Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Speaking of deities or other supernatural creatures. How would the other students view someone of a completely different religious faith. Suspicion? Outright contempt? (I assume from the insanely devout.)

I wonder if Star Worship would be accepted considering that Astrology is accepted in Elumia. I guess unless the faith also praise dragons it would be allowed. Having the Sun personified as the antichrist would be hilarious though considering that people would be like: How could the sun be evil?

Metis;

No. The Dragons serve admirably as a proxy. ;)

Ascartand;

In general, suspicion, enmity or pity. All other religions are considered to be under draconic influence, barring the worship of the Old Gods. The Imperial Temple holds that it was the Old Gods who gave the New their powers, and left this world, so their worship is at best deluded.

Can anyone confirm for me that in the new version of the game you can add a functional Stress Bonus to an Ability up to your Stress Maximum? I seem to be amid some conflicting information here, but all I've got available right now is the old client, so...

(BTW, egads the old UI...people complaining about the new one got no right to if you ask me...)

I think there is but it is only temporary. During my latest playthrough, I used an ability that increased stress maximum temporarily. But I don't recall exactly. I will try to find out what it is when I play again. (and yes. Complaints about the new ui are out of this world considering what we had to deal with.)

Eh, what? Not an ability that temporarily increases Stress Max, I'm talking about adding a Stress Bonus. You know, the thing below Location? Get bonus, get stress? The "Stress Bonus" text is grayed out when you try to add it to an ability, but at least in the old version of the game, it still works perfectly fine. I used it on Professor Storey's Office: Professor's Desk with a character that had a Purple check, but 12 Stress Bonus (for reference, this char has only 4 Fitness...) later and it succeeds.

Why am I by chance learning Mastery and Gates from Longshade Library, I don't want to die (T_T) I'm just trying to increasing my study habits

"Random" skill step expansions are completely random, they don't account for a skill's legal status at all. In Y1 there's unfortunately nothing that can be done about it other than reloading.

Edited by Metis

Through ignorance? I probably used it without knowing unless it requires you to manually click. I don't usually make cliques, usually go lone wolf that occasionally help students. When I do make cliques it usually only have two npc students and that is it.

No, it requires you to manually put in a number, there's no buttons that do that. But if you're not going for an early large-ish Clique, I guess that explains it. It's not something that helps with adventures (much to my eternal chagrin), and I personally tend to not use it since I prefer Sparkling Fields, Cheer and Fire Spread over being able to Rest. Ever. Might not be the best idea if I can burn my entire Stress bank on an ability roll, though. Going to have to experiment with that later...

EDIT: Ah right, question also: Do the non-human races also all (largely) worship the New Gods, or do they have their own traditions?

Edited by Metis

EDIT: Ah right, question also: Do the non-human races also all (largely) worship the New Gods, or do they have their own traditions?

Considering that the new gods were likely very powerful wizards I'd have to say the answer to that is a yes.

.or so it would appear.

heh heh

On the first point, there probably is, but I highly doubt anyone could tell you how to do it. Best to just load the safe file, manually scroll back to the various exam dates and check the histories. I think the game will still list them, at least it'll list your exam scores.

On the second point, not really. Early in development it was intended for the PC to go through the first summer during the first year, but that ended up on the cutting board, so now the two summer months are just kind of there, only accessibly by loading the autosave. Their holiday events don't actually exist, nor does anything else, and while I think in theory it's possible to loop back to Juvenalia and replay through the whole year again in practice your save file will end up getting so bloated that eventually the game won't be able to load it anymore.

To my understanding that the autosave allow you to continue when you load it is a intended bug to allow an unsupported endless game.

Keep in mind you don't get an endless game, just two extra months. When the year rolls around again you can't choose your actions anymore and interesting things happen. :)

Can anyone confirm for me that in the new version of the game you can add a functional Stress Bonus to an Ability up to your Stress Maximum? I seem to be amid some conflicting information here, but all I've got available right now is the old client, so...

(BTW, egads the old UI...people complaining about the new one got no right to if you ask me...)

Well it seems you can add stress bonus to an ability up to stress maximum. Just tried it with befriend action with 1 charm with a fitness of 1. Stress bonus up to 3 and no further. Succeeded.