Black Chicken Studios Forums

Patch 17 bugs?

buhumphrey

I downloaded and installed patch 17 yesterday. I was starting a new game created a new char and decided to quit and go finish a previous game. When I loaded the previous game the char's name was correct but the picture was of the new char I made and quit. Exited game and went back in and everything was good. I did have a crash not sure what caused it.

Later I was doing the Oan adventure and used up my options for the day and got down to 1 option which was something like your tired and want give up for the day (which I had selected previously) and was able to return to the adventure) this time the adventure is gone for good.

Also I realized that Bonuses to subskills are not counting towards Parent skill total. I found 3 examples:

Cooking = 0 Should be 1

Baking = 1 Excellent Cook +1

Green Grocery = 2 Excellent Cook +2

Recipes =2 Excellent Cook +2

Enchant = 2 Should be 3

Material Knowledge = 4

Palettes = 3 Merit Prize VI +1

Theory Of Enchantment = 4

School Survival = 1 Should be 2

Curiosity = 3

Social Skills = 2 Merit Prize IV +1

Study Habits = 3

buhumphrey;

I see- it looks like the the Parent Skill issue is a product of the crash corrected in that Patch, but we'll need to investigate. If you would please send me a pm to a RapidShare link of your save, I'd like to take a look at for Patch 18.

For the Oan Adventure, we'll investigate for DLC 4.

Finally, for the picture- this is a known issue, and is related to how the game clears data (for instance, if you play two games simultaneously you'll see something similar.) We'll see what we can do.

Thanks again!

buhumphrey;

I see- it looks like the the Parent Skill issue is a product of the crash corrected in that Patch, but we'll need to investigate. If you would please send me a pm to a RapidShare link of your save, I'd like to take a look at for Patch 18.

For the Oan Adventure, we'll investigate for DLC 4.

Finally, for the picture- this is a known issue, and is related to how the game clears data (for instance, if you play two games simultaneously you'll see something similar.) We'll see what we can do.

Thanks again!

not sure how to do that can I just email save file attachment?

I started a new game yesterday after reinstalling patch 17 and am having the same type problem with this new char, bonuses to skills not appearing in Parent skill total.

Athletics 2 should be 6

Competition 6 +2 Over protective

Running 8 +3 Over protective +1 Longstrides

Wrestling 7 +3 Over protective

Enchant 1 should be 2

Materials Knowledge 4

Palettes 2 +1 Merit Prize VI

Theory of Enchantment 4

I did notice that if I trained in competition it jumped up to a 5 where it should have been a 7 so maybe it will correct itself, BUT I did have over protective for more than a week and no correction until I trained in Competition.

This is related to first post and I know that it's being fixed in Patch 18, but another strange thing has happened in regards to the issue.

I decided to keep training in the sub skills of the Parent Skills that aren't increasing correctly when magically it increased by 1.

Granted it should be higher but I have faith that it'll be fixed on Wednesday.

Not sure if this tidbit is helpful or not, but what's there to lose by posting about it.

Mizu;

Thanks for this report- to clarify, you are saying that some Skill increases do not immediately report?

Thanks again!

Yes and no.

For awhile it was:

Example:

Ambush 0

Danger Sense 2

Mimicry 1

Move Silently 1

Then, training and permanent bonus from abilities:

Ambush 1

Danger Sense 2

Mimicry 3

Move Silently 3

Similar thing with Incantation.

Also, I noticed with some events that sometimes even with the Parent Skill being 0 (though it should be higher) that the option is green or better than purple, but at other times it's purple.

89157Z;

Ah, no- Detention seems to be working correctly in our test games, but if you come across another instance in which you have this behavior, please let me know!

Thanks!

I also got the 'stealth detention' bug once in my current game. Sorry, I don't have a savegame on that available either, can't remember exactly when it happened. Basically I just made a normal program for my schoolday in Anedius, no class skipping. After the day resolved, I was told that they reprimanded me for skipping detention. Although there never was any visible detention in my calendar on that day. There were other detentions on that week and I was a good boy and attended them all...

Another small glitch: when using the 'previous' and 'next' buttons on the calendar, it sometimes tends to go backwards/forwards 2 weeks at a time with a single mouse click. Not very serious but somewhat irritating.

I kept getting reprimanded but never got detention I skipped every class except for exams for 3 weeks and only got 1 detention altho I was reprimanded about 5 times.

Also I noticed I can no longer use feathers. I purchased hawk and raven feather from Johan's Aviary Delivery service, I have both feathers in my napsack but I can't hold them in my hand nor am I seeing the bonuses to Explore, Spy, or Espionage.

buhumphrey;

In the case of the Feathers, that will be corrected in DLC 4 (they are misTyped).

The Detention behavior is strange, although it can happen as you describe if the same Instructor is giving you Detention. You'll only see multiple if other Instructors are involved.

Still, the incidence rate is a little suspicious- we'll have a look.

Thanks!

Wha, here's a new one! I used Cleanse and Remake to boost my vitality massively, then I used a Stress Bonus 10 setting on an action to make sure it would work. I did this for two different actions! Sure enough, they both went wonderfully, however. On the following day, it preserved my stress bonus settings for ordinary schoolwork! I was afflicted with 20 points of stress when I hadn't been anticipated it.

The 'attend school' action doesn't allow stress bonuses to be tweaked directly, so to fix it, I 'remove action'd both days of school, which reset them.

Archived