Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Rest assured Mikka I was just having some fun.laugh.gif Besides, I can't let the Aranaz kids claim everything now can't I?

If Professor Briardi and Professor von Rupprecht were locked in a duel, who would be the winner? Is it down to their skills or are they evenly matched?

My money is on Briardi.

But then is it possible for the two professors to be so good that they could cast spells by gestures alone? Or do you have to be as powerful as Orsi?

I'm foreseeing a time when mages were so powerful that they could cast spells just by sneezing.

Or is that too much to ask for?laugh.gif

/cough

Besides the duel geas, are there any other common used geas that 'everyone' would be aware of in some way?

Oh, and any information yet about how the Student Council is organized? How many students sit upon it?

1. Have there ever been (due to some crazy circumstance) duels between a student a professor? I figure that would almost be unheard of, but if a student were to challenge a professor, what would happen?

2. Hvae tehre eevr esextid splles taht jmbule ltretes tehotger ni a fhsisoan taht si slitl radeblae os emney hwoemrok wlil fial?

Mikka;

On campus, the Duel Geasa is probably the best known. Maybe a Contract Geas?

No information yet on Student Council! :)

Freespace;

1. Have there ever been (due to some crazy circumstance) duels between a student a professor? I figure that would almost be unheard of, but if a student were to challenge a professor, what would happen?

Sure! As to what would happen...that depends on the Student and the Professor. :)

2. Hvae tehre eevr esextid splles taht jmbule ltretes tehotger ni a fhsisoan taht si slitl radeblae os emney hwoemrok wlil fial?

Definitely. :)

I understand that Y2 might not even come out this year, but do you think you could give us an idea when you think it'll be cool to let us in on all the features of Y2 you're keeping secret?

Well it looks like I've got a long journey ahead of me.... I'm making a time machine. I'll just hop 10 years into the future, and then pickup all the years in one go.. Hopefully I'll be back sometime next week. I expect an intergalactic war with sentient alien machines to stall me, but once I'm back I'll let you all know how that turns out.

As for the future years... Well, if the Legate won't talk then neither will I! *evil laughter*

When casting spells you usually: Make border (which summons palette), draw phemes inside the palette for the basic spell, draw additional phemes (for extra uumph!) aaaand cast.

Sooo... now that the basics of spellcasting is down to a matter of practice, what about an incantation/chant: Any mystical words? The name of the spell perhaps? The name of the phemes? The nice gurgling sound when people get strangled? The shopping list? Something else? ;)

Actually a bit interested in how you 'cast' a spell too, but I understand if you let that one slide :)

Any political volatile areas in the south near Oursouk? (Sorry I didn't get around to finding where the two Brothers have home, so I may be repeating the question)

Wow Spellsongs, thats why one of the Colleges have Music as theyr Class in year 1.

Is there a School/Academy that complet focus on this kind of magic?

Edit: Will there be a way that the player chars can go to other magic Schools in later years (beside the 2 we curent can visit during "free time")

On the subject of spells.

In a duel, lets say between Adrian of Aranaz and Andrew of Durand. Adrian was drawing the phemes for Fidelia's Slowing Spell and Andrew rushes up to him and messes the spell by maybe drawing counter phemes or just destroying the border all together thereby preventing the conquest of the evil CremePudding and saving the entire population of Cyve from an eternity of having to obey the crazed wishes of a overlord who will punish you by making do stuffs you hate like....

Sorry. I lost myself there.

In short, can you break an opponents spell like this? And if so is there anyway to keep the progress so that you can continue the spell?

I'm so sorry if this has already been said, but I just made a short story involving three of the forum members. tongue.gif

Schwarzbart;

Yes, there are going to be a few other extra curricular academies you can attend. The most famous school for Song magic is the Vihuela school, which some may have taken as a Background.

Adrian;

Oh no, somewhat the reverse- words very often accompany Spells, but they are not necessary. However, almost all mages use them as you can use your voice as a tool to help you create borders and draw your Phemes, if you set it up correctly. :)

Leoshi;

You can, yes. It's bad form in a Duel, of course, but you can do it with your wand. There are magics you can use to disrupt your opponent's Palette, if you don't want to run up there, too, but you haven't learned those yet. :)