Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Oan being from Sae'on is a long established thing, though. From the first state of the tutorial adventure:

“Like I said, my name’s Oan, and before you can ask, yes, I’m from Sae’on.  And before you can ask, let me say that yes, we know just how important magic is to our survival and no, I don’t plan on taking what I’ve learned and going back to spend my life there.  Growing up in a city that needs to be under a bubble of air just to protect it from the volcano isn’t as interesting as people think it is, but yes, you do learn an awful lot about magic from an early age.”  She looks over and smiles at you.  “But now you can tell your friends that you’ve met someone from Sae’on.  I’ll bet you none of them have.”

10 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

Ohh so Oan actual did get a background? I thought the team refrained to do so because they want to give the player the ability to imagine it them self what College and so she is from.

What College is she now placed in? The same as the player or some specific one? I might remember wrong, but wasn't she casting a complicated Incantation spell? Then she probably from Gondia.

Always she is in the PC's College.

2 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Ah. Well, I'll ask. :)

To clarify, Zoe would be the student found with the poem. I was confused because my adventure idea involves her and the PC accidentally discovering such a poem.

The discoverer could be any professor or person in authority.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, Legate, a while back you...let's call it "blurted out" this:

On 10/28/2016 at 4:24 AM, freespace2dotcom said:

9. Any common undead, at least. An ancient wizard reanimating her own corpse in the future through a series of carefully constructed Astrology spells could probably beat the system. And, yeah, the red lights only offer warning within a one to four square mile area, as a general rule; not super-helpful when vampirism is spreading like mad.

But looking at the Bat Bond adventure, it claims this:

Besides there's no vampires anywhere near here. They may even be extinct.

Comments? Also actual question: Do Academagia vampires need to breathe, and if no, does that mean they functionally can't drown?

@Legate of Mineta: Are souls definitely known to exist? Or are they religious and theological explanations for what could be explained otherwise? Certainly, ghosts exist, and this thread has mentioned souls, but this thread has also mentioned fragments of souls, which are as far as I am aware incompatible with many soul theories (but are compatible with mindstreams). And yes, I ask this question for an adventure that I hope to write. My back is feeling better and my glasses are new, wherefore I hope to type somethings for this game again.

• 4 weeks later...