Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Do we really need Games, PCs that can do more then Office, Smartphones etc.? No we don't need them but they make the world more enjoyable so stop asking such stupid question if a High end computer is really needed to play a game like Academagia. We know its a luxury problem but without such things there no advancement and telling people they should buy a smaller monitor just to play game X or Y don't help at all especial when the trend is that more and more people have this kind of big monitors.

If I ever won the lottery (I don't even play, tho) I'd start up a company focused on making retro styled games. I'm of the opinion that the more sophisticated games are, the less effort is spent on actually making them creatively. All this focus on 'more more more' doesn't necessarily make for a more enjoyable experience. There's definitely a point of diminishing gain, and I think that's why a lot of the current game consoles haven't been quite as successful as past one. It's why I respect Nintendo so much.

Do we really need Games, PCs that can do more then Office, Smartphones etc.? No we don't need them but they make the world more enjoyable so stop asking such stupid question if a High end computer is really needed to play a game like Academagia. We know its a luxury problem but without such things there no advancement and telling people they should buy a smaller monitor just to play game X or Y don't help at all especial when the trend is that more and more people have this kind of big monitors.

Eh...I'm pretty sure there's a practical limit to how much even the DLC 17 UI and especially the (low res) location images can be stretched before it starts to look worse than it does on lower resolutions. And I'm pretty sure that if not 4K than 8K is past that limit.

Looks like my question did go down the drain because of the discussion so here again:

Posted Today, 07:11 AM

Is someone testing the new UI on 4k Displays? I wondering because we already got 2 support request with this high resolution and could only tell them to lower their setting to play Academagia.

Yes it probably means Academagia need to have 1280x800 (or was it 1024x768?), 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 as optimal Screen Size for the new UI

1) Can Spell like Change Opinion or Weasel Words that change the relationship with a other person also be used if the traget is not nearby i.e. during the summer holiday?

2) Have Revision magic also mind affecting spells that let someone forget about specific things? Or are the people that official study Syncronicity be tasked to do that to the people stumble on the Change Pheme?

3) How is it simulated that we are not supposed to use magic during the summer break? Do the school take the wand so that we need to use one we got later or have spell a CoD during the summer break?

Any news on some old questions from me?

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

4) How long is it back that the last Professor, Regent or Legate got killed while working for the Academagia?

5) How common is it that one of the Academagia faculty got killed?

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

6) Is there a known place that teach Arithmancy and will we give the option to learn it during our 5 years at Academagia even if not at the Academy it self?

I think this one from Freespace also still is not answered

7) What are the speed records for airships that A: Only rely on natural wind, B: Rely on steam (and maybe wind too, if they can get away with it), and C: Magically augmented speeds (probably the Red Ship).

Schwarzbart;

1) Can Spell like Change Opinion or Weasel Words that change the relationship with a other person also be used if the traget is not nearby i.e. during the summer holiday?

No.

2) Have Revision magic also mind affecting spells that let someone forget about specific things? Or are the people that official study Syncronicity be tasked to do that to the people stumble on the Change Pheme?

It's theorized that it could be done with Revision, but it's beyond magical knowledge as to how in the present day.

3) How is it simulated that we are not supposed to use magic during the summer break? Do the school take the wand so that we need to use one we got later or have spell a CoD during the summer break?

Neither. You are on your honor...some places more so than others. :)

4) How long is it back that the last Professor, Regent or Legate got killed while working for the Academagia?

5) How common is it that one of the Academagia faculty got killed?

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

6) Is there a known place that teach Arithmancy and will we give the option to learn it during our 5 years at Academagia even if not at the Academy it self?

I think this one from Freespace also still is not answered

7) What are the speed records for airships that A: Only rely on natural wind, B: Rely on steam (and maybe wind too, if they can get away with it), and C: Magically augmented speeds (probably the Red Ship).

I will bump these! :)

1) Will year 2 event be able to open a shop where the player can decide what to buy to simulate temporary or wandering shops?

2) Maybe it was asked already but I current wondering where the water comes from for the rain? Is all the water that is falling down collected to become clouds instead of going to the mater-fountain?

3) Are there clouds below isle level?

A chateaux with a sizeable settlement nearby? After all how would Catherine get her fancy dresses and stuff...unless she gets them on special order from Meril or other places. That and most of the wealthy Chateauxes have prosperous towns nearby.