Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Nyaa;

Yep, although the rivalries are less due to the magic and more due to the character of the Colleges. Note also Aranaz's specialty is Orthography, which isn't considered a distinct form of magic (any longer.) Instead, it is held to be a blend of Artificing and Glamour.

Not sure about in-game, but the mod tool description said Artificing and Astrology.

What's artificing anyway? Some info describe it like Enchant.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a while, partly due to work (damn you!) but I have another question:

How satyric (is that a word?) are the satyrs here? Greek-old satyrs with long ears, maybe a horn, a small tail and at times goat hoves but otherwise man... or more fantasy satyrs with elegant horns, much fur, hoves are a must and perhaps a tail? Maybe it varies? Or maybe a new blend? :)

Ps. If I am not reincarnated as a house cat I'd settle for satyr. ;)

Edit:

Now as this is a family friendly game I am expecting that the satyrs that are visiting the school are clothed properly, but do they still keep with nothing-to-loincloth in the wild? Or did civilization finally spread to the last bastion? :)

Also, are satyrs allowed as students? I kinda doubt that they would want it, but there are some oddballs in every society I suppose.

Adrian;

Satyrs come in many varieties and tribes, and some are more wild than others. In Elumia (and especially within the Empire of Man), they are very civilized, and would be attired according to the (most affordable) fashion. There's no particular reason a Satyr couldn't be a student, if they had enough monies, ability or connections. Academia is mostly equal that way. :)

They'd even be dressed in fancy clothes even in their communities? *gasp!* I may be redrawing my statement of reincarnation until I find a decent backwater satyr colony ;)

Ah well, I suppose there is a reason why the Dionysos cult didn't survive...

But true, I forgot that the Academagia is for privileged students.

Thanks for the reply :)

Well, I may moderate my reply a bit. After considering the fashion of the age (frills and everything) I can see why satyrs would also want to keep up with the fashion.

For the sake of the wand adventure I'm currently brewing on there is a few things I would like to ask:

Is it possible that some mages were banished to another realm of existance back in the haydays near the war with the dragons? (And how many mages would preform such a rite if possible?)

Any health regulations (in the city of Mineta) regarding dumping chemicals into the sink?

Which year do the school teach chirurgery? (if you are allowed answer it)

Edit: Hehe, rereading the post is just struck me that it could sound like a very freakish adventure.

Adrian;

Sounds like an Academagia adventure, that's for sure. :)

It's possible that some mages were banished to another realm, sure. You only need one accomplished Gates magician to do that. :)

The City has such regulations, and there is a guild which tends to the sewers which makes certain it is upheld.

Chirurgery studies do not formally begin until your 3rd year.

Adrian;

There are a bunch named in the Lores, but here are a few of the more prominent ones:

St. Alscot of Pelonnes

St. Amoro

St. Cato

St. Cauray

St. Clare of Lacon

St. Colecte the Many-Skilled

St. Geffray

St. Knop

St. Liévin of the Grey Shield

St. Madlen of the Bitter Stair

St. Pregent

St. Vivian of Nearshore

Adrian;

Satyrs come in many varieties and tribes, and some are more wild than others. In Elumia (and especially within the Empire of Man), they are very civilized, and would be attired according to the (most affordable) fashion. There's no particular reason a Satyr couldn't be a student, if they had enough monies, ability or connections. Academia is mostly equal that way. :)

Would year 2 include any non-human classmates?

A satyr classmate in your clique sounds incredibly fun and handy though xD

I wonder if Enspel will become a class on it own in the next years and if so is it assiotated to a college?

What building was the Campus Incantix (Not sure if I have writen it correct)? I think it was the building now is House Godina but where was this house then or didn't exist it bevore gate magic was forbiden?

Well, College rivalries tend to change over time. Icanicix was rival to Vernin for many centuries, and Kazus was rival to Durand.

And about the Kings and heroes: yes, all the Colleges are named after influential people in the revolt against the Dragons. King Kazio the Lesser was the King of the Bryzech tribes, and was famed for dominating the Dragon who ruled Brysia.

Great stuff, anymore ex-collage?

Is there a complete book/3-page long summery about the dragon war or it is spread out in pieces of lore in the game over the next few years, and mostly in history classes?

Edit: Dominating Dragon? Mystery work on dragon?