Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

@Legate of Mineta: 1. You have said that 10 in a skill is equivalent to a lower level journey-man. What would a 16 in a skill be? I ask because one of my Morvidus characters has a 16 revision skill before artifacts and enhancement spells.

2. Were/are there any non-gates/non-mastery secret societies of magic users that kept/are keeping phemes/spells hidden from the uninitiated?

3. Did any gates mages worship the entities that they discovered? were any accused of this before the ban? finally, was it alleged after the ban that gates mages worshiped such entities?

4. Were gates mages more likely to be accused of heresy/blasphemy even when gates magic was legal?

5. Miya, being a foreigner, was (I presume) not raised in the Elumian state religion. Is she therefore outside the jurisdiction of ecclesiastical courts?

6. If some student were to follow (or be accused of following) Miya's religion, could that student be punished for apostasy, or for serving dragons?

7. Is apostasy conceived of as its own crime in Mineta, or is it inseparable from the idea that apostates (or people outside the state religion) serve dragons in some way?

1. Does Professor Pachait have any government backing for his efforts to maintain alliances/good relationships with werewolves (and other intelligent humanoids)?

2. Are there satyrs in Wetgen (and Auncusay)?

3. How independent from the rest of Vilocia is Wetgen?

4. Do some satyrs groups maintain informal or formal diplomatic relationships with various levels of government?

14 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Schwarzbart;

Kind of- there are paths for constellations relating to the New Gods. There used to be many more, for the Old Gods. Those are no longer kept by any Order.

3) Where are some of the well known "paths for constellations relating to the New Gods" located?

4) Will Hedi students make the tapestry in year 2 as the Hedi Common Room description say? (Sound like a forced event or adventure)

5) Will the House Eqaullette still work in year 2? I wonder because the tapestry in the Hedi Common Room sound like great research material.

1. Charges of heresy I could understand, because one would be maintaining a rite that the official church has abandoned. But how is it apostasy to venerate the Old Gods using a discontinued rite? Is it because the New Gods are said to have abolished such rites?

2. Does this mean that I cannot write a Y2 adventure in which the Quiet Girl appears?

1. Is there any licensing that a mage must undergo in order to sell enchanted items? At minimum, are licensed enchanters likely to be more trusted by customers?

2. Related to the preceding, is it common for mages to magically mark enchanted items in such a way that the items can be easily identified (or tracked) if stolen?

3. Are there criminals who pretend to be masters of astrology? I ask because astrology seems to be the easiest pillar to fake having knowledge of, since it is less about affecting the world than about understanding the world and other people.

16 minutes ago, Rhialto said:

Did any eponymous figures behind colleges use mastery or gates magic (aside from Kazus and Icanyx)? If so, is that censored?

Some of them probably still do. It assuredly is redacted from the record if they get caught.