Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

On 4/6/2019 at 11:55 PM, Raydestroyer said:

1. what magic would creating another world like the painting was used in its creation. Glamour? revision?.......... Gates?

2. are the people in the painting actually sentient? in the adventure, I told them they could exit out the painting and go back at certain times of the day when the library is closed, how human are these painting people?

3. how well is the magic of an artist create an actual world in their paiting known?

4. how does the world at large view painting worlds?

.........any update?

Do adventures that the PC didn't/couldn't embark on still "happen", story wise? Obviously in cases like the main questline that'd be hard to justify, but does, say, the Book of Deep Shadows still get removed from it's initial location and taken away somewhere, even if it's not the PC who does it?

More a question along the lines of "if an adventure has a timed component that means it must be completed before X date, can a follow-up adventure available starting Y date assume that the former adventure happened, even if the PC wasn't the person doing stuff?"

1) Are there spells like Revision of Skills planed that affect the main skill including the sub skills? (I suspect the answer is no because its difficult to decide what sub skill will affect what sub skill of the recipient skill)

2) Are there official placed magical navigation beacon that can be targeted by divination magic of different schools to get the exact direction and maybe even distance to it? (Because overlapping magic can become problematic I suspect such magic is placed and refreshed by a office instead of every boat navigator who know a bit of magic place their own beacon at each harbor)

14 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Ascartand;

I wouldn't go THAT far, but they aren't too concerned about pursuing the rivalry.

Hmmm so they would associate with Godina only in the rarest of scenarios like persay the PC helping them on their personal adventures.

2 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Ascartand;

No, I think that's likely too far on the other side of the extreme. They are willing to hang out and be friends, but aren't totally immune to peer pressure either. :)

Ah I see. So persay young Vernaris makes friends with them, they wouldn't abandon him unless all of Avila condemns them for it.