Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

100 pims a week would devastate most familliar owners. At the same time, there are a lot of canons out there where, X creature eats jewels, or other precious materials to maintain it's power. We could probably have a familliar that does that here, it would have to be worth it though, otherwise, I'm pretty certain I'd hit re-roll before I went bankrupt and my lil buggers never-ending appetite.

Nyaa put them into the Suggestion Thread

Posted to suggestion.

100 pims a week would devastate most familliar owners.

Sorry, that suppose to be 50 pims a week and I thought of 100 pims a month instead but it would be too easy, so I switch back without changing the value.

I guess a creature like mimic would have to eat jewels and randomly poop Pop out some random item every week. The item value will double every year and will give out legendary item in year 5 at the rate of two items per year.

That would be awesome Nyaa. A mini-mimic. Maybe tell it to go 'chew' on other people's stuff too. "Your familliar ate my homework! ...And my bed. My books. All of my clothes..." Though to be honest, I was thinking of something more like a phoenix (who smoke precious incense and myrrh), or something of that variety... ...But a mimic familliar. Oh yeah I can see all sorts of fun with that!

And now that I think about it, a blood/essence drinking familliar, or a piece of gear that does the same. That could be amusing too from a RP perspective.

A lore manual would be kind of neat. There are loads I (we?) don't know (or haven't discovered - I really should read those relationship notes...), like notable people, political situation, so and such. This thread is somewhat of a lore-on-the-ask thread though (or at least I use it as such ;)).

I still feel stupid of asking some of the "basic" stuff, but meh, its the internet (mehehe ;)), so feel free to be stupid with me.

Still, a basic lore manual would be wonderful. A big bit of the lore I've read in one game will be half-forgotten in the next (especially as I am a bit fickle with my dedication to games (and house chores, sigh...)) - so a basic lore manual would be very welcome!

Rearguardless (it's late and dry humor - sorry) Legate, sorry if it sounds insisting but you missed one of my former questions: Are the islands "set in stone" in regard to each other, and could the smaller islands orbit larger islands?

Also, the map drawn by Sapiento of Elumia (and the other states in the near area), would it be wrong of me to assume that the further south you go the warmer and increasingly arid? (Perhaps reaching a peak around the pashate of Saisyne (almost as far south as the map shows).

Also (sorry for the dull continuation), speaking of stupid questions, there was built a wall at some point in history (I forget names easily - sorry!) to ward off the dragons... Errgh, how to say it without getting fireballed, how does a wall help against giant flying lizards breathing fire? Is the wall dome-ish (and in such case I assume magic is the main ingridient)?

aaaalso (sigh, yeah, sorry!), can you speak with familiars, or is it just some semi-quasi-nearly understanding on a more heart-to-heart kind of thing? Or is it just very varied from familiar to familiar and student to student? (I couldn't speak with my little dragon but understood it to a certain degree), yet other students seem to get along quite a bit easier with their familiars.

[next question, but in continuation] Could more experienced wizards speak to other wizards' familiars?

[insert a witty ending remark of your choice]

Adrian;

Ah, sorry- missed that one. Islands are set in stone with relation to one another; but they drift very widely over the surface of Cyve, below.

That is correct- there is relatively little water in Oursouk.

The Wall functions in two ways: firstly, it is a 'convenient' rest stop for Dragons along the Winds of Embers. After thousands of miles flying without rest, every Dragon to date has determined to rest upon the parapets of the Wall when it first finds it on its way. The second is that it contains an enchantment to enervate these beasts; making them more weary and in some cases binding or restricting flight. The method for this has been lost, although Vernin...well...enough said. :)

It's varied: some Familiars can speak, other can be just be sensed. Other Wizards may certainly speak to any other Familiar, if it chooses to talk to them.

89157Z;

It's hard to say why. The Imperial Temple maintains that the Wall, first built by the New Gods, was made to be irresistible to their kind. Others hold that it is simple arrogance or inexperience, the Dragons being fractious at best. Still others point to the fact that no Dragon has yet returned to the Onyx Isles, having taken the Current of Embers to the Wall, and therefore no credible report may have been returned to the Emperor regarding its dangers.

The truth may be different than any of these...:)

I should add a little extra tidbit- although Elumia is connected to several other archipelagos stretching eastward on the north and south side, and although these areas are, or have been, ruled by Sakkanaks in the past, the Dragons have never mounted any serious attempt to invade via these (much more easy) routes. These lands are mostly unknown to Elumia, although Renaglian merchants (in particular) have been trading along the southern isles for several centuries, and even have a few trading posts and conquered isles to their names.

While we got a great topic, I just wanted to be sure (or rather corrected) the onyx islands are to the east right? The line going from Trove to Calamina being the wall? - or should I start paying attention to my history classes and stop guessing at random? :blush:

Score one for flawed logic! (+1 SS in Pure Luck)

Just two small questions:

Where is the infermary located? (locally in the Academagia) - I'm guessing the main building, but I thought I'd make sure.

When casting a spell, you summon a Palette, inscribe borders and then phemes? (possibly speaking some fancy wording) - would that be right? Did I miss something, anything to be mindful off or interesting comments that should (could) be added?