Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I hope there will be no problems for player/content creator who dont watch this politc thing you point out here.

For me its already enough danger that there are Pirats and the Protection against the Dragons is weakening plus we slowly lose some magic trough the destroing of other beeings that there isnt much time/place left for such things like human vs Human wars.

(After I found out about the lost of magic trough the dying out of some races I think I will focus on Morvidus Chars in hope there will a way in theyr storyline to help fixing this problem)

Huh, I think the politics in the background make an interesting point in Academagia content- that the world isn't a bubble. For a child, wars are far away and the only threats that matter are the ones directly in front of you (and the dangers of dragons and flowing water that have been constant bed-time stories), but as the character gets older, I imagine that their viewpoint has to mature, too. The fact that suffering and danger is happening because of things that can't easily be solved- humanity, and it's nature- makes for a more interesting challenge for a mage. It's easy to say 'pirates are bad, because they steal, so we should try and arrest them all'- it's harder to look at two war-torn countries and make a similar judgement. What you do with ultimate power is just as important as getting ultimate power, IMO. I hope in the years to come, the politics of the different nations hit the Academagia and hit them hard. >.>

On the wars kick, what is the Brother's War happening over in Medinei? Sounds civil (...warish, not civil as in well-mannered).

And I suppose I should ask about the last one... what (was?) the Pashate of Khaifa doing warring with the Pashate of Saisyne? The Pashate of Saisyne sounds rather frightening. >.>

It is a civil war, of a most genteel kind. Perhaps, more of a war of words. Two brothers, both loved by the people, both good rules, and both with good claims to the throne co-rule. The Brother's War is prosecuted by bands of zealous peasants, raiding and burning out the supports of the other. So far, the brothers have been powerless to stop this.

The Pasha of Khaifa is an ambitious raider/pirate who seems to be gambling on the fact that the Pasha of Saisyne doesn't really *rule*, and could lash out at, well, anyone. :)

Thank you for the answers. :)

One thing I'm wondering... this is sort of an in and out of game question, I think. Your character can choose the Heritage backgrounds. I assume (and we know what assuming does) that if one chooses Heritage: Staade, ones character is from the Duchy of Staade. Heritage: Renaglian likely means your character is from Mineta. I guess that Heritage: Merilien means you're from Compagine de Meril, but that's mostly just because it has 'Meril' directly in the name. If you choose Heritage: Strozzan or Heritage: Auncish, is there a specific place your character is from?

I know it's been mentioned that characters who didn't make other choices will spend their summer in Mineta. Will characters who chose other Heritage backgrounds spend their summers in the other countries, or is heritage used in this case to mean 'you come from people who once were from there', and everyone lives in Mineta? I imagine that would certainly be easier, programming-wise, if nothing else, though it would be fun to see more of the world.

Is there any chance of you adding Heritage backgrounds to all the other lovely places that have been mentioned? :3

Just to check- is the island of the Pasha of Khaifa part of Oursouk? I assume so, because of the Pasha and you didn't correct me when I assumed above, but figured I'd make sure.

Would it be possible to chose? Say, you're buying a ticket to the place of your heritage and go to the slums of *insert name of city of choice* or your father is the Duke of *add name of important region that you want* ?

And if your character is a Black Sheep but wealthy, noble, lordish...would they still have to do chores?

All this talk about what's going to happen in later years makes me want Year Two to come out even more.

Is there a general name for all the islands which are floating? I imagine that if we had floating islands that couldn't join the remainder of the Earth that they would get a seperate name... It's been nagging me for a while but I never actually picked up the curage to ask.

The floating islands of Elumia are called the Azhiamas, IIRC, but I don't know if there's a term for all floating islands everywhere. Hm. Good question.

In Oursouk, what Gods are worshiped/religion is followed? Have students from Oursouk been permitted in to the Academagia?

Azhiamas is actually the name given to all the floating islands, not just the Elumian ones.

Oursouk is a patchwork quilt of Old Gods and also Dragon worship. The strongest of the Old Gods there would be Aizah, Darsour and Tash-Har. Plenty of Oursoukan Students were formerly admitted to the Academagia, but none since the Cataclysm. A (very) few now come from Vittoria, since those isles were conquered.

Interesting!

Where and what is Saisyne? I presume to the south of Oursouk, though that's just a guess. Is it part of the Teique Sultanate as well, or something completely different?

Where did the language of Oncestrian come from? Is there any places where it's still the native tongue?

...One thing that came in mind, as yet another character of mine claimed the Sword of Kush, what are the rules for weapons in the Academagia? In Renate's background, I made up that they had to be peace-bound while on campus unless directly using them (upper-classmen fencing, or in duels, I guess), but it occurs to me that it would be better to just ask rather then making things up. The Sword of Kush is no harder to conceal and no more illegal then chocolate cookies, for instance, so I wonder how much they're allowed and if there are places they're outright forbidden.

Mikka;

Saisyne is almost synonymous with Oursouk, except that it describes the 'mainland' portion.

The language of the Oncestrians arose from the fusion of the languages spoken in that region during the Exile, and out of necessity. As such is a somewhat artificial tongue, but it is spoken more or less natively throughout Auncesay, albeit with many regional variations.

You are correct- weapons must be peace bound, and, in general, you must have a patent to carry them (although this is rarely observed). As usual, as long as you don't bother the Instructors, they tend to turn a blind eye. :)

I just found the Clique Names Defination for Students. Now I am wondering what hapens if the Player already fould a Clique with this Name bevore the NPC starts his own Clique? Will then the name of the other Char used or will there sudenly 2 Clique with the same name? I ask because there is only one Clique Name defined per Student.

How exactly does the Geas cast when it comes to dueling work? Is the spell cast when the challenge is declared, the duel is started, or the or at the end of the duel? What sort of phemes does it use? How exactly is it not a Mastery spell? How does it prevent someone under it from bullying the person they won/lost to- are then unable to think about it, do their limbs freeze when they try, does it cause pain...?