Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Schwarzbart;

It begins with basic Palettes, but as you become more advanced, it does specialize, yes. :)

Free;

For those of you that want to get ahead, of course!

Now I'm confused! Do that mean that a single College will have Basic Palettes as Class skill but later on this Basic Palettes is needed for all 4 or 5 Basic Magic to learn the Advanced Palettes of their School? Wouldn't that cripple all the spellcasting focused college except the one that teach the Basic Palettes?

That why I thought each College except maybe Aranaz will teach their own form of Palettes.

To be truthful, that was already answered some time ago.

But if we really were allowed to get ahead, we wouldn't be limited to a skill level of 10-11, right? ;)

On the subject of all of the omni-disciplinarianism, I get that later on taking classes will focus on more narrow subjects, as opposed to basic incantation which is a very broad if undoubtedly not especially deep subject. Since the number of classes we can take is finite, I was wondering if a student could forgo taking classes on Y2 variants of the pillar classes, and instead focus on classes like enspell or palettes, that aren't tied to one specific pillar, or are we going to find that the practictioners of the various pillars have tweaked the basics for these fields to the point where you would have to learn them seperately one at a time?

How much overlap would there be between say, Incantation Palettes, and Negation Palettes?

Schwarzbart;

The current Palettes skill is more general and foundational- but you are correct in thinking that each of the Pillars does have its own, more specialized, Skill for Palettes.

Free;

There would be some, but not a great deal, since this is about optimization. You could stay in the generalist area, of course, within the parameters of your College's required Classes. ;)