Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Sry for he double post but I just remembered hearing that using control actions on students limits how much you can order them around, if I use formal invitation on a student on my clique, could I order them to train your company and expand a specif sub skill? What are the limitations on control for a person using formal invitation?

All Y1 Control methods are limited in how exact that level of control is, yes. Mechanically you'll be able to dictate what actions/abilities/spells/etc. they'll use on a given time slot, but every detail that you would fill in later the NPC students will decide for themselves. So you can tell them to Train your Company, but they'll decide which subskill they'll choose to increase.

Eh...good question. Students do have personality preferences defined which theoretically should gear them towards certain skills (even ones that got removed later, in rare cases), and I don't see why being forced to Train your Company instead of just Train should be different in that regard, but on the flipside their personality preferences specify expanding skill levels, not steps, so that might not even work at all?

@Legate of Mineta, confirm/deny please?

So, the power supply on my PC gave up the ghost. I'm still down, but at least I've recovered my passwords so I can check in here from time to time.  It'll be a while before I can replace it as I misdiagnosed the problem and bought new hard drives to replace my aging 10tb worth of goodies.

Anyway, enough about that. Any news to report? Is Y2 imminent or are we still waiting?

Lore Questions!

1. How much training does a mage have to have in order to become a physician? Given that they'll likely have to work on sick and dying folks at some point who can't quite take a misfire as well as a healthy person...

2. Are there any steam engines on campus?

3. How often are counterfeit permission slips made on campus? Enough that some professors might disregard them all together?

1. Just wondering, I can create bodies or living things with gates right? Couldn't I create a body for Pamela to posses and bam, got my self a homunculus without mind being controlled by pamela, could I do this with gates?

2. also would I need to know the magic to put Pamela in the body or would the familiar need to know the magic?

3. if the gates part is redacted then could' I incant a body that will last for years until day ss appearing for Pamela to inhabit? 

4. Also what magic would be required for Pamela to posses a body

Well then........ That suck . anyway more questions

1.minsaw on a thread that glamour could melt snow, glamour is like visualizing a concept  and you deciding what aspects of it you wish to bring to actuall reality, wether that be the looks or feel to it, it depends on the power of how real you make the glamour be. Am I right in the way I view glamour or am I wrong?

2. Relaxations with teachers,legate, and reagents will stay the same right? No relation decay? For y2

3. Edit: in y2, will we be able to use items in our inventory in battle? Like healing potions or increase magic skills potions or invisibility cloques or hell, even divasque

On September 30, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

1. Since an incanter could create a biddable snake, at least for a short while, could a Master Incanter create an artificial person, even if only with a simple intelligence, and for a short time?

Yes, but the difficulty would be astronomical.

Hehe, seems I found my answer