Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Schwarzbart;

1) No, Revisions must be much, much longer than a year to make it inheritable. For very quick breeding animals, it's possible to make small changes, however. Certain unique hair colors (like the pink of Sung) are thought to be byproducts of very powerful Revision magics, however.

2) No, it's not enough to Revise in a change- it has to be so lengthy that it has an effect on the expression of the Ideal of the subject.

I do believe we had a discussion on using revision to alter a race permanently many years ago. Something about kitties, but I can no longer find it. :(

EDIT: HOLY COW!

has to be so lengthy that it has an effect on the expression of the Ideal of the subject

So, in other words, ideals are tied to things? I had assumed that they were for making a differing expression for spellcasting! Very interesting...

On 7/7/2011 at 12:27 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Schwarzbart;

In Year 1, the four Mineta Students are:

Lambert Cobo

Vettor Conta

Uliva Valaresso

Cante Caviti

...but I don't believe any of them are particularly poor.

Does this mean that Catherine Chard does not live in Mineta? Is this something that all Golden Families do, or just the Chards (or just Catherine Chard)? If any of the Golden Families live outside Mineta, I picture their living as fortified compounds just outside Mineta's boundaries - is this correct?

1) Do someone who build up a strong aura in one magic having problems to learn or cast magic from other schools of magic? Maybe even to the point where (s)he is unable to use some magic at all?

2) Are there problems with the aura when someone focus on 2 or more schools of magic beside that it probably take longer to build up the same strength of the aura then someone who focus on just 1 school of magic?

3) Is there something like opposite schools of magic?

4) Is there a magic college / school that teach magic based on a element theory instead of the schools of magic theory used by Academagia?

5) Any news on the quest block posted by freespace on the last page?

40 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

Last thing the Legate said was that they were answered, but were needing editing.

I think they could release the answers, but something is keeping them from doing so. Either something [redacted] or something upcoming, maybe....

S;

1) Do someone who build up a strong aura in one magic having problems to learn or cast magic from other schools of magic? Maybe even to the point where (s)he is unable to use some magic at all?

Such a powerful Aura is theoretically possible, but unknown. There are cases where a caster has experienced great difficulty, however.

2) Are there problems with the aura when someone focus on 2 or more schools of magic beside that it probably take longer to build up the same strength of the aura then someone who focus on just 1 school of magic?

That takes longer.

3) Is there something like opposite schools of magic?

No, that depends more on the person in question and their own abilities.

4) Is there a magic college / school that teach magic based on a element theory instead of the schools of magic theory used by Academagia?

There are older traditions, now extinct, that were based this way.

Soon, I think. It's a combination of the questions and vacation. :)

On 10/6/2018 at 5:41 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhialto;

Species, I believe.

Actually, I read the adventure again, and its species name is aldrovondus. Wrynt is the lizard's personal name.

@Legate of Mineta: If a person had been caught doing what Catherine Chard and the PC were doing in Orsi's house, would that person have been executed after conviction?

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Given the fear and negative traits that are associated with witches in the adventure "Rumors of Witches and Evil Intentions", would I be correct in thinking that female mages do not call themselves witches?

2. Similarly, given that peacocks are associated with witches, are mages with peacock familiars shunned and/or held in suspicion?

@Legate of Mineta: 8 Questions for the 8th Anniversary of this Thread.

1. Are anniversaries magically significant? do multi-year enchantments fluctuate in power on their anniversaries? Can astrology spells cast against such enchantments on the anniversaries of their casting reveal more about who made the enchantments, etc.?

2. Has the Academagia any courses in drama or theatre?

3. Are there rules against using horses that are mages' familiars in horse-racing?

4. Has a goblin ever been a student or a professor at the Academagia?

5. Are there elves in the Empire of Man or known to it?

6. Is there any correlation between being a more powerful mage and having a familiar that is magical even when not a familiar?

7. Are there any familiars who are famous for being braver/smarter/more achieving that their mages?

8. If Beatrix von Wetgen were to have her account of the Imperial Reserve's fauna published, would it be a major scholarly achievement, or is the Imperial Reserve so well known to great scholars and explorers that Beatrix's account/survey would not be more than a minor contribution?

Rhi;

1) There are minor effects with Astrology, and these grow with time. They are not limited to determining origin, however.

2) Yes!

3) It depends, but overall yes.

4) I'll have to ask, but I think no.

5) Not in the sense of Tolkien.

6) No.

7) Yes. :)

😎 It would be a significant achievement within the City- but a curiosity outside of it.

@Legate of Mineta:

The following questions are based upon implications from Academagia that are not explicitly said within Academagia. Do you have any comments about them?

1. Are exam results in some preliminary form are available at the ends of every exam, but must be investigated and certified before they count as official?

2. Does Beatrix von Wetgen, when asked about her family, describes herself as a Wetgenish (?) hunter’s daughter, and/or cite this family connection to explain her skill and interest in wilderness exploration? I ask because her adventure refers to her as from a hunter's family.

3. Is Beatrix von Wetgen is extremely well educated about and interested in natural philosophy (science, as we call it now)?

4. Would Beatrix von Wetgen’s report about the Imperial Reserve’s animals require considerably more work to be ready for publication than is shown in the time frame and scope of the game?

5. Is the Second Circle is a non-governmental vigilante group dedicated to hunting down and killing Gates Mages and destroying artifacts that use gates magic?

6. Is the adjectival form of Wetgen Wetgenish?