Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Did Oan Sung receive her surname through an administrative process? or are most people from Sung surnamed Sung?

2. Are Esteris subject to suspicion in Mineta? I ask because I remember reading that there is a belief that Eastern lands are ruled by/influenced by dragons.

3. Are crane birds living in Mineta and/or Cassetta?

CoD% solely affects the chance that you're caught trespassing in a location you don't have express permission to be in (and there's a large number of such locations, including most libraries on the Academagia like the Mantle of Stars). Class skipping is it's own thing and not affected by anything else, the chance to get caught breaking dress code (I.E. carrying illegal stuff) is based solely to your Concealment/Encumbrance values (0% if neither is exceeded, though you will be searched for contraband if you're Reprimanded, so keep that in mind).

This has probably been asked already, but is there some kind of curriculum for the magical classes? Like, what core competency separates a First Year student of Negation (Revision/Astrology/Enchantment) from a Second (Third/Fourth/Fifth) Year student? I mean, obviously you learn more spells as you go, but I assume there's more to it.

To follow up, is there an overview of the different types of magic anywhere? For Revision I imagine things might be split depending on the scale and initial state of what you're trying to change, but for Negation I can't really imagine the types. Negating Spells/negating location effects/negating stuff like gravity?

4 hours ago, Cyx said:

To follow up, is there an overview of the different types of magic anywhere? For Revision I imagine things might be split depending on the scale and initial state of what you're trying to change, but for Negation I can't really imagine the types. Negating Spells/negating location effects/negating stuff like gravity?

There is a bunch of cool stuff you can do with Negation.

You can obfuscate what kind of pillar you use in your spells and your aura or  the opposite find what kind of magic another mage is using.

You can strike at a Gates user who try to hide away in a different dimension. Altough I don't think the Legate ever said how it is done (negate barrier or somethin ?)

It's the best legal pillar to get answers out of someone. (Cause y'know there is a whole pillar which is all about messing with someone's mind)

And it can also be used for various healing/aging magic and even (temporary) rescusitation.

And I am pretty certain a few if not all of those will get their own skill in the futur.

1. Do any of the great Glamour Illusionists ever go around and show magical fantasy stories to folks? I'm thinking kind of like a book reading, but also close to what we might consider a movie. Would there be a term for this kind of thing?

2. Since the laws of the Empire don't extend beyond certain boundaries, explaining why Gates and Mastery are not entirely illegal in Oursouk... I was curious on how the Imperial law would deal with a situation where it had to deal with Gates or Mastery users that had never been and still aren't within the boundaries of the Empire. If there was a newly discovered island inhabited by humans, that had no history as a part of the Empire, and practiced Gates and Mastery, and was  also big enough to not be bullied into compliance, what would happen? War?

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Any updates about my question about reptile study?

2. If this question is inappropriate, I apologize. But are there any laws against engaging in romantic relationships with the undead?

3. Since the Empire of Man's laws are meant to apply to all of humanity, are there ever tensions between local prohibitions and imperial prohibitions? Are there legal principles that (in theory) are meant to resolve such conflicts? Do they tend to favor the Empire (when applied)?

4. You have mentioned that canon and secular laws conflict about publishing certain types of research about certain subjects. Has the Academagia (or any of its professors) ever gotten into trouble with canon law but not secular law for research?