Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Is it possible to have a Dragon as a familiar? A friendlier dragon that is presented, as least, who would consent? Or, since Familiars aren't really always picked by a wizard, is it possible for a dragon to be someone's familiar just like that?

What exactly would be the procedure here if a dragon did show up, albeit a friendly one or a tiny baby one you have? Kill it? Toss it over the wall and you with it? Scream in panic and run away? Try to kill you? And would the dragons be alright with a wizard with a pet/familiar Dragon?

I've been playing too many dragon games...Dragon Knight's Saga being one, which bore the question, do or did dragons have representatives whom they appreciated and guided, allowing them to be some sort of ambassadors into the world?

@MadHatt

1) Its posible that a Human is the Familiar of a Dragon but I doubt the other way around was happening trought the complet writen History.

2) First of all there would be some panic and also for sure the dragon will be hunted down and killed (if posible) to deep is the fear.

3) Over all I think you got the wrong impresion for what dragons stand in the game because Humans where once the slaves of the dragons in this game. So the chance of having any friendly encounter with a dragon is next to zero.

I suggest you to play trough the Holiday The Dance of Fools and actual read the story there.

Edit: You also can play the Vernin Adventure The Keystone to learn more about Dragons.

I'd have to agree with Schwarzbart,..

1) I think it was asked at one point before, the answer being no. I am not even sure the dragons would consent to having a human familiar... really would we have a cow as familiar? (I am not trying to badmouth cows, but I imagine that is how they see (or at least SAW) humans.)

2) A dragon in human lands, even tame and polite... I see MANY being fearful, some panic, and (perhaps largely due to the panic) some attempts to scare/chase it away or even kill if the chance presented itself. Mages might be a bit more open, but considering that mages are a bit queer to the commonfolk I doubt that it would count for much.

3) Actually! They did have some ambassadors and some human aids they placed huge trust in. That is how we (humans) learned magic back when the dragons ruled the land. You could read the "Mallen Field" lore, gaining a bit of insight into Aranaz and Druand on the way :)

All that said, dragons being friendly seems possible, but their general reception would likely not be so. And given their size I doubt the dragon could explain that it didn't mean anyone harm before people had fled :)

Hang on. What about the faux dragon familiar? Does that count?

Oh and Adrian. Don't call out for Rui's familiar.wink.gif

Now for my set of questions.

1) Exactly how many floors are there for the dorms?

2) You can explore the rooftops of Mineta? And actually have a duel on it? (Herbert's duel) What would the city folks say?

3) What is the percentage of students being supernatural? Like werewolfs and vampires. 5% or more/less?

Now I shall have to quote this line from Bart Simpson. *Ahem* Don't have a cow, man!

Ah, Bart Simpson. Always applicable. :)

1) Exactly how many floors are there for the dorms?

Good question! I don't know, but some are quite high- over 10.

2) You can explore the rooftops of Mineta? And actually have a duel on it? (Herbert's duel) What would the city folks say?

Sure, I think you could. And the townsfolk would be highly distressed. ;)

3) What is the percentage of students being supernatural? Like werewolfs and vampires. 5% or more/less?

Less than 1%, I think. It's fairly rare to be supernatural to begin with, let alone have the kinds of resources to attend the Academagia.

I'd have to agree with Schwarzbart,..

1) I think it was asked at one point before, the answer being no. I am not even sure the dragons would consent to having a human familiar... really would we have a cow as familiar? (I am not trying to badmouth cows, but I imagine that is how they see (or at least SAW) humans.)

Alright, see...that made me think of the Black and White games. That cow was awesome.

And why wouldn't you have a cow familiar? You'd have milk, means of transportation and ..have you ever seen an angry cow? I'm saying you have serious protection right there.

I thought that, for example, your character might see your familiar as inferior. An arrogant PC might see Pamela as such or the goldfish etc. The dragon might see you as its familiar in that essence. A friendly or easily amused dragon would probably agree to such a deal if only because it's not permanent. Humans do die.

I think I would enjoy having a pet dragon if only to scare the townsfolk with.

Oh gods, what have I done?! ;)

(not) speaking of which, where is the Venalicium? I seem to recall that a part of it (the one we are visiting when making mischif) is inside the walls of the Academagia. But WHERE? I can't find it on the maps, but could you give me a vague direction? :) Thanks.

MadHatt;

The cow? Alright it does look awesome, but I went with the quite good looking wolf.

Legate;

Over 10 floors? Please say there are elevators in the building.

But how are they categorized? First years at the bottom, Fifth years on top?

And 1% of students is how many approximately?

Many thanks.

At some point, clearly, y'all will need a Cow Familiar as a possibility. :)

Your promising a Cow Familiar, and no such certainty for Fox Familiar? Legate say it ain't so! :( *sniff*

(Oh I'm just joking, I know you promised nothing. However, if we do get a cow (of all things) before/instead of a fox I would be rather annoyed. :P )

Ex;

I think I can *assure* you that you'll get a Fox before a Cow. There's still some discussion about possibly having a Fox in Year 1, but it's pretty doubtful. At least one member of the Team, though, regards the lack of a Fox Familiar as a tremendous oversight. ;)

I wouldn't dream of prying into the identity of this member of the Dev Team, but do they also regularly post on the Forums using a nome de plume that begins with "L"? :)

Hmm ... Fox, cow, red panda ... Can I ask for a wolf familiar yet? Or maybe have one of the professor's get a wolf familiar? It would fit (Crazy) Professor Pachait.

And now, for your entertainment, another set of questions.

1) Zippers. There is a mention of zippers in the exits for the first part of the Strange doll familiar story. Is that a mistake or is this world sufficiently advance to have that?

2) Swinwear. I am imagining board shorts style for boys and have no idea for girls because there was only one event that involves swimwear.

3) And then underwear. Because I lack imagination. sad.gif

4) What kind of security is used for the route to the Imperial Sphinx? Not that I'm thinking of breaking in ... Oh no sirree.

5) Is the Spavia and the Dimmae Theatre the place to go to if you were looking to catch a performance / show / play? Is it open to non-students?

6) What exactly do the students work on in the forge? I'm thinking parts for a golem, but that's just me.

7) Could I get a short guide on how rimbal is played? I'm sure that information could come in handy one day. wink.gif

8) Do students have to show to each other what their familiars are? Sort of like Orientation where there introduce one another and also their familiars.

I mean it like knowing the familiar's so they don't accidentally have familiar's eating one another.

And also for the professors to know which student has a dangerous familiar at their command / that the professors can dissect in the name of SCIENCE!

9) Just how much does this school spend in a year if it has broken down classrooms?

10) Are there any surviving records of the possible worlds you could go to with Gates magic? ph34r.gif

And finally, the title of this thread should be changed to A LONG list of in game questions.wink.gif