Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

You know, my grandfather recently found in a closet a notebook that had once belonged to HIS grandfather. The handwriting of my great great grandfather was very small but legible cursive. It was so tiny that I know I could not duplicate it. My family supposes that writing small was to conserve paper, but who knows? I now have a question.

Knowing that you have a skill for reading BAD handwriting, what is the legibility of the average person in the current era? I suppose that literacy in Elumia is not quite as high as the current real life standard, but even so...?

Freespace, I would imagine below average otherwise you would have little use for that skill.tongue.gif

Anyway Legate!

I just started reading the Let's Play of Academagia, and the writer mentioned exploring Elumia as it was a small island. I check the map and found it named Elumia with Mineta as a small state?/Country?

So what exactly is exploring Elumia proper?

Also the first random event to occur in that Let's Play is my Philippe hitting on you event. It made me a grinning loony.

If anyone has suggestions to the next few I'll gladly hear it:

How would your mage shave/get rid of body hairs? (would they?) Shaving with a knife is so outdated after all now we have magic. (directed at later years, I don't recall having to shave much in that age)

How would you fly? I can think of a long line of possibilities, but if your favorite character in game had to chose, how would they do it?

In truth or dare, which dare would be 'coolest'? I am thinking a mix of student genders though no hanky panky.

Also, Legate, can you draw phemes from within a palette? If you are able to summon one large enough that is? What I am truly asking I suppose is; can you walk into a palette and not disrupt the spell?

Adrian;

Here you go:

How would your mage shave/get rid of body hairs? (would they?) Shaving with a knife is so outdated after all now we have magic. (directed at later years, I don't recall having to shave much in that age)

I personally would use Mastery to make CremePudding trim it on my behalf. ;)

Also, Legate, can you draw phemes from within a palette? If you are able to summon one large enough that is? What I am truly asking I suppose is; can you walk into a palette and not disrupt the spell?

Yes, it's possible to enter a Palette without disrupting it. It's usually not a good idea, though, because of how your Wand interacts with it. :)

Ah, it's not just the tip of the wand then? Darn. ah well. It would have been a decent way of teaching spellcasting. Large enough for all to see and you wouldn't have to move around a palette that size. Speaking of which, can you turn palettes as you write on them? (Perhaps not in the actual act of holding a wand to the palette, but in the process of writing the phemes?

When drawing phemes, what level of control does one have? I assume drawing them is not like what we think about cursive, where all letters are connected to the others in one free flow line... Since we're talking about 3D space here what determines whether a wand inside the range of a pallete is drawing a pheme or not?

Edit: What are the requirements and prerequisites for applying for a teaching position at the Academagia?

Age?

Experience?

Feats?

So ... Flos Fragi? mellow.gif

Plus!

Is there an ofiicial barber in the school? Or do we trek all the way into the city just to get a haircut?

And I shouldn't have told you about Professor Sido's non-existent beard. The new line is just ... brrrr!

I think the haircuts do fall under "comfort magic" to the degree that either you master it, get it done by a professional, wear a hat, or walk around with green or bright pink for a month. (And then the problems begin again!)

To be honest I think magic in/around my head is something I'd be *reaaaaally* careful about. Imagine if you want to remove your stubble but you didn't quite make the right palette so now you are bald. To fix it a quick-grow spell which turns you into something from Starwars or vaguely related to the abominable snowman. Right, trimming then. But you end up profoundly bleeding from that as it began cutting away some of the flesh as well. Stopping the bleeding with a hasty negation you now have a red fountain frozen in time spraying out of your neck. Now. Do you really want to continue, or tell your friends? or even a teacher for help? Do you?

;)

(This is another reason I usually pick Glamour, AND why I hope to learn really good full-body glamours next year ;))

Adrian? I have evolved to better combat your wicked nature. Watch out. smile.gif

Also, what is extreme merit? I remember the highest merit I saw was over 1000 points.

Also! Will we ever find out if a certain ****tion professor is in love with a certain L*****?

It's the Hat. It's mad, as you know.

Sweet heavens. I was searching through the post for the description of the various collages and my eyes caught that. I'm not even sure if this is taken particularly out of context, but it made me laugh all the same.

I see in my minds eye a man, haunted with too many years of life, a bushy mustache, a mad eye and in rags sitting in the curb. "It's the hat! It's mad you know!" o.O *bush beard twist* *incoherent mutter* "mad."