a Pixie's Glamour, or something like that. Orsi might decide to put you on a watchlist if you mention Morgana/Diavesque, but than going by what Stryker says in If Hearing Is Believing that might not change anything.

It's a new day so I will remind you to please ask the team to authorize the release of the Y2 class data! :)

Legate,

1. Do professors teach more than 1 class? Would Briardi have taught advanced Negation in afternoons after morning introductory classes?

2. Which forms of magic are most commonly used in duels? I imagine incantation is big but perhaps it is a little overestimated because it's so obvious a choice.

3. How often do mages marry? (in comparison to non-mages) and when they do, is it usually to other mages and if so, why?

4. Have there ever been romantic professor-student relations at the Academagia?

5. Does Gates magic generally abide by the same rules as the other pillars? By that I mean, If I cast a Gates spell, it should eventually fade away as all others, right? Assuming I created two skeletons. One with pure Gates, and the other a faux with Incantation. They both should eventually fade, yes? Can you explain the semi-permanent nature that Gates seems to display?

1. I would assume not, but than I can't imagine anyone but Briardi teaching advanced Negation either.

2. I'd say Incantation simply because those who study it more so than any other pillar (and would therefore prefer to use it during a duel) are more likely to cause the kind of trouble that will result in a duel. It's much easier to avoid open conflict if you practice subtle Glamours than if you live by the mantra of "Fire Everywhere".

3. I'd say mages marry less often than non-mages, though when they marry it's usually to other mages. Reason being that mages have to burn incredible amounts of time studying magic, which leaves little time to spend on romance, if it even seems important when you have the alternative option of learning how to drive an entire village insane by stringing a few Phemes together. As for mages marrying other mages, I get the impression that while secrets are kept on a microsecond to microsecond basis, mages do tend to stick together for various reasons, so other mages tend to be who you end up spending time with the most.

4. In all the, what, centuries that the Academagia existed? Probably. Though I doubt record of specific examples remain, at least out in the open where a student could get to it.

5. I thought that Gates only displaced what already existed, so it wouldn't cost anything to maintain the presence of what you summoned. It'd just cost effort to bring something to you and to later send it back. In which case the Gates-summoned skeleton wouldn't disappear, but than you wouldn't really "create" it as you would the Incantation skeleton.

...What? Of course that's all hearsay. I'm not someone who studies illegal magic (by the exact definition of the term "illegal", anyway).

Well, on 5, It's my understanding that one can indeed create skeletons with Gates. You may need to acquire the bones from another source, but yes you shouldn't need to 'summon' anything.

1. Do professors teach more than 1 class? Would Briardi have taught advanced Negation in afternoons after morning introductory classes?

Yes.

2. Which forms of magic are most commonly used in duels? I imagine incantation is big but perhaps it is a little overestimated because it's so obvious a choice.

It would depend on the mage.

3. How often do mages marry? (in comparison to non-mages) and when they do, is it usually to other mages and if so, why?

Frequently. Some mages will not, of course, and in the main less frequently than other professions, but it is common. Having children is a different matter, though...

4. Have there ever been romantic professor-student relations at the Academagia?

If there have, no confirmation exists...

5. Does Gates magic generally abide by the same rules as the other pillars? By that I mean, If I cast a Gates spell, it should eventually fade away as all others, right? Assuming I created two skeletons. One with pure Gates, and the other a faux with Incantation. They both should eventually fade, yes? Can you explain the semi-permanent nature that Gates seems to display?

[Redacted], sadly. But there *may* be something in what Metis wrote. Muahaha!

But if you were going to do that, I think you'd be forced to make a single giant skele-thing out of all the bones, rather than an army. granted the effect of that would probably be more fear inspiring, but....

Edit: Legate, It's a new day so I shall give you a new request to reveal the Y2 class information.