Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

3. Has there ever been a combination of negation magic, astrology, and enchantment/artificing to create an artifact to detect other magical artifacts?

4. Are some magical artifacts themselves created from incanted material? if so, does the enchantment needed to maintain an incanted object interfere significantly with the other enchanting magics?

What do you acutally use Gate Magic for?  I've gone on the adventure and gotten this gate magic, but I seem to never have any reason to cast these spells. 

Also, are all phemes temporary buffs/effects or is there a potential to use them to get long term buffs.  

@Urthor Gate Magic is the school of other planes, summoning and connecting 2 places so that you or other people can move over big distances fast. If you really want to learn it with a character I suggest you take the secret background as it give you a adventure so that you gain access to a school teaching its skills. But keep in mind Gate magic, as well as Mastery, is current forbidden by the law and even knowing a single spell can end in live long imprisonment or dead if the wrong people learn about this. 

Also check out the Wikia if you just curious what you can learn in year 1 about gate magic http://academagia.wikia.com/wiki/Gates

Will the import tool be nice enough to tell us how many times we used illegal magic instead of keeping that a hidden variable? Also, since it's been said that actual practice drawing the phemes and such is required to get good at magic, how is the game going to treat someone who may not have cast any spells in the wild so to speak, but still trained to get to a high skill level?

Since multiple generations of wizards can all wind up going to the Academagia, I was wondering if there are families who have sent their children there for so many generations, it's difficult to keep track of, and if so, how many consecutive generations would the record be?

And there I thought its glamour that is focused on misdirection, also that the forbidden magic have developed some way like gate warping the space around them self/the object or that Mastery even can let their aura appear different. Anyway one more reason to learn Negation when dabbling in the forbidden arts ^^

After all, all those supplies and weapons can be used to fuel an insurrection.

To be fair, mild prepping for an individual for a couple weapons and maybe a month's worth of food could probably be obtained easily enough as long as you kept your head down..