Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

alright, so, I was wondering if there was anything in lore to support this.. or if I could have the liberty to write it into the lore.

Basically, I want to mention a (relatively minor) alignment between two planets (not Cyve) and the sun. I would like this particular alignment (between any planets.. it doesn't matter which) to be associated with cooperation and/or finding things. This is the theme of the adventure I'm writing (although with Mr. pebbles It's almost a parody.) and I would like to know if this is okay, or if there are any specific rules that I need to be aware of for this.

Question: I'm attempting to think up a situational-based prank on a student. Would it be reasonable to expect a mundane plant like poison ivy to exist near the edges of the athletic fields? Are the groundskeepers just on top of all that?

It is much harder to write a full adventure than a one off event, but I'm slowly getting there! ;)

Once I'm done with adventure #1 I'll post what I have for critique and then focus on #2.

So long story short, Imagine that there was an item of great value somewhere, and furthermore, imagine that this item was being sought after by a large quantity of students.

Now imagine that you are the only person who knows that this coin was there and you needed to prevent people from seeing you aquire it. (lest they aquire it from you.)

Now imagine that just by just by heading in that direction, the possiblility arises that someone will catch on to what you are doing.

The spell I'm thinking of to get around this would prevent anybody from noticing you. ie, even if you were standing right in front of a tree you burnt down and people extinguished the remains two feet away, they wouldn't notice you. Not just invisibility, but all senses. I'm dealing with pesky familiars and super-keen senses here.

Is that glammour, or mastery?

Edit, I imagine that both could do this, but, I guess I'm trying to establish in my mind what would be the difference?

freespace;

As you intuit, both could do this. Glamour does this by altering how you are perceived. Mastery accomplishes the same thing by forcibly controlling another's mind to not notice you. Glamour is definitely the easier of the two, but still difficult, especially depending on the number of people involved.

I get that, but how does one alter perception to no perception? I guess I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head on this. I want to have a morally ambiguous mastery exit on the adventure step I'm writing, but on the glammour issue, I can see changing superficial appearance of hair color, and the mastery side of controling people to not perceive you is clear, but I guess my question, refined is:

how can one merely alter perception so that you are not perceived at all?

To me it seems not possible to alter something to nothingness. I know it is glammour and superficial, but could you revise an apple to nothingness? Perception is still something, how do you remove it? Are you following me? It seems to me that if it is removed completely then it must be mastery.

Ugh... magic foundation lessons... :(

At least it should provide good conversation and insight into mastery/glammour relationship

Freespace;

Well, you are not actually altering perception to see nothing at all, you are instead altering perception what an object seems to be- you could make yourself seem to be another person, or an object in the terrain, or without visible form. There are more advanced glamours which deal with concepts, too- you could seem to be 'unimportant', which is almost as good as invisibility.

There are several ways to approach the problem- but you are not without existence in any of them. :)

Brain.... Hurts....

Basically, Mastery (in this case)deals with actually changing a person's perception of you, even removing it

Glammour deals with only illusions on an object(in this case)-not actual perception, and thus such illusions can be seen (or not seen) by everyone off the bat as opposed to mastering each individual individually. makes sense. They're actually seeing nothing, as opposed to thinking that they see nothing. I also understand why in this case glammour would be quite easier too.

But now you've opened up another box, how does one "seem" to be unimportant? You give yourself an illusion that gives off an aura of unimportance? it changes body language? Concepts!? ARGH!

I can grasp the overall concept of glammour, but...

I'm gonna lay down now....

how does one "seem" to be unimportant? You give yourself an illusion that gives off an aura of unimportance? it changes body language? Concepts!? ARGH!

I can grasp the overall concept of glammour, but...

To put it at its basic level and ignoring the advance level where it covers in more conceptual/multi-aspects ground:

Mastery control/affect the brain/mind/consciousness to Internally make the person think/feel that you are an unimportant person. It force the person to believing that you are unimportant.

Glammour tries to tricks the mental/five-senses with illusion externally with false imagery/sensory like making you less standout, normal looking, etc to make the person think/feel you are unimportant. It tricks the person into believing that you seems to be unimportant.

Edit: The Theory of Glamour SL V mention "Muslim countries", so is there other real life religions too?

It does say muslim countries. I can understand the overall picture of glammour, but it annoys me to not understand the innerworkings of something. I suppose by actually seeing and using it in context, should clear it up in year 2.

In the meantime I need to rewrite part of that adventure.