Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1.so in my god char 3.0, I noticed Tabin used reflect upon merit to expand merit with Leopold which both are in my clique bot both are from different colleges so this technically shouldn't be possible. is the ai bound by different rules from the pc to give them an edge? he succeed by the way

2. do characters develop hate for each other through random events or stuff that they do in the background?

1. Sort of. There's an engine bug that causes NPC students to not be beholden to certain action requirements (the most notable instance is that they can Flirt with anyone, not just opposite gendered students), but that's not an intentional edge.

2. Through REs, no, but through the actions that NPCs perform, yes. Using Bully does cause Joana to drop someone's relationship just as much as if you used it, so she'll have a number of students disliking to hating her by the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, Raydestroyer said:

Cool, just got another question

1. I got an random event and i get a plant that's posiounos all over but is strangely magical and my pc in the event said he would reaserch it, could I reaserch items in the library feature in y2 and not just books in my question?

You can identify items in Y1, you know. Consult the Artifact Registry (Action) is unlocked by School Survival - Study Habits 2.

So i’v been Wondering about spells that control students........

saw this one interesting one called puppet master which allows you to control your entries clique................

also saw train your company action which is available at mannor of championship 6......... which trains leadership and choice of skills for you and your entire clique........ considering the size of my clique tends to be at least over 15 people, could I teach someone mannore of championship then control my entire clique to do train your company which may I remind you is over 15 people so 15 people doing this times 3 means 45 skill steps in first day of doing this which the spell last for 3 days which means 135 skill steps at the cost of permenet decrease to ethics

am I reading this right?

if so............ time to ascend to godhood

Puppet Master allows you to control any clique that isn't your own, actually, although it's a moot point since the spell should be unusable in Y1 even if you somehow manage to get it and all the Phemes for it (prerequisite of Mastery Methods 16+, and I'm not sure if that checks your modified or unmodified skill level). It's technically a spell that shouldn't have been in Y1, but the developers only figured that out after they coded it in. Also, Train your Company can only be used every three days.

That said you can definitely pull some shenanigans with that general strategy. Basically teach everyone in your Clique to cast Impart Understanding (Illustration 10 for the spell, Middle Empire 1 for the Intelligence Pheme if they don't have it already), use some method of Control to force them to spam it, and have fun.

Though personally I'd say that using Control to force NPC students to spam Adventure is the king of cheese strategies, assuming that wasn't fixed in DLC 17. Or wasn't it discovered until DLC 17? I forget.