Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Good luck digging through the entire lore section Freespace!

I knew I found something good when the title is Philippe I - V. laugh.gif

Also Legate!!

What would the others call Philippe and / or Joana? Nicknames I mean. Oh and also Orsi's nickname.

All of the lores written by the kids is great. Personally, I love Prudence's- it cemented her place as best friend of a crazy Durand student I once played.

...Shoot, I don't have a question.

Hm, once upon a time, Legate, you told me that I would have to ask a Monteon Mercenary why they were so against dueling. You think you could find me one so I could ask them the question? Twould help. :D

I know there's a company down in Medani at the moment. (Excuse my spelling, I'm being lazy and not double-checking.) Any other battles a company or two is currently involved with off the top of your head?

A-HA!!! Apparently the black chicken was created from a device made by Villaume Eparvier to shield against spells, one casting of Invisible coals of IIasu (I probably spelled that wrong but...), and a black pillow. Godina students. Typical. <_<

This is clear proof that some events and adventures do happen even if you are not the one participating in it. :)

I assume, legate, that this is intended as an example of what we talked earlier when spells collide.

Also. a report on lores and certain magics will be upcoming once the game is complete.

Well I always did thought that the main quest were proof of that after all you litterary gets to see what the other sides of the conflict do without the PC's 'helping' hand.

But is it all adventures that gets a default result when the main characther is not there or is it just some of them? (I actually think the question was answered, but I am asking it anyways, because this thread is too long to look through for information I might have read)

Esper and Free;

Your questions are kind of related, so I'll try to answer them both like so:

In Year 2, the game recognizes whether or no you attempted an Adventure, and how far along you were into it when the game ended. Depending on the Adventure, you may be able to continue it from one or more different entry points, or it may not be available at all. Most of the Year 1 Adventures are not available in Year 2 if you did not start them, but some are. Most of the Year 1 Adventures have continuations in Year 2, although some are truly standalone. In some cases (rarely) an Adventure will allow you to continue where you left off, but it's usually the case that an unresolved Adventure leads to an alternate outcome, or is simply finished by others.

You will have to wait until you can play to see the specifics, though. :)

Are there any students who through debate and the like have made clear that they don't support the ban on either Mastery or Gates magic?

I know there's one student who is against dueling in year one, the pacifist that she is. Are there any others?

Well, yeah, sure. Granted, the students of the Academagia seem a fair bit more mischievious than the average child, so I can see why extra surveilance would be a downside, but if you really felt that way and were doing nothing illegal, then it really wouldn't matter very much, would it? :)

Come now, Legate! :) Even Empire-building supervillains have day jobs! ;)

Honestly though, There's that much stigma associated with it that you would be blacklisted in such a way, for being an honest, free-thinking person, while still complying with the ban? It's really a shame.

When you prevent any and all open and peaceful discussion, then in the end you wind up with violence.

~AAAANYYYYWAAY!!!!!!

1. Are there astral projection techniques?

2. Can magic be used to switch bodies?

3. Will our characters get a skill to represent ability with the mundane "magic" and it's "uses"? (I envision doing something like that as a ploy to lower a person's guard [ohh, this guy can't do real magic], THEN turn them into a toad.)

4. Of all the colleges, historically, which tends to win the merit competitions, becuase from what I can tell, it's any one but the one you choose... :(

The reason I asked is there is an event where two mages are having a debate on the subject close to the grounds, and your character is given the oppertunity to give their opinion. Then again, your character can tell their friends at the end of the school year that the best magic is Mastery, so your character isn't always the brightest bulb in the box...