Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

Actually, in the very beginning she mentions that first years are assigned a second year for guidance. I suspect that the reason for the confusion was an uncertainty in the planning and writing stages, and after it became decided, a reference or two didn't get changed properly. :)

Legate?

Unless the text is changed in the reworking after DLC 10 it says that Oan is a 3. year right in the introduction of her so freespace must have missed that.

He read this line

"As tradition dictates, this Second Year -me- greets the First Year -you- on Juvenalia"

but apearently missed this one:

"Anyway, it seems there was a little mix up in the registrar’s office this year, though, because they took in three last-minute additions and ran out of mentors. Legate Orso Orsi asked around for the best mentor from last year, and my name popped up enough that he asked me personally to draw a name from a hat and mentor that student"

this says that Oan already was Mentor last year and so must been at last 3th year.

Apparently my trap worked and a lot of people have confess / implied that they dabbled in Gates and / or Mastery. laugh.gif

Anyway here are a few questions.

1) The afterlife. What do the people believe in considering we can meet ghosts in the game?

2) If there was a circus coming to Mineta, where would they setup?

3) The ladies who dance in see-through clothes from Saisyne (Thank you Kurt Henning). What kind of dance? And this is purely educational!

And Oan should be Third year. Just saying.

L & Hatt;

1) The afterlife. What do the people believe in considering we can meet ghosts in the game?

Ghosts are unhappy remnants or the products of Gates magic. The teaching of the New Gods is that the soul ascends to the Mansion of the God worshipped, and joins their household.

3) The ladies who dance in see-through clothes from Saisyne (Thank you Kurt Henning). What kind of dance? And this is purely educational!

Ah, the dance of the [redacted]! I was wondering when someone would notice that and [redacted]. The dance itself is [redacted], and sometimes with a goldfish!

If we do become a mentor, will we all get the same student or will it depend on each of our colleges and gender?

It is based on College.

Hey wait!

Jorndathal’s Circus is composed of eighteen ships but the Mod tools don't specific where they setup. dry.gif Thanks anyway Muthsera.

One more question however. Is there something akin to a Wild Mage or Chaos sorcerer? Please note that only read about these and have not played any games containing mages like this.

Now for a spiffy comeback since I can't speak [redacted] without freespace.

Did you hear about the pineapple and yoyo thing one of girls do? You didn't? It's kind of hard to describe, but I can draw a picture if you want...

MadHatt;

Not normally, no, because of [redacted]- however, it is possible to speak to some snakes, and of course, some snakes are [redacted]. I imagine that you will see that snake again. :)

Schwarzbart;

You will be able to become a Mentor, but manipulation is essentially whether or not you are selected for it- you won't actually be able to send someone else to do it (too bad! That would be cool. :) )

Yeah I must have missed that bit about Oan being a third year. :) I'll play again and look really hard for it.

Now for some questions.

1. I know that humans knew of astrology Pre dragon era, but there are phemes that (at leasr in the current era) are associated with that school. Did humans know of those phemes or did the dragons teach those too.

2. How closely do Dragons in this setting get along? I can see that they are capable of organizing some form of invasions, but I would guess that by their nature they are somewhat prone to infighting.

3. In what you would call one of the "textbook" assaults on the Wall, how many dragons arrived? And also, have they ever brought with them any retainers/disposable troops? I imagine not due to the logistical problems revolving around floating islands, but I might as well ask.

Freespace;

1. I know that humans knew of astrology Pre dragon era, but there are phemes that (at leasr in the current era) are associated with that school. Did humans know of those phemes or did the dragons teach those too.

The Imperial Temple teaches that the New Gods taught Mankind these Phemes.

2. How closely do Dragons in this setting get along? I can see that they are capable of organizing some form of invasions, but I would guess that by their nature they are somewhat prone to infighting.

They are very prone to infighting. :)

3. In what you would call one of the "textbook" assaults on the Wall, how many dragons arrived? And also, have they ever brought with them any retainers/disposable troops? I imagine not due to the logistical problems revolving around floating islands, but I might as well ask.

For assaults on the Wall, only Dragons have come, but there have been 'landward' invasions from north and south before. The largest flight of Dragons to attack the Wall numbered over three hundred, and they were defeated by the New Gods.

I'm pretty sure the people of that era wouldn't think so. ;)

By the way Legate, If a powerful enough wizard could just look at events in the past like that, what laws are in place to prevent you from doing so? That was a Pre-ban era, and even if it wasn't I'm sure the dragons wouldnt care.... :)