Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

It is not an insignificant thing, to note that a pheme like that could be found in the headmaster's office. If only one could approach Orsi with a 'why'? Though, then you'd have to answer a lot of questions, too, hehe..

If that is the case, why was the spell blue to cast, but all the phemes where green? I recommend a difficulty adjustment for when you go to confirm your actions for the day to be shown as a quality of life improvement if it works that way :)

Also...one more question related to phemes - do any give permanent skill ups and not temporary ones?

Yeah that Master of Puppets spell does sound utterly broken. Imagine if you could send a 10 member clique doing adventure/training you. :o

I am sure it's only in the database to make us envy. Bad Bad BCS tempting the player base with such (great) awfull spells. :D

Well I am we want to keep some nice thing for later years. We don't want to puppet the instructors before year 3 at least. With this spell it's making the academagia  a puppet factory in  year 3 that would be the outcome. :D

Also no freaking shit Mastery got banned.  Massive Master at level 16... .

If Orsi blew a gasket when Mastery was used "for love", I would shudder to think of his reaction to someone casually spamming Puppet Master every day.

I know Y2 will make it far more dangerous for users of proscribed magic, but I hope, legate, that a spell like Lose Focus would be treated as far harder to trace than a dozen students mindlessly puffing pillows for someone... ;)

1) Is year 2 allowing to resist control effects especial Create Formal Invitation? Although in year 1 the NPC student can't reach a high enough score because they don't use stress bonus this will change in year 2 because of the higher Calligraphy upper skill limit.

2) If year 2 have more contested roll to counter hostile effects what are the main skills for countering them?

So...fun fact. There seems to be a very small chance to fail at a task, even if you have more then the required skill (not counting attributes). 

I just failed at an impress with charts and graphs which has a dc of 8 while my skill is 10. This adds a bit more wonder to how things are rolled.

Interesting.

Ok I have another question about phemes.
 I am trying and trying on different spells to add the fire pheme to do extra damage, but unless its just not telling me its doing it, only the spell effect is applying.
 Could someone please explain why the fire pheme is not doing its damage?

1 hour ago, Crimson said:

Ok I have another question about phemes.
 I am trying and trying on different spells to add the fire pheme to do extra damage, but unless its just not telling me its doing it, only the spell effect is applying.
 Could someone please explain why the fire pheme is not doing its damage?

Just tested this in-game, seems to be working for me?

You sure you saved the pheme selection? Also the fire-pheme is in opposition to water-pheme, but apparently this only affects enchanting and artifice, so perhaps it has no bearing here. A little unsure on that last one...

Well I tried casting a water spell and attaching a fire pheme to it and the whole spell failed since the water spell needs a water pheme (and its auto added) but then that pheme is canceled out due to fire being added.

I just tried it again on a new spell. This time the fire did damage...but it hit several random targets instead of my intended target. Something is really off here...
 The spell that I used just now and it worked on was trip. The spells I used before where snowball (fail due to water type) and the gate spell that summons bees. I also tried another spell but I dont remember what it was.
 I am going to reload and try to re create this same situation again.

Edit: Attempting to cast it after a reload resulted in the pheme not working at all again. I will attempt to lower the number of times I added the pheme to see if that has anything to do with it.

Edit2: Attempted to do it several times, ranging from 9 to 1 pheme, some with stress added, and others without. I have been unable to get it to work at all again. Nothing different has been done from the one time it worked up to now save the fact that the first time it worked was when I booted the game up. This is looking like a bad bug, possibly related to steam somehow.

Well, in this case either the pheme doesn't match the spell type and thus doesn't trigger (using an offensive pheme on a buffing spell, in which case the targeting might not work correctly) or this truly is a bug.

You could try the standard solution of clearing the cache, and see if that fixes it.

2) Are there Historical records about spells beside weather magic or creature summoning that did level a entire city with just 1 spell?

3) Could you give me a hit if there is a good way to train the Calligraphy sub skill beside taking the class in year 1? (I talking about a action, ability or spell that give at last 1 step toward a random Calligraphy SS beside one or more other SS)

Honestly, I just used the various libraries for that. I think I picked alch + calligraphy so I could just spam the library and kill 2 birds with one stone.
 Issue I found tho was classes like Botany, Athletics, Incantation, Music, and to a lesser extent, Revision (due to it getting so many level ups from random events) are just far easier to level then most of the others.

Of course I am still exploring still. History has become a new must have now that I know you get items from it :P

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Is anarchism a known political ideology? What about democracy outside and before Pievre?

2. I assume that the former kingdoms whose royal lineages have died out are ruled in practice by councils of nobles. Have any nobles in such regions tried to make themselves monarchs? Would this be a religious in addition to a secular crime?

3. How far away from Frontino and Mineta is Satyrius?

4. Would it be possible for students at Academagia from powerful families to have lawyers whom they could contact but who would be paid by their families?