Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

So I was going through the skill list in the mod tools and encountered this among the unnamed DELETE skills:

The afterlife has a language all its own, an unearthly vocalization which consists not only of sound, but also of physical phenomenon. It is possible to learn to understand this speech, and even 'speak' it.

Dominant Attribute: Insight

Is that still a thing, or has that been removed both from the game and the setting?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Metis said:

So I was going through the skill list in the mod tools and encountered this among the unnamed DELETE skills:

Is that still a thing, or has that been removed both from the game and the setting?

I would imagine that its study is part of gates.

3 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

S;

It is thought not other Pillar has such intrinsic instability- all other randomness has either been proved not to be random, or is theorized not to be.

Of course, Gates was originally not as random as it is today...

Would it be legal to do research about why Gates was less random in the past, so long as no Gates magic were used? Or would that research be itself illegal?

1) How long ago was the Banishment again?

2) Are there many recorded history about lands that did fall down and if so is it more in common recently?

No magic works for ever as far we know and the Banishment is some kind of magic! Resulting from this my guess is that the increasing chaos factor of the gate magic is actual the first indicator that the whole Banishment magic start to weaken.

Yes I talking of the Exil what is in the view of the Dragons a Banishment of the rebelling humans. So please Legate answer to my 2 questions.

1) How long ago was the Exil/Banishment again?

2) Are there many recorded history about lands that did fall down and if so is it more in common recently?

On 7/13/2019 at 7:42 PM, Rhialto said:

Would it be legal to do research about why Gates was less random in the past, so long as no Gates magic were used? Or would that research be itself illegal?

Let me guess - because it was a known practice and people knew how to use it. Hence less randomness, since it wasn't people using something that they don't know as much about, esp. the theory behind it.

S;

1) The actual date is subject to conjecture- if there are any written records, they are with the Dragons. It’s believed it may be anywhere from 3 to 6 thousand years ago.

2) There are oral accounts which have survived as myth and legends. Most of the old libraries and literate societies were destroyed by the Dragons after the Exile. Certainly no lands have fallen except Monteon, during the Cataclysm.

Try to make a case that a recently deceased individual deserves to be declared/recognized as a saint, maybe, but beyond that I doubt it. I mean, IIRC one of the actual New Gods isn't put on the same pedestal as his peers are, so I doubt a complete outsider would be tolerated.

EDIT: Were all the Old Gods seen as equals, or did people fold them (accurately or otherwise) into...not "tiers", but...word. For example, was the Old God of weapon forging considered the son of the Old God of War and brother to the Old God of Hunting, not necessarily relatives but something along those lines, or was the Old God of flatulence considered an equal to the Old God of Life or some such?

Edited by Metis

@Legate of Mineta: I was not claiming that dream magic is associated only with sleepwalking, but was wondering whether parts of dream magic can be used to trigger sleepwalking in a way that is not mastery.

Also, I am thrilled that you answer a question about a student in way that is not telling us that we have to ask the character. Does this mean that Y2 is very close to completion?