Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Rhi;

1. Is Malkstrang really a city where every person is a thief, or are these merely exaggerated travelers' tales?

Definitely exaggeration. :)

2. Would students in Y2 be old enough to be legally competent as witnesses to contracts?

Yes, I think so.

3. Would one need to be a powerful mastery mage to create a mastery spell that masters one person and can be rapidly expanded to master other people in response to circumstances?

Not only very powerful, but very, very artful.

Regarding Brewing- it's mostly redundant from a pure Skill growth perspective, but there are some benefits, including a bit easier time to reach 20.

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Do you mean that Noble students at Academagia are not required or encouraged to watch the punishment of students for illegal magic or use of magic, but commoners are required or encouraged to watch the punishment of students for illegal magic or use of magic?

2. What do you mean by "artful mage"? creative? skilled with the Enspell skill? something else?

3. Do people from Malkstrang face prejudice in Mineta due to the idea that everyone in Malkstrang is a thief?

@Legate of Mineta: So the punishment would be private, eh? Interesting.

1. Has any Academagia student been executed while a student for using gates magic or mastery since the prohibitions? If so, I presume that such a student is not commemorated as a student who died at the Academagia.

2. Are those students who died due to legal at the time but currently illegal magic commemorated with unmodified monuments, or were the monuments modified to eliminate references to why/how they died? Or does the monument merely list names/dates, never circumstances?

Rhi;

1) Hmmm, yes. I'll ask the Team on this one, as there are some cases which blur the line with [Redacted].

2) Yes, both can do it, and are not suppressed. In general, these are illegal everywhere, but as always enforcement really depends on your status. Suppression of love, for example, makes arranged marriages nice and tidy.

13 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Regarding Brewing- it's mostly redundant from a pure Skill growth perspective, but there are some benefits, including a bit easier time to reach 20.

As long Brew have the same mechanics for class in Y2 as the other skills that could be increased in year 1 things should be fine but if you do it like class was in year 1 then its problematic.

BCS has ( through the legate) stated on more than one occasion that Y2 will see the same dedication for Patching and free DLC that Y1 received. The only thing I question is whether the early post-release schedule will have Y2 DLC released on a monthly schedule like Y1 had up until the game development schedule turned slower than molasses.

(To be fair, While molasses is fairly slow to run, it is not the king of slowness.)

Well, Though I am not by any means comparable to any respectable artist, I don't think this little work of Academagia inspired MS paint turned out too bad, even though I suck at drawing.

(Well, Not everybody can be a Rembrandt!)

xprcsj.png

YAY! Monthly! It should be interesting, then.

... I can't blame you for ignoring the picture. I know I'm not the oooh, ahh inspiring type, but I tried. :( I tried drawing an airship in the background, but it didn't turn out well, so I nixed that idea, sadly.

Thats not surprising at all, metis. From what I recall of the early DLC in Y1, it was mostly stories along with critical bugfixing that cropped up. It's a fair bit different from developing from scratch. I would guess that Y1's DLC slowed down when Y2's production started in earnest. Y3 probably won't start development for a while after Y2, so they'll be able to put a lot more effort into the early DLC for a year or so. Then we will literally nag the team to death for Y3.